General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

lee666
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Sad Day for Manchester

•   Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Post by lee666 »

Extremely sad news & scenes coming out of Manchester following an explosion at Manchester Arena.

19 reported dead and 60 injured.

Thoughts go out to family, friends and emergency services.
"The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones."

elizabeth
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Sad Day for Manchester

•   Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Post by elizabeth »

Heartbreaking news, where will it all end. Our thoughts are with all the victims of this cowardly attack.

SourBrandy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Post by SourBrandy »

Truly heartbreaking. What I found as bad was that ISIS have been reported as celebrating the bombing. The news reports have been harrowing. Thoughts with all those affected and concerned.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

Reminds me of the IRA bombing campaign of the 60s - 08s in the UK, NI and Europe. ISIS is yet another organisation offering murderous, terrorist acts as a weapon of choice. Acts such as Manchester, as heinous as it is, has been experienced in countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. The list is endless.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

I believe that ISIS want a total war between Western Society and all Muslims, which they hope will result in the destruction of our way of life. They hate the fact that many Muslims have adopted Western values, and enjoy living in our midst, which they see as diluting the fundamentalist creed that ISIS promotes.

By performing atrocities such as this, they hope to swing Western public opinion against all Muslims, and provoke retaliation against Mosques and perfectly innocent, peaceful Muslims and Muslim-owned businesses, which they hope will, in turn, lead to disaffection amongst a section of (possibly mainly young) Muslims, and make them easy targets for IS recruiters.

We must not let this happen.

Our best defence against this sort of terror campaign is to support the vast majority of peaceful Muslims, and help them to root out the extemists before they get a chance to commit further acts of terror.

turtle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Post by turtle »

Keith, I share your sentiments however it's time for muslims globally to rise up and drive this cancer out of society, without this it will only get worse.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

turtle wrote:Keith, I share your sentiments however it's time for muslims globally to rise up and drive this cancer out of society, without this it will only get worse.
Let`s hope that they listen to Mr Trump!

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

I, like many people, would feel safer if more Muslims around the world were to condemn what is happening, but in most cases there is a deafening silence. There are token protestations from the intelligencia in their faith, with Imams decrying the violence and denying there is any Radicalisation taking place in their Mosques but I would believe it if tens of thousands of Muslims hit social media and were seen marching against these maniacs, also in their thousands. Can't see if happening though. None of this will help the dead and possibly dying in Manchester will it?

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

sophie wrote:I, like many people, would feel safer if more Muslims around the world were to condemn what is happening, but in most cases there is a deafening silence. There are token protestations from the intelligencia in their faith, with Imams decrying the violence and denying there is any Radicalisation taking place in their Mosques but I would believe it if tens of thousands of Muslims hit social media and were seen marching against these maniacs, also in their thousands. Can't see if happening though. None of this will help the dead and possibly dying in Manchester will it?
In no way to condone the despicable act in Manchester and other such occurrences throughout the world. Nothing can justify the taking of innocent life.

But perhaps if "Christians" or rather Western Societies had in their tens of thousands marched against the several wars in, for example, Iraq, Afghanistan and now Syria, and had welcomed with open arms those driven from their homes by such wars then perhaps Daesh would not have so much success in radicalising the tiny minority of Muslims that they do.

Just a thought.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”