General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Southern belle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Jet2 luggage help

•   Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Southern belle »

Hi, travelling over with Jet2 at the end of this month and bringing Grandchildren’s xmas presents. However some of the boxes are quite large and would take up all the room in the suitcase although weigh hardly anything. Does anyone know if I pack the toys together as a parcel would be allowed to take them as well as the suitcase as long as the combined wait doesn’t exceed the 22 kg allowance. I’ve tried phoning them to find out but can’t get through to speak to an advisor. Thanks for any help.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Jet2 luggage help

•   Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

You can take up to three 22kg checked-in bags per person
Making a total of 66kg, that’ll be more than enough for everything!

https://www.jet2.com/travel-essentials/baggage/

https://www.jet2.com/faqs?topic=baggage ... size-items
We are happy to carry sports equipment and musical instruments, providing there’s space available on the aircraft. Please ensure you have comprehensive insurance in place for these items, as an airline's liability is limited.

If you are planning to travel with outsize baggage, please allow extra time for the check-in process. Please also note that freight or cargo items cannot be accepted as passenger baggage.

Sports Equipment
Here's a guide to the allowances and restrictions for the most common items of sports equipment. Please contact our Call Centre for more information on these and other items, as well as to pre-book your sports equipment.
Last edited by kerry 6138 on Fri 18 Oct 2019 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Southern belle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Southern belle »

Hi, yes I am aware that I can take 3 x 22kg bags if required but would not need that amount weight wise. It’s the fact some of the boxes are an awkward size to fit in the suitcase. I’m hoping that if my case weighs say 17 kilo and the package 5 kilo combining weight 22kg it would be ok to do it this way.

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

Sorry have no experience of Jet2 but in case you cannot get an answer can say that it has never been a problem with Pegasus who are very strict with luggage rules at Stansted.
I have used those big plastic storage boxes they are cheap & very lightweight for packing bulky items, once checked in you take them to the special luggage belt where they are scanned & taken.

Southern belle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Southern belle »

Thanks, when the kids were younger we used to take parasols, fold up chairs, cool box etc and put them in the hold as bulky luggage but now the airlines are much more strict with baggage allowance. I know Turkish airlines and Pegasus must be quite open minded by the amount of passengers with their large bags of bedding they take on board lol. Have managed to take some of the things out of the boxes and folded boxes up which we will then put back together when we arrive and will probably just chance taking the rest and see what happens at check in. Thanks for the replies

Johnny Lee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Johnny Lee »

Never used Jet 2 before, but we are due to fly with them, Can anyone confirm please can you book just one way extra baggage IE, return trip because from the look of the Ts & Cs it looks like you pay for both ways extra,

Thank You.

war horse
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

Post by war horse »

We had to phone customer service direct to this as they dont seen to let you do this online

Southern belle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Southern belle »

It seems that most airlines including Jet2 don’t cater for people who own property/visit family abroad. I always take more luggage going over to Cyprus than returning to the UK, but it doesn’t allow you to reduce the baggage allowance on the return journey therefore have to book both flights separately. A couple of weeks ago I checked the prices of flights for the end of this month returning in November, in the time I had booked the flight going over to Cyprus with 2 cases and trying to book return with 1 case, the flight went up £60. Obviously it was due to the Thomas Cook collapse but if I had been able to book only 1 case on return It would have been £60 less.

karakumc5
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

Post by karakumc5 »

We have been using Jet2 several times a year for years you CAN book luggage one way no problem online

steveodp
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

Post by steveodp »

As others have said, the online system will automatically add luggage to both journeys, but if you call them to add the luggage to an existing booking, it can be done for a single journey (and you can clarify any queries about size, weight etc.).

Johnny Lee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Johnny Lee »

Thank You for your replies we will look into it further but our view of it online is you pay both ways even for excess baggage one way, so we will try to call them .

Panchocat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Panchocat »

I recently added a case for the return flight. You can do this easily on line once the first flight has been taken. You just had to print off a new boarding card.

justsayin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

Post by justsayin »

Yes most airlines allow you to take extra luggage but please be aware that there is usually a cost. It can be expensive. Could a family member/friend contact jet2 in the U.K. and ask for you? Any travel agent certainly in U.K. and probably here could assist.

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Hedge-fund »

Southern belle wrote:It seems that most airlines including Jet2 don’t cater for people who own property/visit family abroad. I always take more luggage going over to Cyprus than returning to the UK, but it doesn’t allow you to reduce the baggage allowance on the return journey therefore have to book both flights separately. A couple of weeks ago I checked the prices of flights for the end of this month returning in November, in the time I had booked the flight going over to Cyprus with 2 cases and trying to book return with 1 case, the flight went up £60. Obviously it was due to the Thomas Cook collapse but if I had been able to book only 1 case on return It would have been £60 less.
I would advise anyone to book two separate one ways rather than a return.

This gives greater flexibility both in terms if the first leg has to be cancelled and in situations like this.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”