What is the correct TRNC address for DHL Deliveries.

General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

What is the correct TRNC address for DHL Deliveries.

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

A few years ago I had a telephone call from a very confused young man with DHL in Istanbul who had a parcel for me but wanted to know where Ozankoy and Merson 10 were! After that I have suggested to senders that they put ("KKTC" )after Mersin 10, in the hope that anyone ill intentioned would not speak Turkish!!!! , as well as putting my mobile phone number with the address.

However I have just noticed that a recent delivery by DHL by my Bank had, after my name, house number, street, village and post code (all correct)

"Mersin 10,
TRNC
99300 Girne North Cyprus
TR Turkey"

(the italics are mine!)

I cant remember giving them the address, but I certainly would have advised them not to use "Cyprus". I know they have other customers here, so maybe they had it registered from someone else. Does anyone know what the correct address for DHL parcels to here and have any advice on the matter?

The fact that a DHL parcel with the C word got here safely does rather suggest that the theory that delays in our mail may at least in part be due to political vandalism in Royal Mail

TRNCVaughan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: What is the correct TRNC address for DHL Deliveries.

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by TRNCVaughan »

I have access to a po box in South Nic, but would have parcels sent here, given the choice. Perhaps anyone passing cafe boss might ask for their address.

muffin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by muffin »

Would suggest you contact what used to be Cafe Boss, now the Food Lodge, for the correct address format, as they are agents for DHL and will have the format to hand.

lilnrob
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by lilnrob »

this was the address for cafe boss - presume you now put Food Lodge - I know this was the address I used for my passport back in March - hope this helps.

1 Agustos Sok
Arif Kale Apt 2
Dukkan 2B
Girne.
Turkey 99300

Lil

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

Thank you for your replies - unfortunately not all of us are able to get to the South.

However I obviously did not make my enquiry clear. I wanted to know where the Bank got the address from and whether it was safe to use, as I have always been advised NOTCyprus or TRNC put on incoming post. Getting the delivery I referred to safely made me wonder whether this rule only applied to Royal Mail deliveries and someone else knew better with regard to courier services before I contact my bank and advise them they are using an unsafe address.

I am surprised that Lil was able to use Cafe BOs as a return address. When I renewed my passport 2 years ago, the Passport Office sent tne passports to the British Consul in Shakespeare Avenue Lefkosa and they had to be collected from there. More recently on another matter I was told that Cafe Bos only arranged despatch of parcels and was not a delivery address.

Perhaps ALL the rules have changed while I was not looking!!!!!!!!!

Shell232
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Shell232 »

Hi

British Consulate will not have any dealings with passport renewals anymore.

I have just had my sons passport delivered to my home address in Zeytinlik via DHL. I put Address as Turkey, .mersin 10, 99320.

They guy delivering it here phoned to check exactly where we were on the day of delivery. on the tracking online it went via Istanbul to North Cyprus. I did not put cyprus in the address.

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

Thanks for the info Shell and update on passport. I wonder what exactly we pay our UK tax for

Mm on second thoughts, no one answer that!

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”