General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

child car seat

•   Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Not being a parent it never crossed my mind there could be insurance issues with hiring a child's car seat.

Does anyone know a company which does? Or even a shop where it will be easy for me to find out purchase price,
anyone selling one? I must admit I know nothing about baby's weight or size.

My customer has their own car and is returning to the island from the middle of June for 2 weeks with her immediate family for the first time as a widow

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: child car seat

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

Don't know the rules now in TRNC but here's a link for information regarding baby weights etc. that we have to abide by in UK for child car seats.

https://www.gov.uk/child-car-seats-the- ... oster-seat
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

I thought it was obligatory to make your child stand on the central area between the two front seats so that they can be catapulted out of danger through the front windscreen in the event of any head-on collision....

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Thank you for your help, I was only wondering what others do when the baby comes for a fortnight holiday and may never return again or be at least a few feet taller. my normal baby hire has reported they stopped hiring due to insurance worries and I know some car hire do with the car but as she has her own car I doubt that will help her.

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

snd1966 wrote:Not being a parent it never crossed my mind there could be insurance issues with hiring a child's car seat.

Does anyone know a company which does? Or even a shop where it will be easy for me to find out purchase price,
anyone selling one? I must admit I know nothing about baby's weight or size.

My customer has their own car and is returning to the island from the middle of June for 2 weeks with her immediate family for the first time as a widow

snd1966..... Just curious...where is it said now that you have to have insurance to cover a baby in a baby seat. Is the company that is not hiring out worried due to the baby seats not fitting properly or they don't have the right fixings. I've looked at Car Hire Companys and none of those I've looked at say anything about Insurance for a baby seat. They just say if they have them, to order them.

However, I would not want to put my granddaughter in a child seat that was not suitable or the car did not have the right fixings.
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

[quote="snd1966..... Just curious...where is it said now that you have to have insurance to cover a baby in a baby seat. Is the company that is not hiring out worried due to the baby seats not fitting properly or they don't have the right fixings. I've looked at Car Hire Companys and none of those I've looked at say anything about Insurance for a baby seat. They just say if they have them, to order them.

However, I would not want to put my granddaughter in a child seat that was not suitable or the car did not have the right fixings.[/quote]

I never mentioned I needed insurance but I can not seem to rent a car seat due to insurance issues. The baby will only be on the island for 2 weeks therefore to me a non parent it is rather expensive to buy something that will probably be too small for his next visit therefore before I inform my customer I was just checking if there is another company that rents out car seats. the company I normally use has stated we no longer hire Car Seats (these were phased out about 4 years ago due to insurance implications).

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Can your customer bring a car seat out with her? Presumably the baby/child already has a car seat at home. Most airlines allow a car seat, free of charge, for babies and young children, either to be used on the plane, or put in hold luggage. Might be an idea for your customer to check with their airline.

Depending on frequency of visits and if the child is 9 months or over, buying a 1-2-3 car seat which does from 9 months to 11 years, might be one solution, and leave it here if your customer has a property.
E.g.
http://www.kiddicare.com/f/Kiddicare_Ca ... _Years.htm

My family did this, as reluctant to hire a child car seat that may have been involved in an accident, and you have no way of knowing. Advice in the UK (and no doubt elsewhere), is to replace a child car seat after being involved in an accident, even although the seat appears undamaged. This may be why the car hire company are not supplying car seats any more.

I vaguely remember seeing child car seats in a large store here, (I have a feeling it was Stormax in Karaoglanoglu), a few years ago, before family decided to bring one over. Also saw them in Jumbo down south side.

bigbadbob
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by bigbadbob »

We have TWO Baby car seats for sale in our charity shop Heartbeat each one for a different weight and size of baby .
I sold the one in our other shop The Hut about 3 weeks ago.
Heartbeat is just off the main road by the side of the hospital in Girne and it is open on Monday,Tuesday, Thursday and Friday mornings.
Hope we can help you!

BBB other half.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Thank you again, I have passed on the information to my customer and her brother in law who is coming out next week. Fingers crossed the seats don't sell too quickly now its general knowledge if they decide to go down this route.

As I said in my first post I was asked about hire and trying to help as she will have a lot on her mind as she enters down the road of probate.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

Kar hire baby equipment .

mermaidsexist
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by mermaidsexist »

Ibo Taxi rent all baby items you can imagine, I've just seen a flyer.

ibotaxi 0533 8656305 ozynorthcyprustaxi.com

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”