Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Residence Permits and Visas Regulation

•   Message 101 of 182 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Saintsfan wrote:
Do renters usually enter with a tourist visa?
To get the 1 year residency the first step is to rent somewhere and get a rental agreement which then enables you to get a bank account and mukhtar's letter so I guess as you need to be in the country to get the rental agreement then you have entered originally on a tourist visa.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 102 of 182 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

The post by brsmember was the information known at the time it was written and there is still a little way to go before all queries are answered and the process is running smoothly.

Whilst there are anomalies and questions still to be answered I do believe it is a help in making things a little clearer. For most of us the way the rules/regulations have been introduced and the lack of clarity in the process is nothing new. It is difficult at times but we have to accept that this is the way things are often done out here.

Hopefully over the next few weeks more detail will be available and I am sure members going thro the process whether that be on line or direct at the respective offices will provide updates on their experiences.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 103 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Hector »

LGC News just published circa 1 pm 25.10.19

Rifts in Government Over Citizenship and Residency Permits

North Cyprus News

'Rifts in the coalition government have appeared because of the issue of Foreign Minister Kudret Ozersay’s ambitions to be President of the TRNC and the new citizenship and residency permit regulations, introduced by Interior Minister Ayşegül Baybars, which also affect citizens from Turkey.

Ms Baybars, an opinion piece written by Gokhan Altiner for Turkish Cypriot daily ‘Kibris Postasi’ says, is not favoured by Ankara because of her policies and the Turkish government has called for her dismissal, Altiner writes. However, Ozersay has clearly rejected this idea, he says.

“I’m guessing that Ozersay, once the prince of Ankara, is now quickly moving away from this point. Even if Ayşegül has made some moves to smooth out the regulation and even issued an additional circular, there is a serious problem”, Altiner writes.

The journalist adds that he thinks that the People’s Party (HP) led by Ozersay, will be ousted from the coalition. This increases pressure on Prime Minister Ersin Tatar to stand for president. Tatar has said he would not be a candidate in the 2020 presidential elections, but that he would listen to his party.'

wizardofmann
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 104 of 182 in Discussion

Post by wizardofmann »

I have good advice for all us expats....Take a chill pill......This is Cyprus

What one reads today and whether all of it is going to become reality is still a long way down the road. However, if all of these residence requirement ARE implemented as it now stands, there will be an awful lot of businesses going bust fast, very fast!

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 105 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Hector »

"What one reads today and whether all of it is going to become reality is still a long way down the road."

Unfortunately, it isn't. It's already happening.

teatime
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 106 of 182 in Discussion

Post by teatime »

It's a very short way down the road if you've only been given 30 days.

lee666
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Residence Permits and Visas Regulationvr

•   Message 107 of 182 in Discussion

Post by lee666 »

I think as frontaman and others have said, if you can sit back and wait a while whilst the TRNC government iron all the problems out. I think things will be clarified, then we can all do what we need to to remain, if that is indeed your choice.

We are both over 60 and have not gone through the Residency process since we arrived almost three years ago. We both understand we will have to go through the process but we have 12 months to get it done. It will however restrict us going over the border as not sure what will happen when we come back across to the North but we will live with that.

Have always loved it here, warts and all so we are not going anywhere.

Going to sit on my hands for 3 or 4 months and see what develops.

I would like to thank the BRS member for their post and hope they will post further updates when/if they are released.
Last edited by lee666 on Fri 25 Oct 2019 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones."

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 108 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Hi lee666, it wasn't actually 'The BRS' who posted the information, it was a couple of members who had received the BRS newsletter, and posted it on here - one of them 'Anon Ymous'ly

lee666
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 109 of 182 in Discussion

Post by lee666 »

Ah Keithcaley, my error. A BRS member posted the large update.
"The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones."

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 110 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

This renter has been entering with the stamp I mentioned earlier:

A “Temporary residence permit” with “Category of residence” = Visitor obtained under the old system and valid until 31/03/2021.

I’ll be returning from a trip to the Atlantic Isles on 2nd November. I shall see what happens then.

