General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Residence Permits and Visas Regulation

•   Message 51 of 182 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Sorry if this has already been posted but this is the English version of new rules http://icisleri.gov.ct.tr/Portals/32/VI ... ENG%29.pdf

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 52 of 182 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

come_on_aylin wrote:Sorry if this has already been posted but this is the English version of new rules http://icisleri.gov.ct.tr/Portals/32/VI ... ENG%29.pdf
First I have seen of this document. Interesting reading and does clear up the different types of visa.

Of course there is no detail about paperwork required, monies, health checks nor the process that needs to be followed. As always the devil is in the detail. This is where everything is wide open to interpretation.

“Yavas, yavas”
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Maisiemoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 53 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Maisiemoo »

Very interesting! So reading this document it seems that any foreigner who owns a property must get a residence permit without exception? I see a lot of people giving up and packing up!

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 54 of 182 in Discussion

Post by frugal90 »

It doesn't mention owners under tourist visa, but in the Turkish version of did, I think?

Yes, I foresee many people giving in and a big property market slump!

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 55 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

nobody knows how this law will be interpreted yet. Common sense says regarding the monthly income amounts it will be sufficient to show a lump sum. hopefully most can muster this.

From what i read above under

The foreigners who are eligible to apply for a short-term residence permit:

If you dont have a property you need a reason to be here eg treating a medical condition or shooting a movie etc . I dont know how many people the effects or indeed if the rules will be fully adhered to .Whilst for over 60 s property owners this will be a pain in the backside think about those who are just renting as they might not even meet the basic eligibilty.

Maisiemoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 56 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Maisiemoo »

frugal90 wrote:It doesn't mention owners under tourist visa, but in the Turkish version of did, I think?

Yes, I foresee many people giving in and a big property market slump!

It's in the Residence Permit Visa and says that this visa will be given to foreigners who will enter the country to apply for one of the residence permit types.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 57 of 182 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Maisiemoo wrote:Very interesting! So reading this document it seems that any foreigner who owns a property must get a residence permit without exception? I see a lot of people giving up and packing up!
A genuine question.....why would those who own a property just give up and leave? Trying to understand the reason.

Surely the TRNC rightly want to know who is coming into the country, for what reason and what length of time?

The process to apply for a long term residence visa is still confusing and yet to be made clear but having applied under the previous residency rules, it’s not an impossible task. We can only hope that the new process would be simpler and possibly even be available on line. In due course!
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

wjms
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 58 of 182 in Discussion

Post by wjms »

The online website for applications appears to be now present.

http://www.muhaceret.gov.ct.tr/ikamet/izinler

Tried entering my details a couple of times, but got a strange error message about my details not matching with the entry details or something.

Will go to the police station in Girne after I get back from my trip next month. Still unclear about income requirements, and also what particular visa I might be eligible to apply for as the house is in my partner's name and we are not married. Have a noterised (sic) letter from her stating she allows me to live in her property and will support me, or something, which was needed for the previous system, but I thought I would wait until after the new procedures were introduced. Am actually Cyprus-shrugging at myself now.

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 59 of 182 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

I really do not understand what all the fuss is about. Just abide by the law and get temporary residency if that is what you need. Unfortunately, over the years so many people have managed to circumvent the law by popping over the border and getting another 90 days, free of charge, whilst others, like us, actually do what the law requires and pay our dues, and hence are here legally. So, no one should complain just because that particular 'loophole' has been shut down, nor the 'gentleman's agreement' which people have benefited from for quite a number of years. It is quite ironic when people complain about having to have a visa to stay here, but then fully expect immigrants or visitors to the UK to have a visa, and in other countries too..... just accept the fact that for quite a few of you, you have been playing the system for years..... now you have to get legal.

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 60 of 182 in Discussion

Post by frugal90 »

It's not as simple as that. Many like us are swallows. Come out for 6/7/8 weeks or so in spring and autumn. If I have the hassle of needing to get residency, I probably won't bother and will sell up.

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 61 of 182 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

wjms wrote:The online website for applications appears to be now present.

http://www.muhaceret.gov.ct.tr/ikamet/izinler

Tried entering my details a couple of times, but got a strange error message about my details not matching with the entry details or something.

