General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

torontomapleleaf
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Chemist's

•   Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Post by torontomapleleaf »

A friend needed to get a prescription today but what with the Bayram he says he couldn't find any open between Lapta and Girne, he also reckons that the five chemists he went to all had notices saying they were not open again until the 28th.

Surely he's mistaken?
The Mountie always gets his man

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Chemist's

•   Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

The one next to Universal bank Catalkoy was open.

judyvin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Post by judyvin »

I too was looking for a chemist and tried 15 between Karsiyaka and Catalkoy and couldn't find a single one open.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Bear in mind that Cyprus Today publishes the Rota for Duty Chemists each week! - There is also, apparently, a Turkcell Text service which gives you the names addresses and telephone numbers of on-duty chemists: -

From a Turkcell iphone, write ECZANE or ECZ then a space, then the first three letters of the region (i.e. LEF, MAG, GIR, or GÜZ) and text to 8780

I think that you probably need to practice with it before you actually need it - if anyone manages to get it to work, do let me know!

squashmad
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Post by squashmad »

A bayram over here is a public holiday and chemists are closed just as they are in UK.

If your friend looked in the window there would have been a list of duty chemists for each area of the TRNC if however there was not a list then look on your computer.

I did a simple look this morning and went straight into Kibris Gazetesi (and I speak no Turkish what so ever!), put Eczane in their search bar and hey presto look what happened:

http://www.kibrisgazetesi.com

Not only does it list the chemists on duty but their phone number and where you can find them, it also would have saved your friend from going to 5 different chemists to find them closed on a public holiday.

torontomapleleaf
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Post by torontomapleleaf »

Thanks for that people but the main question was "is he mistaken about the chemists being closed till the 28th?"

I'm off now to find out.
The Mountie always gets his man

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

My local one is open

JBA
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Post by JBA »

Aydin Pharmacy on the Lapta/Alsancak border, which would be the first a person would reach heading from Lapta to Girne, is indeed closed until 28th as it is being re-furbished - it sports a notice to that effect. But why every other pharmacy would be the same I cannot understand as the next one along towards Girne was certainly open today.

Kanonier
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Kanonier »

Updated monthly:-

cyprusscene.com/2015/04/30/chemist-rota-may-2015-north-cyprus/

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”