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 111 of 182 in Discussion

Post by frugal90 »

Just wondering if the authorities monitor this type of forum at all?
Who should we contact/e mail if we have points to convey about the potential impact of implementation of all of this?

Thanks

paul90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 112 of 182 in Discussion

Post by paul90 »

Hector wrote:LGC News just published circa 1 pm 25.10.19

Rifts in Government Over Citizenship and Residency Permits

North Cyprus News

'Rifts in the coalition government have appeared because of the issue of Foreign Minister Kudret Ozersay’s ambitions to be President of the TRNC and the new citizenship and residency permit regulations, introduced by Interior Minister Ayşegül Baybars, which also affect citizens from Turkey.

Ms Baybars, an opinion piece written by Gokhan Altiner for Turkish Cypriot daily ‘Kibris Postasi’ says, is not favoured by Ankara because of her policies and the Turkish government has called for her dismissal, Altiner writes. However, Ozersay has clearly rejected this idea, he says.

“I’m guessing that Ozersay, once the prince of Ankara, is now quickly moving away from this point. Even if Ayşegül has made some moves to smooth out the regulation and even issued an additional circular, there is a serious problem”, Altiner writes.

The journalist adds that he thinks that the People’s Party (HP) led by Ozersay, will be ousted from the coalition. This increases pressure on Prime Minister Ersin Tatar to stand for president. Tatar has said he would not be a candidate in the 2020 presidential elections, but that he would listen to his party.'
Another article in LGC News says:

"The period for which a foreigner may stay with a visa in the TRNC cannot exceed 90 days each time and cannot exceed 90 days every 180 days.

A person who has completed 90 days of stay in the TRNC with a residence permit will be able to re-enter the country after a period of 80 days.

Upon entering the country, foreigners will be asked to state the purpose of their visit, their upkeep and the place where they will be staying in the TRNC. The interview will not exceed four hours.

Those who do not agree to be questioned for a lengthy period at the ports will be given the right to return to their country.
Those who are not considered to be appropriate to enter in the TRNC will be sent back."

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 113 of 182 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

paul90 wrote:
Another article in LGC News says:
...Upon entering the country, foreigners will be asked to state the purpose of their visit, their upkeep and the place where they will be staying in the TRNC. The interview will not exceed four hours....
I noticed that; be some nice queues at Metahan....
Just a thought - will these new regs apply to those "foreigners from the south" who come shopping etc....

Geoff1131
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 114 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Geoff1131 »

Just got back from a trip to Larnaca and was told that i had to get residency. I told the lady i knew about it and asked her what i had to do. Go to immigration was the reply. I asked is that Girne or Lefkosia? Go to immigration was the reply. I asked what i needed to take? Go to immigration was the reply. So i guess i will go to immigration. I must say she was very polite and maybe was giving a stock answer. By the way she told me i had got 30 days to sort it.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 115 of 182 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

Geoff1131 wrote:Just got back from a trip to Larnaca and was told that i had to get residency. I told the lady i knew about it and asked her what i had to do. Go to immigration was the reply. I asked is that Girne or Lefkosia? Go to immigration was the reply. I asked what i needed to take? Go to immigration was the reply. So i guess i will go to immigration. I must say she was very polite and maybe was giving a stock answer. By the way she told me i had got 30 days to sort it.
https://icisleri.gov.ct.tr

RESIDENCE PERMIT APPLICATION PROCESS Applications for a residence permit will be submitted to the Immigration Authority of the District Police Directorate responsible for the area where he/she resides within thirty days after the commencement of the period granted with the visa given while entering to the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.
Applications for renewal of a residence permit shall be made no earlier than sixty days and not later than twenty days before the expiry of the current residence permit.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 116 of 182 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

https://icisleri.gov.ct.tr

There are pdf documents which can be downloaded from the TR gov own website in English the information on there does contradict the BRS information.

