Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Chrispyb
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Pilot Training

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Chrispyb »

Hi to all
Some time back there was a post regarding setting up a club for training and helping those that would be interested in obtaining there pilots license in the TRNC
Q, Has there been any progress and how can I contact those in charge.
Thanks

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Pilot Training

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

Why not PM BigOz as it's his area of expertise and he was the one starting such threads...

bigOz
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by bigOz »

We had registered our Cyprus General Aviation Association since December 2014 and have been very busy doing the ground work for pilot training (plus other aviation activities).

1. We had meetings with the Turkish Aviation Ministry in Ankara during December - they confirmed they will issue Turkish Licences for our training activities in Cyprus, providing our training process meets the criteria.

2. We met with the president and vice president of the Flight Academy belonging to Turkish Aviation Association in Eti Mesgut Airfield (biggest Private airfield, with the only Aviation University in Turkey. They agreed to support and help us with our flight training activities in North Cyprus. we axpect to sign a protocol during the next couple of months.

3. We had been messed around by Mr Serdar Denktas' under secreatry Hüda Hüdaverdi, who promised us help but was in fact trying to extract information about our activities and pass them on to GAU who were also trying to start flight training in Cyprus (where he was a senior lecturer in the past and was more interested in "backhander" deals rather than help a civilian organisation).

4. As a result of the above, our activities for more than 5 months fell on deaf ears until we found out what was going on behind scenes from very good official sources and realised what Hüda Hüdaverdi was playing at. We planned a different road map after our first General Assembly on 26 February 2015. We decided to join the National Aviation Federation and started to hold meetings with the Head of the TRNC Civil Aviation Authority and the Head of the relevant Ministry of Sport Department who have been very helpful.

5. We are now at the final stages of becoming a full member and moving to Geçitkale Airport with a view to start our flying activities this Summer. Working with the National Map Office, Government IT and Comms Office, The Military officials and The TRNC CAA, I manged to create a VFR Aviation Map - Scale 1:250000 for the whole of TRNC showing airfields, all danger & restricted areas, high obstacles such as antennae 400 ft a.g.l., Ercan Control and Terminal Maneuvering areas, the borders etc. In fact I am applying for the Copy Rights of this map today.

6. We hope to carry out the necessary repairs and maintenance of the 2 light aircraft stationed in Geçitkale, plus another one we intend to fly from UK sometime next month (I hope to pilot the aircraft to Cyprus with another Cypriot friend who is also a flight instructor in UK).

7. We held a very friendly and warm meeting with the heads of the Greek Cypriot Aviation Federation and associated clubs last Tuesday in Lefkoşa and agreed to work together for joint activities / shows in future. We also decided to make an application to UN for joint use of the disused Nicosia International Airport in near future.

So hopefully we expect to start our activities by the end of next month but the actual flight training may not for another couple of months or more, until the necessary runway, hangar & maintenance, staffing and flight school building inspections are carried out by the Turkish and TRNC CAA for a final approval and licencing purposes.

The activities will include Paracahute jumping, Micro light training, Remote control aircraft and Anyone wishing to follow our activities, videos, news and posts related Aviation, can do so by visiting our Face Book page:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KibrisHavacilik/
You can also become a member to our page if you wish to do so and keep informed of all future developments.

Chrispyb
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Chrispyb »

Hi bigOz.
Congratulations on your efforts so far well done, I have been in aviation for the last 40 years on the maintenance side and will be retiring shortly if I can help PM me and we can have a chat

bigOz
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by bigOz »

Chrispyb wrote:Hi bigOz.
Congratulations on your efforts so far well done, I have been in aviation for the last 40 years on the maintenance side and will be retiring shortly if I can help PM me and we can have a chat
Thank you Chrispyb, I am sure there is a lot you can help us with. I will be sending you a PM later on

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”