General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

mickyron
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Postal service

•   Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Post by mickyron »

Is it just Karsiyaka or are there problems with the post everywhere on the north of the island.
We have been waiting for about 5 weeks for post posted in England and we are trying the office
in the village and post box. I know there was a problem a while back but we thaught that it had been sorted.
Anyone have any else having the same problem.

TRNCVaughan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Postal service

•   Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Post by TRNCVaughan »

If you want regular mail quickly, get a PO box on the Greek side.

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

Don't be so sure, the Greek side is better!! I've heard a few stories about delayed post from there!!!

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

We have had a po box in the South for over two years, nothing delayed and every single letter parcel has arrived, best thing we ever did!

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

Postal service in the TRNC is a joke. Get a RoC PO Box. I've never heard of any complaints of the service there.

surfmeetseast
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Post by surfmeetseast »

We have a PO box at Lapta, and everything has arrived fine. The PO staff cannot speak a lot of English, but I am fairly proficient in Turkish now so no probs.
Fekked if I am going to the boring South every time I want to get a letter, life too short

surfmeetseast
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Post by surfmeetseast »

Bllx again tom

Muad_dib
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Muad_dib »

The postman in Lapta used to deliver our post but had nothing for weeks now.Wifes birthday tomorrow and not one card,usually a couple get through.We know one was posted 18th April.

White Lily
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Post by White Lily »

Posted a letter on the Greek side in a post box on Saturday, 16th May in the evening near the Coca Cola factory - it was received in UK on Thursday morning (4 days delivery excluding Sunday when they don't work).

Heaven
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Heaven »

Please get in touch with David Brown at BRS as he told me after Christmas fiasco that this would be sorted and so far as I and my sister are concerned we are still either receiving extremely late mail or never arrives. we have PO box which we walk to over Ledra crossing and everything we post arrives and everything posted to us arrives on time.

Catlover
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Catlover »

I sent a package to the UK on Monday 11th via the Girne Post Office. I had an email yesterday to say it had arrived safely in the UK.
Instead of spending a fortune on post sending cards, why not encourage family and friends to use e-cards, like Jacquie Lawson (http://www.jacquielawson.com). They have a super collection of cards for all occasions. Saves on postage, cost of paper cards and the worry if it will arrive on time.

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

Received letter yesterday, posted in UK 3 and a half weeks ago, that is fast for post to Ozankoy!!!!

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

As the letters are stamped at Lefkosa, before they are sent to Magusa, stamped again and then go to Dipkarpaz and stamped again, I can follow their progress. It usually takes 7-10 days to Lefkosa, usually 3 days to Magusa, 4-6 days to Dipkarpaz and 1-3 days to our house> In the 5 years we have lived here, only one letter got lost.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”