DURATION OF THE RESIDENCE PERMIT FOR FOREIGNERS WHO POSSESS IMMOVABLE PROPERTY IN THE T.R.N.C

Foreigners who possess immovable property in the TRNC may be granted 1 year renewable residence permit for the first 3 years and thereafter two years renewable permit provided that they have obtained the title deeds registered to their names. CRITERIA FOR RESIDENCE PERMIT FOR FOREIGNERS WHO POSSESS IMMOVABLE PROPERTY IN THE T.R.N.C
He/she must possess a house suitable for residence that is currently being used for this purpose.
If the title deed of a dwelling is divided into more than one share and one of the shareholders has been issued a short-term residence permit in accordance with this paragraph, no short-term residence permit shall be granted to another shareholder for the same dwelling.
In the event that the immovable property has been purchased through concluding a contract, it is required that the payment for at least one third of the sale price has been made and the applicant must have applied for permission from the Council of Ministers to acquire the immovable property. If the immovable property has a title deed registered to the name of the applicant, the applicant is required to have an income equal to at least three monthly minimum wages; if the instalments are still being paid for the immovable property that has been acquired through a contract, the applicant must have an income equal to at least three monthly minimum wages in addition to the monthly instalment amount stated in the contract.

paul90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 117 of 182 in Discussion

Post by paul90 »

Geoff1131 wrote:Just got back from a trip to Larnaca and was told that i had to get residency. I told the lady i knew about it and asked her what i had to do. Go to immigration was the reply. I asked is that Girne or Lefkosia? Go to immigration was the reply. I asked what i needed to take? Go to immigration was the reply. So i guess i will go to immigration. I must say she was very polite and maybe was giving a stock answer. By the way she told me i had got 30 days to sort it.
I think that it means you have 30 days to register online, and then:

"FOREIGNERS WHO ARE OLDER THAN SIXTY YEARS AND HAVE NO LEGAL PERMISSION TO STAY IN TRNC MUST GET A RESIDENCE PERMIT.

Foreigners who have reached the age of sixty before the residence permits and visas regulation has entered into force and who have been living in the TRNC without a legal permission may remain to stay in the country if they obtain a residence permit within one year."

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 118 of 182 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

Has anyone completed the online form successfully? the pdf file available on the gov. website says the process has to go to your local Police office and where possible you may use the online form
Dont really understand how you would show income on a online form?

RESIDENCE PERMIT APPLICATION PROCESS Applications for a residence permit will be submitted to the Immigration Authority of the District Police Directorate responsible for the area where he/she resides within thirty days after the commencement of the period granted with the visa given while entering to the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.
Applications for renewal of a residence permit shall be made no earlier than sixty days and not later than twenty days before the expiry of the current residence permit.
The applications are first evaluated by the Immigration Authority of the District Police Directorate and then submitted to the Immigration Department within ten days, with a reasoned opinion whether it is appropriate to grant a residence permit or not.
After the application is received by the Department, the applicant submits a clean medical report to the Department and if no further examination is required, a residence permit is issued at that time.
If the clean medical report is not delivered to the Department by the applicant within thirty days starting from the date of application, a short message is sent to the applicant stating that his application has been rejected and that he/she has to leave the country within five days. Those persons who do not leave the country within five days will be considered as having stayed in the country without permission from the competent authorities and will be fined in accordance with the Law.
The information and documents required for each type of residence permit are determined by the Department and published on the official website https://icisleri.gov.ct.tr/. In cases where possible, applications will be made through the official website of the Department.

CPFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 119 of 182 in Discussion

Post by CPFC »

Possible duplicate ..

Just trying to get clarification for the possible impact on homeowners who use their property solely for holidays - we are aged under 60?

Is the max single stay now going to be 30 days - very occasionally we stay for 5 weeks in the summer?

Total visit over the year is approximately 8 weeks split over 4 holidays.

Do we need to do anything different?