Will go to the police station in Girne after I get back from my trip next month. Still unclear about income requirements, and also what particular visa I might be eligible to apply for as the house is in my partner's name and we are not married. Have a noterised (sic) letter from her stating she allows me to live in her property and will support me, or something, which was needed for the previous system, but I thought I would wait until after the new procedures were introduced. Am actually Cyprus-shrugging at myself now.
Just tried that, everything was fine, until the final hurdle.... the phone number..... it does not allow, for some reason, the full TRNC number... just one digit short..... and I thought it was all going so well up until then.... ha ha

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 62 of 182 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

frugal90 wrote:It's not as simple as that. Many like us are swallows. Come out for 6/7/8 weeks or so in spring and autumn. If I have the hassle of needing to get residency, I probably won't bother and will sell up.
Exactly the point, have you checked out visa requirements in other countries, just out of interest? But, if you are only coming for less than 90 days, which is what you are saying, in a 180 day period, for example, Spring and Autumn...… then, as I understand it you don't have a problem anyway. But I could be wrong, and you may be cutting off your nose to spite your face, having a knee jerk reaction...… maybe a bit like some of the people on here. Just chill!

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 63 of 182 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Wonder what happens when the on line form is completed and submitted?

wjms
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 64 of 182 in Discussion

Post by wjms »

Just tried that, everything was fine, until the final hurdle.... the phone number..... it does not allow, for some reason, the full TRNC number... just one digit short..... and I thought it was all going so well up until then.... ha ha
I put in my normal mobile number, but think it failed before then on my passport and name details. I have a double-barrelled surname and think this may be the issue! It has been before.

Try your mobile number without the leading zero, I seem to remember that I needed to do that for the Kibtek app...

James

wjms
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 65 of 182 in Discussion

Post by wjms »

PoshinDevon wrote:Wonder what happens when the on line form is completed and submitted?
Dunno! Computer said "no".

James

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 66 of 182 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Reyntj wrote:
If you dont have a property you need a reason to be here eg treating a medical condition or shooting a movie etc . I dont know how many people the effects or indeed if the rules will be fully adhered to .Whilst for over 60 s property owners this will be a pain in the backside think about those who are just renting as they might not even meet the basic eligibilty.
Bottom of page 7;

"Short-term residence permit according to income: Short-term residence permit can be issued to
the foreigners whose monthly income is equal to the total of 5 minimum wage or has the annual
equivalent of that amount in a bank account."

So if you have a monthly income of 14,790 TL (£2000 approx) or can show 177,480 TL (£24,000 approx) in a bank account you don't need to be Steven Spielberg or have a medical condition.

Do they shoot many films here?

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 67 of 182 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

frugal90 wrote:
If I have the hassle of needing to get residency, I probably won't bother and will sell up.
If that becomes a trend, that should do the thriving construction industry no end of harm

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 68 of 182 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

Actually, if everyone had that attitude... the housing market will die even more of a death, and selling up won't be an option..... unless you are willing to take a reasonable offer..... good luck on that one. We have friends who have had the house on the market for 3 years...…. but I digress..... the post is about residency/visa requirements, and the fact is, people have, as I said before, flaunted and circumvented the rules … so don't complain now when it comes back to bite you in the bum..... well, no, actually, all you have to do is apply to be here legally.... it really is not that difficult.
Last edited by mrsgee on Thu 24 Oct 2019 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maisiemoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 69 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Maisiemoo »

We are swallows too and while I understand the reasons behind the changes please bear in mind that what seems a breeze when you are younger can become a nightmare for older people, mobility issues being just one thing that comes to mind. Hopefully the online application process will be easy to deal with and negate the necessity of going to Lefkosa.

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 70 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

Yes my mistake ive just re -read it no problem then if your renting you just need to show £24 k probably . So manageable for most
Last edited by Reyntj on Thu 24 Oct 2019 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 71 of 182 in Discussion

Post by frugal90 »

£24k is a lot!

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 72 of 182 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

I think, at the end of the day, if people don't have the required amount of income/savings... and I still think it Is very unclear, but I don't think for one minute that 24,000 is the figure, but if people do not have the required amount, whatever it may be, then they should not be here, but I have to say a lot of these posts are scaremongering...… stop panicking and just get on with your life....you only have one... accept what life throws at you..... and for heaven's sake.... if it means a trip to immigration..... is that really a problem... nope!

steveodp
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 73 of 182 in Discussion

Post by steveodp »

Do any of the documents/evidence collected so far, clarify if the required income and/or savings is per person, or per household?

