General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

helendj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Optician?

•   Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Post by helendj »

Could anyone recommend a good optician please. I use the one opposite Lemar at Karakum, but they're closed for refurbishment. I'm assuming from last time that I would have to have another eye test as the original optician has my paperwork - is there any company that does both? ie negating the need to have a separate test and then go to an optician for the glasses.
Thanks for any advice given

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Optician?

•   Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

Yes it would be nice to have a "one stop" for specs but as far as I know there are none in N. Cyprus, certainly not in Girne. In fact with Canada Optics (the one opposite Lemar) currently closed I am told Akay Optics is the only place in Girne that sells frames and provides lenses. They have a good reputation but they send to Lefkosa to have the lenses made, and this month they took three weeks after having promised to let me have the specs in one week!!!!!

I recommend Dr. Hatice of Cyprus Eye Clinic, (815 9799) for the eye test: speaks excellent English and was very kind and careful doing an op for me and scrupulous hygiene. However, others think differently and if you put "opticians" in the search box here you will find a long discussion on the subject of opticians and other suggestions.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

Probably a good reason that one stop shops aren't the norm here for medical advice and prescription filling.. if the optician sells glasses are they (statistically) not more likely to recommend new expensive ones?

Best to keep the two separate I think...

In Lefkosa Dr Mustafa Guvenir is right behind Akay Optics who do the lenses (which is opposite the State Hospital) and he is tops.

helendj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Post by helendj »

Thank you both so much for your replies, always helpful!

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”