Many thanks

ifonly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 120 of 182 in Discussion

Post by ifonly »

This is what we were told yesterday ----- after going to RoC and coming back in.
We both had residency - one over 60 but carried on with residency stamps the other of us under 60.
At the crossing coming back in was asked "Do you have permisssion to come in ?"
"Permission ?"
"Yes - resident"
"Yes it is stamped in our passports"
"Ah yes i can see now - that is ok then "

"What if we did not have it - as some friends do not as they are over 60 and have not done it "?
"Ok - they have 1 year to claim residence ---- but if they EXIT KKTC before getting residency and then re enter they will be given only 30 days from that entry date to claim residence - the 1 year is only for those who do not leave KKTC"

Seems pretty staightforward - although when i asked what they had to do to claim it - he did the usual Cyprus Shoulder Shrug and said "You need to ask at the Police station "

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 121 of 182 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

Article in Cyprus Today clarifies the situation a bit.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 122 of 182 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

The article in CT says foreigners 60 years and over have until 23rd October 2020 to complete residency and will not require health checks. Mrs Baybars will be sending a "memo" to immigration officers telling them to assure such expats that they had a year to comply with new regulations. "irrespective of what is being said by an immigration officer, the new rules provide for a one year transition period for foreign residents aged 60 and over" she said. "I say openly to people not to panic, even if their passports are stamped with 30- or 90-day visa... No resident over 60 is going to be penalised".

paul90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 123 of 182 in Discussion

Post by paul90 »

Went South this morning and drove back over Metahan.
Asked for 90 days - "Do you have a house here?" was the reply.
Showed a photocopy of my Kochan (the new GPS digital version) and was given the 90 days.
Residency permit etc was not mentioned.

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 124 of 182 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

paul 90
In the past the GC regime have taken criminal action against eu citizens with papers / property document relating to "stolen property " in the north
Gary Robb served time in the regime prison for selling gc land at Amaranta

I would have the copy Kochan on my phone

Also when brexit is done if you enter the island via the south they will be asking for the same details where are you going and staying and giving 30-90 days
Last edited by wanderer on Sat 26 Oct 2019 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HotHippo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 125 of 182 in Discussion

Post by HotHippo »

Here's an extract from the latest "guidance":

CRITERIA FOR RESIDENCE PERMIT FOR FOREIGNERS WHO POSSESS IMMOVABLE PROPERTY IN THE T.R.N.C
He/she must possess a house suitable for residence that is currently being used for this purpose.
If the title deed of a dwelling is divided into more than one share and one of the shareholders has been issued a short-term residence permit in accordance with this paragraph, no short-term residence permit shall be granted to another shareholder for the same dwelling.

So, if a couple share the title to a property, only one of them can have a residence permit, based upon that title deed? That should cause a few problems for most couples, never mind those going through a divorce, such as yours truly!

WTF???????

HH

jayceebee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 126 of 182 in Discussion

Post by jayceebee »

HotHippo wrote:Here's an extract from the latest "guidance":

CRITERIA FOR RESIDENCE PERMIT FOR FOREIGNERS WHO POSSESS IMMOVABLE PROPERTY IN THE T.R.N.C

So, if a couple share the title to a property, only one of them can have a residence permit, based upon that title deed? That should cause a few problems for most couples, never mind those going through a divorce, such as yours truly!

WTF???????

HH

Another one of many wrinkles still to be ironed out? Hopefully the next few weeks will see many changes?

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 127 of 182 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

HotHippo wrote:Here's an extract from the latest "guidance":

WTF???????

HH
One of the named owners applies for a family residence permit proving that they have income equal to 1 month's mininum wage then the other owner gets residency within that permit. This is assuming that the owners are married.

This has been confirmed on the North Cyprus Expats Facebook group by a lawyer from the Ministry of the Interior (see other thread on this subject).

HotHippo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 128 of 182 in Discussion

Post by HotHippo »

Thanks for your reply, J & J.

What would happen should one of a divorcing couple apply for a residence permit, solely for themselves?

Would the other party be disbarred from applying?

What a mess!

