General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Sandman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Greek Cypriots

•   Message 1 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Sandman »

Article in todays "I" in UK suggests the Greeks are yet again putting the boot in by suggesting that the Turkish Cypriots should not be allowed to produce Hellim( Halloumi) as EU inspectors are not able to gain access to TRNC to assure manufacturing procedures are adhered to !
How can anyone can hope to negotiate some sort of agreement with these cretins !!??

johnny1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Greek Cypriots

•   Message 2 of 20 in Discussion

Post by johnny1 »

those ******* greeks are really scum bags.....
they want it all

(Note this has been moderated for language, but the rest remains as the opinion of the writer. Moderator Marion)

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 20 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

Do you really mean the Greeks or are you referring to the RoC Government (Greek Cypriots)?

Belfast Belle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Belfast Belle »

tomsteel wrote:Do you really mean the Greeks or are you referring to the RoC Government (Greek Cypriots)?
Some people on here Tom have no idea.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 20 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

BB - so very true, sadly.

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Hedge-fund »

Sandman wrote:Article in todays "I" in UK suggests the Greeks are yet again putting the boot in by suggesting that the Turkish Cypriots should not be allowed to produce Hellim( Halloumi) as EU inspectors are not able to gain access to TRNC to assure manufacturing procedures are adhered to !
How can anyone can hope to negotiate some sort of agreement with these cretins !!??
It will get resolved by such negotiation and certainly not by mudslinging and insults.

niceone
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 20 in Discussion

Post by niceone »

this has been going on for years, the article below was published in 2013

http://www.embargoed.org/news.php?news_id=185

CatalkoyChris
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 20 in Discussion

Post by CatalkoyChris »

There are of course two sides to every story. It is good that we can debate such issues on this forum and everyone can express a fair opinion that they hold.
"Two heads are better than one!" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Both sides drop the name and just call it CHEESE for gods sake.

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 20 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

They will never, never change. They argued about our football teams, stopped flotilla going via Israel, Greeks lobbied their Government to stop them. We are again sitting down to talk - WHY. You say white, they say black. "Two sides to every story" the governments around the world seem only to listen to GC. Also for people to say they lived side by side before 1974 with no trouble are not reading from the same page!!!!!! Yes I'll now get ready for all the politicians to start.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 20 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

Do Cypriots of either ethnicity want a settlement? That has to be the core of the issue, surely!

dodger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 20 in Discussion

Post by dodger »

Deniz1 wrote:Both sides drop the name and just call it CHEESE for gods sake.
Or Cypriot cheese perhaps.

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

tomsteel wrote:Do Cypriots of either ethnicity want a settlement? That has to be the core of the issue, surely!

Yes they do Tomsteel, both want it on their own terms with political equality, shouldn't be hard to sort out
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

dodger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 20 in Discussion

Post by dodger »

Dalartokat wrote:
tomsteel wrote:Do Cypriots of either ethnicity want a settlement? That has to be the core of the issue, surely!

Yes they do Tomsteel, both want it on their own terms with political equality, shouldn't be hard to sort out

Sandman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Sandman »

The posting is headed "Greek Cypriots" for the benefit of the contributors who can't read !! Some of the comments remind me of the old 44 forum!! Why is it that simply quoting an article from a newspaper turns into a slanging match?? Will not bother in future !!

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

There are a lot of things the British Government and the EU Authorities do that many people object to. Many of them I object to myself! That does not justify calling the British or even Europeans "cretins" and "scumbags" and if anyone called the English rude names on the basis of their disapproval of the Government of my native country I would sue them for libel!

The gist of the story as reported is that European Inspectors cannot gain access to the TRNC to check manufacturing process : why not? Did they even try or did they just say the TRNC was an unrecognised country?Or did the TRNC justifyiably deny access to a potential commercial rival to the secret of their success in cheese manufacture?

I dont see how they can stop the TRNC producing Hellim or anything else they fancy and calling it what they want. What they can do is stop the TRNC selling in in the EU under that name - but I thought they did that anyway.

Personally I would just like to be able to buy some Cheddar Cheese that was actually made in Cheddar to the original recipe - and be blowed to the manufacturing process!!!!!

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

Sandman wrote:The posting is headed "Greek Cypriots" for the benefit of the contributors who can't read !! Some of the comments remind me of the old 44 forum!! Why is it that simply quoting an article from a newspaper turns into a slanging match?? Will not bother in future !!
Yes but the second poster thought it an opportune moment for a different wording and that's what the the subsequent posters took exception to in the most part I think. It did start off quite strongly worded by yourself and escalated - it happens.

Sandman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Sandman »

I give up !! Read the wording before you come out with nonsensical simpering comments. As I said before reminds me of '44.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

Sandman wrote:I give up !! Read the wording before you come out with nonsensical simpering comments. As I said before reminds me of '44.
You said you simply quoted a newspaper article - did the newspaper article use the phrase "How can anyone can hope to negotiate some sort of agreement with these cretins!"?

Your opening statements do very much remind me of 44 - so back at you! Sandman...

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 20 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Sandman wrote:The posting is headed "Greek Cypriots" for the benefit of the contributors who can't read !! Some of the comments remind me of the old 44 forum!! Why is it that simply quoting an article from a newspaper turns into a slanging match?? Will not bother in future !!
I, for one am not sure to which particular comments 'Sandman' was referring as a 'slanging match'.

I did not think that any of the other (unedited ) comments matched his own, for offensiveness...

Would Sandman care to explain in more detail?

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”