General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Belfast Belle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

New Digital Electric Meters

•   Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Belfast Belle »

Has any one in the Catalkoy area who had these fitted @ the end of last month , had a monthly electric bill yet.

Belfast Belle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: New Digital Electric Meters

•   Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Belfast Belle »

BTTT

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

We're in Esentepe and our new meter was fitted at the end of March. A few days later, the meter was read at the normal time but the reading was 0 and we were only billed for standing charge and lighting plus KDV, around 36 TL in total. So I was expecting to have a double bill on the next reading. However, what happened was that I got a text about 30 days after the meter was fitted telling me that a payment was being taken out the following day to cover our electric bill, not just the 36 TL we had a bill for but presumably the full amount. I couldn't tell as I've had no bill... I did take a reading from the old meter so it did seem about the right amount. So be aware, if you pay by direct debit, the money may come out of your account earlier than expected.

Belfast Belle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Belfast Belle »

Thank you for that, the reason I asked the question was , we have lived here now for 10 years & the bill has never before been late before, I will just suck it & see.

Belfast Belle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Belfast Belle »

I take it then that no-one has had their meter read .

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

We live in Catalkoy and had our monthly electric bill on the 7th, almost as normal. The part that was not normal was that the meter reading was just a guess and the bill was stuck in the gate. The excuse from the KibTek office is that we have dogs and the man will not read the meter whilst the dogs are out! The dogs were with me in the back garden when he came to read the meter - the real answer is that he is one lazy meter reader but seems to be the only one who is.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

gates
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Post by gates »

none out here like dogs and would enter a unit that has dogs not me
So dont blame the man for looking after his health
Take the blame on your part for having dogs running wild outside

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

gates, perhaps like the man who is too lazy to read the meter, you missed the part where I stated that the dogs were with me in the back garden when he came to read the meter!

My dogs do not run wild outside, they are always under control and never allowed anywhere near the front of the house on the days that KibTek are due to read the meter - this is by arrangement with KibTek as well. The manager of KibTek office has already admitted to me that he has only one member of staff (meter reader) who has any fear of dogs and who will regularly just guess at meter readings in my area.

My meter is actually outside my front door and the only way the dogs can get to it is if I open the door and let them out, for the rest of the property it is securely fenced in all around to stop some of the "none out here like dogs" brigade from getting in and "borrowing" them during the hunting season when a pair of well trained German Pointers are in great demand!!!!!!! I keep dogs for more than one reason but a good reason is one you actually stated above - "not me".

Now explain to me what blame is there for me to take please?

Lozzycroft
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Lozzycroft »

Had my new meter at least 6 weeks now and still no bill.....
I don't pay by DD at the min so I guess I just have to keep waiting until it turns up.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Still waiting for a "gates" reply but not holding my breath. However, very interested in the subject of these meters in the Catalkoy area. Anyone in this area had these meters fitted yet please??

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”