HH

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 129 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Hector »

I despair. I think that our decision to just sell up, putting our villa on the market early next year and in the meantime just pay very short visits (well under 30 days at a time), with spending as little money as possible, is the right one. We have already booked our flights for next year (being totally blindsided by these new regulations) so it will cost us a lot of money but such is life. I doubt if we are the only 'foreigners' doing the same.

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 130 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

J&j re your message 127,
I think you have read it wrong. One Kocan two people. One person apples for ‘residence permit’ and has to have the required funds. The second person ( half share) applies for ‘Family residence permit ‘ but does not require funds as the person with the residency permit is the sponsor of the other partner.

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 131 of 182 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

Mr Chinnery wrote:J&j re your message 127,
I think you have read it wrong. One Kocan two people. One person apples for ‘residence permit’ and has to have the required funds. The second person ( half share) applies for ‘Family residence permit ‘ but does not require funds as the person with the residency permit is the sponsor of the other partner.
Yes sorry I didn't explain it very well.

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 132 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

Hector,

Its unfortunate that you feel this way. The only thing id consider is that if you think gaining residency is too hard work try selling your house in trnc that wont be no mean task. I do understand that this is now a pain . But ive had to do residency in the past its not that bad . I read all these posts about we are old and cant travel to nicosia etc . But these are the same people who are traveling from the uk often on low cost airlines waiting in queues etc etc and that can take all day . If i had a choice of applying for residency or spending a day traveling on a plane like sardines id probably choose the first . My point is that applying for residency is not that difficult and if people are leaving because Of this its more of the straw that broke the camels back . Clearly its everyones own choice of what they do but as the rules are becoming more clear and the income requirements are not too much different to before i think only a very few will choose to not come here any more. Perhaps their time was up as there is a whole world out there to visit. Whatever you decide good luck!

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 133 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Hector wrote:I despair. I think that our decision to just sell up, putting our villa on the market early next year and in the meantime just pay very short visits (well under 30 days at a time), with spending as little money as possible, is the right one. We have already booked our flights for next year (being totally blindsided by these new regulations) so it will cost us a lot of money but such is life. I doubt if we are the only 'foreigners' doing the same.
If the situation is as black as you would paint it and you think many other foreigners will be doing the same just who is it you think will be left to buy your property?

If you decide to visit you can come for 90 days at a time as long as you leave for 90 days. There are a number of people from the Turkish legal sector who are trying to help with all of the confusion and talk of the Authorities making an announcement to clear things up. Just give time for stuff to be sorted and you might just find that the picture isn't as bad as you make out. If it is as bad you can still do one and tell us you were right all along.

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 134 of 182 in Discussion

Post by frugal90 »

Reverting to 90 days in any 180 would help many.

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 135 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Hedge-fund »

New news from LGC.....2.23pm 27th Oct

https://www.lgcnews.com/health-checks-f ... ntil-2020/

"Health Checks for Foreign Residents Scrapped Until 2020

Health checks for foreign nationals aged 60 and over applying for residency permits in the TRNC have been scrapped, Interior Minister Ayşegül Baybars has said. Recently implemented residency and visa regulations have done away with the previous “gentlemen’s agreement” that allowed expat residents aged 60 and over to stay in the TRNC without any legal permission, have caused concern in the expat community.

“No health checks will be needed in the first or subsequent residency applications,” Interior Minister Ayşegül Baybars has said.

FOREIGNERS WHO ARE OLDER THAN SIXTY YEARS AND HAVE NO LEGAL PERMISSION TO STAY IN TRNC MUST GET A RESIDENCE PERMIT.

Foreigners who reached the age of sixty before the residence permits and visas regulation entered into force and who have been living in the TRNC without a legal permission may remain in the country if they obtain a residence permit within one year. [TRNC Ministry of Interior website]".

pipie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 136 of 182 in Discussion

Post by pipie »

If the uk government tried all this bullshit with visiting TC’s there would be cries of racism from every corner but when the TC government does it nobody says a bloody word.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 137 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

pipie wrote:... nobody says a bloody word.

WHAT?

Have you not actually read ANYTHİNG?