Geoff1131
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 74 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Geoff1131 »

I am all for being legal. But have taken the Gentleman's agreement route for the past few years. Just tried to fill in the on line form and found it fairly easy to negotiate. But when i pressed to register i got the message. ' your entry details do not match ' please go to immigration office to clarify. I would have probably had to go there in any case so Lefkosia it is..

wjms
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 75 of 182 in Discussion

Post by wjms »

Geoff1131 wrote:I am all for being legal. But have taken the Gentleman's agreement route for the past few years. Just tried to fill in the on line form and found it fairly easy to negotiate. But when i pressed to register i got the message. ' your entry details do not match ' please go to immigration office to clarify. I would have probably had to go there in any case so Lefkosia it is..
Geoff,

I might be completely wrong here, but I recall reading that after 23/10 everyone, including those who were able to make use of the gentleman's agreement, had to report to their local district police immigration office.

So, if you are in the Girne district, the police station in town is where you would go.

Glad it wasn't just me with the online form though. I had the same error message.

James

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 76 of 182 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

I recall reading or hearing something from way back when that those over 60 had 3 mths to register and a year to complete the process (Whatever that might be). Plus it had been mentioned that if you had already done the residency process but since you went over 60 you had let it lapse then there was no medical needed just remainder of paperwork and go straight to Lefkosia Immigration. No trip to local police station. Also after recent representations by organisations there were many questions to be answered about the new process which the TRNC prime minister agreed needed addressing. One of these was making elderly people travel to Lefkosa....i think the prime ministers words were...if it were my elderly mother why would I want her to travel from her home to Lefkosa to complete the process.

Of course this is all stuff read in local papers, off the forum, heard from a friend, friend of a friend or whoever so should be taken with a huge pinch of salt.

It’s not the fact that there are new regulations it’s more about trying to understand exactly what the process is and what is required to ensure we can comply with them......that’s the frustrating part which is being interpreted in many different ways.

Hey ho it will work itself out no doubt.

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 77 of 182 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

frugal90 wrote:It's not as simple as that. Many like us are swallows. Come out for 6/7/8 weeks or so in spring and autumn. If I have the hassle of needing to get residency, I probably won't bother and will sell up.
Seconded, with the proviso that it is not merely a matter of "hassle" - it appears to be a change with considerable effects - possibly due to ambivalence/lack of clarity, more effect on "swallows" than permanent residents. The "30/60/90" day may be perfectly clear to the government/legal people who wrote (concocted) this set of rules, but it will not be clear to the people/officials who will be "enforcing" these rules - and residents - and especially "swallows" - will fall victim to this ambivalence.
One immediate point is - the owner of an "immovable property" - what (if any) difference will apply to that owner - and the spouse/partner?
What if the "owner" is the parent/child of the visitor - will there be a difference?
Additionally, it is a fact that some "swallows" have chosen not (or cannot afford) to reside permanently, so will have managed to scrimp and save to buy a small property and then visit, despite having a fairly low monthly income (WELL below the suggested 24000 figure, so any remarks suggesting that they should not be here are unbelievably ignorant, arrogant and patronising.

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 78 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

I’ve read many posts on this issue but haven’t found one which answers the question:

If you have been getting your residency stamps, in spite of the over 60 “concession”, do you still have to go through the new process?

Our “Temporary residence permit” with “Category of residence” = Visitor obtained under the old system is valid until 31/03/2021. So do we have to re-apply?

Confused of Ozanköy

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 79 of 182 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

Swallow less than 90 days in 180 in our case less than 90 in 365
I've taken theses two line from the English version

Visa Due to Ownership of Immovable Property: A visa can be issued up to 90 days for those who have a title deed document indicating that they own an immovable property.

Foreigners who want to stay in the TRNC for more than 90 days or longer than the period granted by the visa are required to obtain residence permit if they are not otherwise legally permitted to stay in the country.

So why do I have to do residency?

Saintsfan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 80 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Saintsfan »

We stay in a hotel for 3 months and only pay on the last day of our visit, looks like we will only get 30 days now unless we can show we have paid in advance, am I reading it right?

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 81 of 182 in Discussion

Post by frugal90 »

Wanders let us hope we don't.

Looks like we'll need to carry the title deed , or preferably an electronic copy or photo.

Geoff1131
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 82 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Geoff1131 »

OK so does anyone know what i need to take and to where? I am well over 60 and had residency up to a few years ago when i let it lapse. I have the old residency stamps in my passport so what do i need to take and where too? The Girne police immigration or Lefkosia?

