General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

White Lily
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Disco Fever at Lemar?

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by White Lily »

Went to the Karaoglanoglu branch of Lemar at Lunchtime and was almost deafened by the terrible Muzak in store.

I think background music is acceptable at a supermarket, and I've no problem with that, but this was really relentless pounding music at high volume and even the staff were complaining that it had been like that since the morning.

Needless to say I cut my shopping trip short because it was just too much! - no doubt other shoppers might be doing the same!

ttoli
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Disco Fever at Lemar?

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by ttoli »

Lemar at Karakum have for some time now been playing Hip Hop with rather 'adult content' lyrics
(Advertising Restricted)

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

I find it quite intrusive it is also happening on the tv sometimes you cannot here what is being said because of the front ground music! I have resorted to subtitles when available and I am not deaf.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

This is always happening at Karaoglanoglu. Lemar. About two weeks ago it was dreadfully with really obscene lyrics. I asked if it could be turned down and Butcher bloke, danced around saying that he liked it. I said I didn't and I doubted if many other people did either. He grudgingly went and did whatever and suddenly there was lovely music being played. However, I had a very long shopping list and when the bloke thought I had probably left the shop, it abruptly changed into the original. I'm sure it's not an age thing because I can't honestly believe anyone wants to listen to blindingly loud moronic obscenities regardless of age or gender. BTW, if you have any problems, there is now a really understanding lady working there called PELEN (as in Helen). Her English is virtually perfect and she wants to help.

White Lily
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by White Lily »

I think that the management need to look into this otherwise they will see that shoppers get fed up with having their ears blasted and go elsewhere to shop. After all, Tempo and other supermarkets aren't all that far away... Some of the staff were complaining, too. Imagine having to do an 8-hour shift under those circumstances.

Jonesy299
Verified Charity
Verified Charity

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Jonesy299 »

We don't have the same problem at the Karakum Lemar - in fact the music selection seems to chime with real life events. For example - when we had snow earlier this year the management entered into the spirit by playing snow-related Xmas songs (made me smile) and only a week or two ago they played Hot Chocolate songs clearly as a tribute to the late great Errol Brown.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”