BRS member
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 138 of 182 in Discussion

Post by BRS member »

NOVEMBER 2019
CHAIRMAN’S REPORT

RESIDENCY
We have received hundreds of enquiries which include numerous topics regarding the new Residency Regulations. As you can imagine we simply do not have the time or numbers to deal with everyone individually, but we have the topics recorded and hopefully most of them will be answered in this Newsletter.
Should this not be the case we will identify those topics and raise them with the Government in order to reduce concerns.
Thank you for your understanding as the Team are working hard for you!
Following the release of the second Interim Newsletter we have received many questions regarding clarification required surrounding the new Residency Regulations. On Monday 28th October, together with Deputy Chairman Mike Diplock, we met the Interior Minister Aysegul Baybars and her Head of Legal Services for the Interior Ministry Ogur Culhaoglu.
I thanked Mr Culhaoglu for joining a Group on Facebook and answering some questions relating to the problems.
The Minister then took the opportunity to reiterate the following points:- • Those UK Citizens who are over 60 years of age have up to one year to complete the process to obtain Residency.

• Persons under 60 years of age must continue to apply for Residency in the normal time frames using either the online system or previous ‘paper’ system. The exemption for blood tests did not apply to this group.

• There were issues with the Website which meant registration had not been easy, but during the discussion brought Emre Haci, the Director of Immigration into the meeting to provide him with an overview of problems
being experienced. The Minister requested that we be patient for a few more days until the IT providers had resolved these issues. The Minister promised that we would be notified once the system was fully operational.

• The Minister understood that there had been issues with at the borders with Immigration Officers only giving a 30-day visa but stated that no-one would be fined or penalised should they exceed this limit.

We then raised the following points with the Minister:-
1. When travelling to the TRNC from the South, it was an offence to carry documents of sale or kocans. The Minister admitted she was unaware of this.

2. There are many couples in the TRNC who are co-habiting and as the TRNC has no legal ability to class these persons as married. The Minister stated that they will be prepared to look at introducing some form of document which certifies that they are in a relationship but not married. This would be applicable for both heterosexual and same sex couples. The Minister said they would also look to review the financial requirements of these individuals to bring them in to line with ‘family residency’

3. Currently a property owner, who is 60 years or over and married would apply for a residency visa for ‘immovable property’ (whether the property is in joint names, or not) but this would effectively then be treated based on it being a Family visa. The other spouse’s subsequent application would be treated based on it being a part of the same Family visa. Although we have not yet seen how the two applications would be linked together within the online system, there is obviously a procedure for the linking together. The first applicant of a Family visa would be required to prove income equivalent to that of the current minimum TRNC wage which is 3400tl, approximately £458 according to current exchange rates. The second applicant would not be required to prove any income. For applicants who are 60 years or over, and renting property to live in, the same procedure as outlined above will apply, except for the first applicant, sufficient income equivalent to that of three (3) times the current minimum TRNC wage which would be 9,450TL would need to be proved, with the second and any subsequent applicant under the Family visa, not having to prove sufficient income.

As an alternative to proof of income, applications can be made that demonstrate savings equivalent to 12 times the minimum monthly wage. In the case of a property owner 37,800TL or if renting property 113,400TL.

4. We requested that a ‘help desk’ be provided for persons still requiring clarity on certain points. The Minister confirmed that she had requested English (and Russian) speaking support workers to provide such help and once in place the contact details would be circulated. Ogur confirmed that he would continue to take Q and A’s from the North Cyprus Expat Group.

5. We mentioned the concern this had caused as UK citizens were used to receiving more information prior to the implementation of new Regulations, but she again reiterate that this was why the ONE YEAR transition period had been put in place.

Just to reiterate those points from our previous Interim Newsletter that we have now had confirmed.
A ‘guidance’ document is currently being translated into English and once we have that it will be circulated. This document will outline the ONLINE system and confirm the current system for those who cannot use the ONLINE system.
It will also contain other useful information.