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 83 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Mogli597,
I take it you have a up to date Stamp in your passport, if so,
go into the permit website , your answer is on the first page you come too under residence permit

bugsy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 84 of 182 in Discussion

Post by bugsy »

So if you rent and dont have £2000 a month income what then,do they throw you out!!!

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 85 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Mogli597
Yes I see you have an up to date permit.
Your answer is on the first page of website.

teatime
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 86 of 182 in Discussion

Post by teatime »

Copy of BRS Newsletter:

OCTOBER 2019
INTERIM NEWSLETTER
RESIDENCY UPDATE

As promised in the previous Interim Newsletter, ongoing meetings have been held between members of the Committee and various Government officials to clarify the situation following the announcement that the Residency regulations were being altered in order to understand the current population breakdown in the TRNC.
We have also been busy lobbying for changes to the Regulations prior to their introduction. We have had some successes, particularly in the area of financial requirement for residency and that the passports will no longer carry residency stamps, but we will be continuing to try to amend the Regulations to ensure the best deal for our members.
-ooOOoo- Following a meeting at the Prime Ministry on Monday (21st October 2019) with Serap Destegul REDIF, Prime Ministers Legal and Political Affairs Director and Emre HACI, Director of Immigration we have learnt the following:-
A ‘guidance’ document is currently being translated into English and once we have that it will be circulated. This document will outline the ONLINE system and confirm the current system for those who cannot use the ONLINE system.
It will also contain other useful information. • The new Residency Regulations WILL come into effect on 23rd October 2019

• The registration for the ONLINE process can be accessed via https://icisleri.gov.ct.tr/. On the right hand side of the screen is a ‘house’ icon. This is your link to the registration part of the process.

• All UK Citizens staying in the TRNC in excess of 90 days will have to register for Residency, irrespective of age. • There will be a ONE-year transition period to complete your application

• Over 60s can elect to apply for either 1,2 or 3 years

• Initial requirements WILL include a medical check (blood test) but they are reviewing the need to repeat this for persons over 60 in subsequent years.

• The financial requirements will be based on either -

(a) Savings to the value of the average TRNC annual minimum wage OR

(b) Income equivalent to ONCE the average monthly minimum wage if you own property OR, THREE times the average monthly minimum wage if you rent. (c) The cost of residency will be the current yearly fee (currently 447tl per annum)

• Application will be online OR as the current ‘paper system’

• Visitor visa’s will be for 30,60 or 90 days depending on the reason for the stay.

(a) 30 days purely for tourist holidays (b) 60 days if staying with a relative or (c) 90 days if you own property and wish to subsequently apply for residency

• You will only be able to stay 90 days in each 180-day period.

• The completed residency permission will NOT be in your passport. If you make your application ONLINE your will be able to print your Residency document at the conclusion of the process. For NON-ONLINE applications it will be a separate paper document.

• The ONLINE process will not necessitate a trip to the Immigration Offices in Lefkosa, the NON-ONLINE process will remain as it currently is.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE PREVIOUS ‘PAPER’ SYSTEM WAS DIFFERENT IF YOU WERE OVER 60 YEARS OF AGE. THIS IS NO LONGER THE CASE AND REVERTS TO THE ORIGINAL SYSTEM STARTING AT THE POLICE STATION. PLEASE REFER TO THE WEBSITE FOR THIS INFORMATION.

• The Government has come under intense pressure from all Communities regarding the ‘upper age’ at which you do not need to renew residency.

• Members who currently have Residency will not be required to register on the NEW system until the current document expires.

During the meeting several key facts were discussed. We had been aware that Turkish nationals could apply for five-year residencies and apply for Citizenship following that five-year period.
We queried that as it appears ‘unfair’ but we were told that there is a reciprocal agreement between Turkey and the TRNC which includes this.
These new Residency rules are a Regulation which was passed through the Council of Ministers as opposed to a Law passed through Parliament. The significance of this is that Regulations can be amended by the Council rather than through parliament, which will allow us to lobby for more concessions, on top of those we have already achieved.
In relation to our members who are ‘swallows’ we would advise that you apply for Residency through the online system. It will then allow you unfettered access for the period of that residency.
We have been assured that the Immigration Officers and Police have been informed to be lenient during the transition period and we have seen a document which confirms this fact.
The situation regarding UK citizens who have resided here for many years was also discussed and we were advised that the ‘Permanent Residency’ rules were also under review to make this easier to obtain.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 87 of 182 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

So what I read from that is that everyone who doesn't already have a temporary residency stamp in their passport will have to register now but are then allowed 1 year to complete the application for residency.

