General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

bluedream
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Clothes shops

•   Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

Post by bluedream »

Can any ladies recommend any good trendy clothes shops?? Go to kotton, though find the quality is not that good. Also the shop next dor in kyrenia. Any recommendations?

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Clothes shops

•   Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

I bought a couple of things in a shop in the new precinct opposite HSBC bank it is at the top if you walk in the right hand side. Also Polo Garage near Gloria Jeans. However if you are after quality they are not that great on a par with Zara really.
Saying that most things you buy in UK are either made in China or Turkey anyway even the more expensive brands.
Many UK retailers deliver to the South no problem & you can have stuff from John Lewis sent to a depot for collection if you do not have an address over there.

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

Gypsy, a great shop in Alsancak. Coming from Girne just before Golden Lady, set back few feet.

elizabeth
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

Post by elizabeth »

rocking wrote:Gypsy, a great shop in Alsancak. Coming from Girne just before Golden Lady, set back few feet.
I've seen that shop and some of the stuff in the window looks really nice, " buyuk beden " by any chance

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Have to admit the clothes look good in a lot of shops, but never bought a thing here in 11 years (other than charity shops where I can look for good brands) The quality of manufacture in most of the makes here is not good, rarely is anything lined (unless you go to a decent tailor) and I would rather do without or get people to bring something over of good quality from John Lewis or buy similar down south from Debenhams.

lee666
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

Post by lee666 »

Hi Sophie

Where are the charity shops please??
"The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones."

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

1 behind the post office in Kyrenia 1 down the telecoms office road just past the fire station 1 at the side of the hospital.

Lovelife
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Lovelife »

There is GladRags in Karakum, I've bought some good clothes there, Per Una, Debenhams (John Rocha), Next.

Smiler
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Smiler »

Terranova next to Gloria Jeans in Girne is good - trendy and reasonably priced. Most of the clothes don't last long out here anyway because of the hard water and the sun so I tend to buy cheap and replace every year!

lee666
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

Post by lee666 »

Thanks for the above posts, really appreciated.

gilly123
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

Post by gilly123 »

Tulips charity shop. Alsancak next to the DVD shop, same row as deli cafe and exchange. Only just moved so please bear with us as still sorting the summer stock out. 10 till 4 EVERY day.

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

On same subject, I find that I am sometimes XOS - ie huge - normal size in UK sizing but here - well, can give one a complex!!

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

lee666 the answer then is, don't shop where they cater for stick insects. I am size 12 and when I was a size 14 was treated with scorn. Not better treatment now I'm a size down, hence never bought a thing all these years later. In Gladrags, I've bought Per Una, Maine, Next, John Rocha, classic but perfect St Michael (how old is that??) Zara, plus many others. You might not find exactly what you want on the day, but the ladies will be only too please to go back into the stock and ironing room and see if they can find what you want. Go on, give it a go and for 60tl for a gorgeous "Mother of the Bride" dress and coat, you can't go wrong. Some things still have the labels on. Have bought two lovely swimming costumes which have never ever been tried on I suspect. One was a Triumph and retail must have been in the region of 60GBP.

lee666
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Post by lee666 »

Thanks for that Sophie, is Gladrags on the main road through Karakum ??

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

lee666, Have pm'd you.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”