• The registration for the ONLINE process can be accessed via https://icisleri.gov.ct.tr/. On the right-hand side of the screen is a ‘house’ icon. This is your link to the registration part of the process. This is still not fully operational, and we will inform you once it has been confirmed to be fully working.

• All UK Citizens staying in the TRNC in excess of 90 days will have to register for Residency, irrespective of age.

• There will be a ONE-year transition period for persons over 60 to complete the application. This is until 22nd October 2020

• Over 60s can elect to apply for either 1,2 or 3 years

• Initial requirements WILL NOT include a medical check (blood test) for persons over 60 years of age, although those UNDER 60 years of age will continue to be required to undergo this test.

• The financial requirements will be based on either -

(a) Savings to the value of the average TRNC annual minimum wage OR

(b) Income equivalent to ONCE the average monthly minimum wage if you own property OR, THREE times the average monthly minimum wage if you rent.
(c) The cost of residency will be the current yearly fee (currently 447tl per annum)

• Application will be online OR as the current ‘paper system’

• Visitor visa’s will be for 30,60 or 90 days depending on the reason for the stay.

(a) 30 days purely for tourist holidays (b) 60 days if staying with a relative or (c) 90 days if you own property and wish to subsequently apply for residency

• You will only be able to stay 90 days in each 180-day period.

• The completed residency permission will NOT be in your passport. If you make your application ONLINE your will be able to print your Residency document at the conclusion of the process. For NON-ONLINE applications it will be a separate paper document.

• The ONLINE process will not necessitate a trip to the Immigration Offices in Lefkosa, the NON-ONLINE process will remain as it currently is.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE PREVIOUS ‘PAPER’ SYSTEM WAS DIFFERENT IF YOU WERE OVER 60 YEARS OF AGE. THIS IS NO LONGER THE CASE AND REVERTS TO THE ORIGINAL SYSTEM STARTING AT THE POLICE STATION. PLEASE REFER TO THE WEBSITE FOR THIS INFORMATION.

• The Government has come under intense pressure from all Communities regarding the ‘upper age’ at which you do not need to renew residency, and we are hoping to be able to get this reviewed as we did for the Blood Test.

• Members who currently have Residency will not be required to register on the NEW system until the current document expires.

In relation to our members who are ‘swallows’ we would advise that you apply for Residency through the online system. It will then allow you unfettered access for the period of that residency.
We have been assured that the Immigration Officers and Police have been informed to be lenient during the transition period and we have seen a document which confirms this fact.
The situation regarding UK citizens who have resided here for many years was also discussed and we were advised that the ‘Permanent Residency’ rules were also under review to make this easier to obtain.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 139 of 182 in Discussion

Post by erol »

pipie wrote:If the uk government tried all this bullshit with visiting TC’s there would be cries of racism from every corner but when the TC government does it nobody says a bloody word.
Not sure what you mean by 'all this bullshit' ? Do you mean if the UK tried to insist that third party (non eu for now) nationals over the age of 60 had to have valid visas to enter and reside in the UK as long as they liked ? If they insisted that third party nationals who owned property in the UK and could show income equal to minimum wage in UK still need a visa to reside in the UK ? If they insisted that third party nationals who rented a property in the UK and could show income equal to 3 times minimum wage in UK still needed a visa to reside in the UK ? If they insisted that third party nationals who had entered the UK on a short stay tourist visa could not just keep 'renewing' such a visa indefinitely by popping over the channel tunnel for the day every 90 days and thus avoid having to get longer term visas whilst still residing in the UK ?

Are these the kind of 'bullshit' things you think if the UK were to introduce, there would be cries of racism from every corner ? If these are the kind of things you consider 'bullshit' and I have not misunderstood you then I would have to point out the UK already does all of these things and has done for all of my lifetime (around 50 years) afaik.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 140 of 182 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Para 3 of the latest BRS information contains incorrect figures regarding income and savings. Suggest readers do their own calculations but there is no way that 3 times the current minimum wage of 3400TL is 9450TL. I assume the cumulative figures given have been based on the previous minimum wage which was changed in August! Have tried to contact BRS over these anomalies without success!

