General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

SussexBoy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Tourist Visas

•   Message 1 of 16 in Discussion

Post by SussexBoy »

While, quite understandably, discussion on the Forums has centred around residency visas and issues, I wonder whether anyone would be able to clarify the situation about tourist visas from 23 October. I have spoken to both the TRNC tourist office AND the adjoining consulate in London and they have been told nothing at all. Indeed, they were unaware that the white slips had been discontinued years ago and thought that they were still in place.

So, have tourist visas been reduced from 90 days to 30 days? Will passports now be stamped with entry and exit visas ( great if coming via Larnaca! )? Will there be a charge? How long before you are able to enter the TRNC again after exiting on a tourist visa?

Sorry for all the questions but I know that there are a number of other Forum members who would be interested in knowing the answers.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Tourist Visas

•   Message 2 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Although the white Visa slips are no longer used at Metehan, I think that they are still used at Ercan.

I can see no reason why you cannot request a stamp on a slip of paper / Visa form, rather than in your actual passport.

As for the other questions, I think that you may have to wait for the situation to become clearer - sorry!

jimm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 16 in Discussion

Post by jimm »

Have not seen the white slips at Ercan for years

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 16 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

jimm wrote:Have not seen the white slips at Ercan for years
I had to fill one in last year even with a continuous residency stamp.

Terri299
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Terri299 »

We were stamped in & out when we came. We left on Saturday through Ercan. We did go across with friends when we were here but only logged on the computer when going via Metahan

SussexBoy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 16 in Discussion

Post by SussexBoy »

The last time I completed a white slip coming through Beyarmudu or Metahan was in 2015.

SussexBoy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 16 in Discussion

Post by SussexBoy »

http://www.t-vine.com/north-cyprus-pm-l ... nto-force/

So, it seems from the above article that the following will apply to tourists from tomorrow:
Under the tighter regime tourists, including those from Turkey, the UK and EU countries, will not be allowed to stay for more than 90 days in the TRNC in a 180-day period, although trips lasting less than 48 hours will be disregarded.
Visitors from EU countries and non-EU countries where there are TRNC embassies and representative offices will now have to have at least two months’ validity on their passports.
Citizens of other states will need to have at least six months remaining on their passports to be allowed in. Passports will be stamped with the purpose of the visit.
I conclude all passports for tourists will now be stamped.

Might have to investigate getting a second UK passport !

Would appreciate getting feedback over the next week from people who have crossed the border on a tourist visa/stamp.

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 16 in Discussion

Post by frugal90 »

Think I will be asking for a bit of paper to be stamped. Surely that must be possible? If not I hope the British residents group ask for it.

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

At ledra street border crossing now... never seen queues like it.

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 16 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

Trigger wrote:At ledra street border crossing now... never seen queues like it.
In which direction please ?

SussexBoy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 16 in Discussion

Post by SussexBoy »

Frugal90 - While it would be nice to think that paper slips could be used, I don't see how this could work under the new regulations. The authorities will need evidence that stays in the TRNC have not exceeded 90 in a 180 period. Surely, unless there is a sophisticated computer system, the only way to do it is to add together the stay lengths recorded from the entry and exit stamps in passports.

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 16 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

We have temporary residency anyway, but I always take my slip of paper when flying from Ercan, because I don't want my passport to be filled up with stamps, as I come and go fairly regularly. With regard to evidence, it has always been my understanding that it is recorded on computer anyway. When we originally applied for temp res 10 years ago, we had to go to police station for a copy of ins and outs which is a print out showing you coming in and going out, but, I don't know what would happen if you arrived to Ercan but left from Larnaca, I imagine that it is logged at the border crossing that you have left TRNC, but I really don't know the answer to that one. I often pick up a supply of the white slips from the passport control at Ercan so I can carry on using them.

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Hector »

Even under the old scheme with paper slips every entry in and out was recorded on the police computer. When needed you can go to the police station to get a print out of you 'ins & outs'.

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

13roman58 wrote:
Trigger wrote:At ledra street border crossing now... never seen queues like it.
In which direction please ?
Was going to the south at the time of posting, but very busy coming back north also.

No stamp in the passport either way.

SussexBoy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 16 in Discussion

Post by SussexBoy »

The lawyer from the Ministry of the Interior has answered my questions about the 30 day tourist visas on the "North Cyprus Expats Group" Facebook Page.
No stamp on your passport, if you wish so.
Paper slip is used in the sea ports and the airport. No papers in the crossing borders to the south.

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

Just put this here for information....http://www.t-vine.com/ministers-warning ... th-cyprus/
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”