BRS member
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 88 of 182 in Discussion

Post by BRS member »

OCTOBER 2019
INTERIM NEWSLETTER
RESIDENCY UPDATE

As promised in the previous Interim Newsletter, ongoing meetings have been held between members of the Committee and various Government officials to clarify the situation following the announcement that the Residency regulations were being altered in order to understand the current population breakdown in the TRNC.
We have also been busy lobbying for changes to the Regulations prior to their introduction. We have had some successes, particularly in the area of financial requirement for residency and that the passports will no longer carry residency stamps, but we will be continuing to try to amend the Regulations to ensure the best deal for our members.

Following a meeting at the Prime Ministry on Monday (21st October 2019) with Serap Destegul REDIF, Prime Ministers Legal and Political Affairs Director and Emre HACI, Director of Immigration we have learnt the following:-
A ‘guidance’ document is currently being translated into English and once we have that it will be circulated. This document will outline the ONLINE system and confirm the current system for those who cannot use the ONLINE system.
It will also contain other useful information. • The new Residency Regulations WILL come into effect on 23rd October 2019

• The registration for the ONLINE process can be accessed via https://icisleri.gov.ct.tr/. On the right hand side of the screen is a ‘house’ icon. This is your link to the registration part of the process.

• All UK Citizens staying in the TRNC in excess of 90 days will have to register for Residency, irrespective of age. • There will be a ONE-year transition period to complete your application

• Over 60s can elect to apply for either 1,2 or 3 years

• Initial requirements WILL include a medical check (blood test) but they are reviewing the need to repeat this for persons over 60 in subsequent years.

(b) Income equivalent to ONCE the average monthly minimum wage if you own property OR, THREE times the average monthly minimum wage if you rent. (c) The cost of residency will be the current yearly fee (currently 447tl per annum)

• Application will be online OR as the current ‘paper system’

• Visitor visa’s will be for 30,60 or 90 days depending on the reason for the stay.

(a) 30 days purely for tourist holidays (b) 60 days if staying with a relative or (c) 90 days if you own property and wish to subsequently apply for residency

• You will only be able to stay 90 days in each 180-day period.

• The completed residency permission will NOT be in your passport. If you make your application ONLINE your will be able to print your Residency document at the conclusion of the process. For NON-ONLINE applications it will be a separate paper document.

• The ONLINE process will not necessitate a trip to the Immigration Offices in Lefkosa, the NON-ONLINE process will remain as it currently is.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE PREVIOUS ‘PAPER’ SYSTEM WAS DIFFERENT IF YOU WERE OVER 60 YEARS OF AGE. THIS IS NO LONGER THE CASE AND REVERTS TO THE ORIGINAL SYSTEM STARTING AT THE POLICE STATION. PLEASE REFER TO THE WEBSITE FOR THIS INFORMATION.

• The Government has come under intense pressure from all Communities regarding the ‘upper age’ at which you do not need to renew residency.

• Members who currently have Residency will not be required to register on the NEW system until the current document expires.

During the meeting several key facts were discussed. We had been aware that Turkish nationals could apply for five-year residencies and apply for Citizenship following that five-year period.
We queried that as it appears ‘unfair’ but we were told that there is a reciprocal agreement between Turkey and the TRNC which includes this.
These new Residency rules are a Regulation which was passed through the Council of Ministers as opposed to a Law passed through Parliament. The significance of this is that Regulations can be amended by the Council rather than through parliament, which will allow us to lobby for more concessions, on top of those we have already achieved.
In relation to our members who are ‘swallows’ we would advise that you apply for Residency through the online system. It will then allow you unfettered access for the period of that residency.
We have been assured that the Immigration Officers and Police have been informed to be lenient during the transition period and we have seen a document which confirms this fact.
The situation regarding UK citizens who have resided here for many years was also discussed and we were advised that the ‘Permanent Residency’ rules were also under review to make this easier to obtain.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 89 of 182 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Firstly thank you to the BRS member for posting the latest information as they know it regarding the new residency rules and regulations.

The information will be of a great help to everyone.

As is often the case things are still fluid at the moment so I would ask that members keep this in mind.