Could anyone on the Facebook group ask the lawyer for the ministry if statements from a UK bank are acceptable please as I still can’t seem to get my Facebook up and running! Thank you!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 141 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Done that Waddo. If there is a reply I will post it here.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 142 of 182 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Chriswright03, Many thanks. I think I have setup my computer security to stop Facebook and buried the code somewhere - that's the problem when you get old, you tend to forget things that have always been natural - now I wonder where I put my other sock - lol

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 143 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

waddo wrote:Chriswright03, Many thanks. I think I have setup my computer security to stop Facebook and buried the code somewhere - that's the problem when you get old, you tend to forget things that have always been natural - now I wonder where I put my other sock - lol
It's on yer foot!

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 144 of 182 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

erol wrote:
pipie wrote:If the uk government tried all this bullshit with visiting TC’s there would be cries of racism from every corner but when the TC government does it nobody says a bloody word.
Not sure what you mean by 'all this bullshit' ? Do you mean if the UK tried to insist that third party (non eu for now) nationals over the age of 60 had to have valid visas to enter and reside in the UK as long as they liked ? If they insisted that third party nationals who owned property in the UK and could show income equal to minimum wage in UK still need a visa to reside in the UK ? If they insisted that third party nationals who rented a property in the UK and could show income equal to 3 times minimum wage in UK still needed a visa to reside in the UK ? If they insisted that third party nationals who had entered the UK on a short stay tourist visa could not just keep 'renewing' such a visa indefinitely by popping over the channel tunnel for the day every 90 days and thus avoid having to get longer term visas whilst still residing in the UK ?

Are these the kind of 'bullshit' things you think if the UK were to introduce, there would be cries of racism from every corner ? If these are the kind of things you consider 'bullshit' and I have not misunderstood you then I would have to point out the UK already does all of these things and has done for all of my lifetime (around 50 years) afaik.

Erol and Chris Wright post this on the facebook page for an answer
As a swallow I was hoping they would copy the Turkey visa and just put the TRNC label on the Turkish visa site for swallows

Yes it would cost money for a 90 day visa but not the time doing a residency and the unknown on entry into the TRNC

If I want to do 30+ days say 34 for flights at a price/time I'll need to show property details on landing

I don't want to carry property details into the south as a maximum 7 year holiday in their jails is on offer

Quote on the BRS post from TRNC government representative they were not aware of GC attitude to property in the North

The last last five years I've done on average 76 days this year will be 89 days all in 365 days not 180

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 145 of 182 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Found it! Tricky devils these socks - lol.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 146 of 182 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

KC, what you should be asking Waddo is, do the colours match and are they the right side out? That's the tricky bit.

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 147 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

God be with the days when you turned your socks inside out so you could get an extra wear out of them before washing. (Ex-services people - or in this case it’s probably true, if not PC, to say service MEN, would perhaps recognise this little wheeze!)

Not very hygienic admittedly, but better than doing it with your drawers, cellular (aka drawers, drac(ula))

Completely and utterly for which mea maxima culpa

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 148 of 182 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

waddo wrote:Chriswright03, Many thanks. I think I have setup my computer security to stop Facebook and buried the code somewhere - that's the problem when you get old, you tend to forget things that have always been natural - now I wonder where I put my other sock - lol
FB reply Waddo.
Janet Iris Melling Emma-jane Moor the government lawyer has also confirmed its 3 x minimum wage.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 149 of 182 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

ChrisWright, Thank you but I asked if UK bank statements were acceptable? I was sure it was 3 times minimum wage (income) for renters OR 12 times 3 times minimum wage as savings already but it’s good to have more confirmation.

As all our pensions are Government and taxed at source it would be another financial hit to have to transfer money from UK bank into TRNC bank as well, just to prove an already provable income/savings as has been accepted for the past 12 years we have had residency.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 150 of 182 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

waddo I know its not confirmation of the current situation, but UK statements have always been acceptable has evidence of funds and I've seen nothing doing the rounds that have stated this is no longer the case.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”