RichB
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 90 of 182 in Discussion

Post by RichB »

I tried to complete the online form but it was rejected as it said my country input details did not match. Has anyone successfully completed this online form?

steveodp
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 91 of 182 in Discussion

Post by steveodp »

steveodp wrote:Do any of the documents/evidence collected so far, clarify if the required income and/or savings is per person, or per household?
Ok, to answer my own question, can anyone confirm I have interpreted this correctly...

If the house title is in two names, one person applies for the annual short-term residency, and because only one short-term residency can be issued per title, the other has to apply for family residency, being ‘sponsored’ by the one with the residency permit?

But what are the requirements for application for a family residency permit, is there any financial expectation?

The translated PDF says: “For family residence permit application requirements check: RESIDENCE PERMITS and VISA REGULATION Article.17” - where is this found?

Mr Mac
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 92 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Mr Mac »

I completed registration, I got a text message and went on to the completing of questions. These were all in Turkish, no English translation. I google translated them and they were fairly simple, are you over 18, was your mother or father born in the TRNC. (Which the werent). Then asked date dd/mm/yy of when you entered TRNC. I entered 30 Sept 2012. I then got an error message telling me “ Since your parents were not citizens, you had to come to K.K.T.C. before the age of 7. Your application was not valid because you did not comply” and chucked me out!! Soooo don’t know what to do next! Wait and see, I have a year!!

My husband never received a text at all after registration either.

Mrs Mac

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 93 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

As we have 30 days I think I will give it a week or two to see if any of the issues raised iron themselves out before I stress myself out to do it all. As we have a TRNC registered phone with a UK sim card it looks like we will need a TRNC sim card anyway to start with.

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 94 of 182 in Discussion

Post by frugal90 »

I came in on the 15th Oct so am assuming I still have the 90 days. Nothing was stamped on passport not said. Here until end Nov. Will just make my trips less than 30 days now, unless things change and there is an easy solution to staying for day 45 days or so. Seems to be a big negative for trnc economy .

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 95 of 182 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

BRS member wrote:
The regulations as printed speak of the residency requirement of 3 or 5 times. So the changes that they have been successful in obtaining don't appear to be shown.
BRS member wrote:
A ‘guidance’ document is currently being translated into English and once we have that it will be circulated.
As long as it is an accurate translation and representation of the regulations it will have some use because the only things that will influence the officials charged with enforcing the regulations are the regulations and any guidance document they have been given. If it isn't a true reflection of the active published regulations it will be as useful as Anne Frank's drum kit.
BRS member wrote:

That reads for a renter, savings of 35,496 TL or prove a monthly income of 8,874 TL (106,488 TL p.a.) which doesn't make sense. As far as I know, there is an average wage and a minimum wage but not an average minimum wage.

Also this totally contradicts the regulations as published. So, until fresh regulations are published incorporating these changes, we have regulations passed by the government that have been issued to their staff charged with implementing the regulations that say 3 times and 5 times minimum wage and the BRS advice which as far as I can tell is a nod and a wink from the officials they met with?

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 96 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Enjoying the sun,
Re the renters in your post.
I would think it means when someone comes to TRNC to rent they will not necessarily have 35.496TL in savings, However they would be allowed to stay if they had an income of 8.874TL.

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 97 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Hector »

As a mere 'swallow' these new immigration rules spell the end of our long relationship with the TRNC. Our lovely villa will be going on the market. We will continue to visit for short periods until our villa is (hopefully) sold. We have done nothing other than to support local people, trades and businesses in our many years visiting but that appears to count for nothing.

Saintsfan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 98 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Saintsfan »

I have checked on north Cyprus embassy website for tourist visa info for entry 90 days or less you have to have proof of accommodation booking and show you have £85 per day per stay

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 99 of 182 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Mr Chinnery wrote:Enjoying the sun,
I would think it means when someone comes to TRNC to rent they will not necessarily have 35.496TL in savings, However they would be allowed to stay if they had an income of 8.874TL.
I agree that it reads as an either or, but the 35,496 TL in savings is approximately half what it previously was which was £10,000. Also how long was the figure £10,000, if it has been that figure for a number of years then an adjustment for inflation wouldn't be unlikely

Saintsfan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 100 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Saintsfan »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Mr Chinnery wrote:Enjoying the sun,
I agree that it reads as an either or, but the 35,496 TL in savings is approximately half what it previously was which was £10,000. Also how long was the figure £10,000, if it has been that figure for a number of years then an adjustment for inflation wouldn't be unlikely

Do renters usually enter with a tourist visa?

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”