Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

BOERBOEL
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Help - Turkcell top up

•   Message 1 of 24 in Discussion

Post by BOERBOEL »

Hi

Can anyone tell me if you can top up a pay-as-you-go on line or if not, can it be done by telephone and if yes does anyone have their number.

Many thanks

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Help - Turkcell top up

•   Message 2 of 24 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

You can top up online with a credit card. Here's how - I did these instructions for a friend so hopefully they work okay.

Website is http://www.kktcell.com/

Click on tab KONTOR YUKLE

Telefon numarasi: Type your number in form of 533XXXXXXX telefon numarasi

Check the box for the number of units you wish to purchase

Kart Üzerindeki Ad ve Soyad: Type in name and surname on the credit card you are using to pay

Kredi Kartı Numarası: Type in your credit card number

Son Kullanma Tarihi: Month and year that card expires

CVV: last 3 digits of number on back of the card (security digits)

Click Tamam tab

You'll then get a confirmation screen with your telephone number, number of units and cost - if all okay click tamam again

What happens next depends on whether your credit card does 3D authorisation - with mine a new window is opened up allowing me to input a number that my bank has sent me by text to authorise the transaction. Once I put the number in I get a message confirming the transaction in the original window. You may be asked to put in some digits from your 3D password or it might just go straight through.

BOERBOEL
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 24 in Discussion

Post by BOERBOEL »

Thanks come_on_aylin will give that a try. Apologise for delay in replying PC out of action all weekend

joan54
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 24 in Discussion

Post by joan54 »

Thanks for that, I translated the page into English which made it a little easier.

EssexOB
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 24 in Discussion

Post by EssexOB »

Hi. I have a pay and go turkcell sim and would like to top up by card. But if I go to web address given don't see KONTOR YUKLE anywhere ?

I'm in UK at moment is that why ? Different web site ?

guru
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 24 in Discussion

Post by guru »

Click on aylins link and it's the tab on the right. Google UK should auto translate it to 'recharge'

johnny1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 24 in Discussion

Post by johnny1 »

can you use a turkcell number brought from north in turkey also?

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 24 in Discussion

Post by frugal90 »

How can I keep a SIM live when I only visit every 6 months? UK based the rest of the time. Keep having to buy a new SIM for a few weeks stay. Frugal

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

EssexOB wrote:Hi. I have a pay and go turkcell sim and would like to top up by card. But if I go to web address given don't see KONTOR YUKLE anywhere ?

I'm in UK at moment is that why ? Different web site ?
Try this

https://collectiongw.kktcell.com/KKTCEL ... oader.html

EssexOB
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 24 in Discussion

Post by EssexOB »

Guru & Groucho

Thanks for your help. Just what i needed.

davidthomas
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 24 in Discussion

Post by davidthomas »

Thank you Groucho and Guru. Topped up online no problems.

jax47
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 24 in Discussion

Post by jax47 »

Can I just ask please...If I top up on line from UK, as Turkcell phone doesn't work in UK, how will I know that the transaction is successful please? Thanks

Terri299
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Terri299 »

Frugal, if you're here every 6 months the sim should be able to reactivated when you arrive. Any credit from before will get added to what you top up. If you put a small amount on before you leave and as long as you return before the 6 months you should be okay. We've been doing this for 12 years now. I was told last year that after 6 months you do lose the number but we have always done 5 months then 7 months between visits and it always worked. Didn't want to risk it last time so got a neighbour to top it up before the 6 months. Will find out next week if it works from when we left in May.
A question about topping up using a credit card from the UK, what kind if charges are incurred with exchange rates etc, does anyone know? Thanks

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 14 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Terri, as you're only crediting your mobile with a relatively small amount, the charges are correspondingly small

Elect to be charged in Lira, if you are offered a choice, as a credit card will normally give you a very fair rate of exchange, whereas the 'phone company might not!

Of course there is often a surcharge for a 'Foreign transaction', (it depends on your particular credit card) but it's hardly worth worrying about...

Incidentally, I could have sworn that my Turkcell 'phone worked in the UK when I took it with me one time - can anyone else verify that, or am I going Ga-Ga?

jax47
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 24 in Discussion

Post by jax47 »

Yes my Turkcell phone worked in UK about 2-3 years ago but doesn't now..think they had a temporary tie up with TMOBILE or something.
I usually get a phone card and top up as soon as we arrive but haven't been able to get card at supermarket so far. ..(Erdeners) anyone know who sells them please?
Thanks

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 16 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

jax47 wrote:Yes my Turkcell phone worked in UK about 2-3 years ago but doesn't now..think they had a temporary tie up with TMOBILE or something...
That explains it - thank you for that...

You should be able to get a sim card in any 'phone shop, computer shop or Turkcell agent which boasts a Turkcell banner!

jax47
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 24 in Discussion

Post by jax47 »

After no luck at couple of shops we rang Turkcell and they don't do top up cards now, only top up on line or in store!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 18 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

jax47 wrote:After no luck at couple of shops we rang Turkcell and they don't do top up cards now, only top up on line or in store!
I'm sorry, I completely misunderstood your comment regarding a 'phone card' - I thought that you meant a SIM card

As others have stated, topping up on-line is easy, particularly if you are not in TRNC, although if you're in the UK, you won't be able to check on the 'phone so see whether the credit has gone on. You simply get a message on the website that says that the credit will be added as soon as possible, or if there's a problem, then you're invited to try again...

If you leave some money with a friend, then they can get credit put on for you at a Supermarket, while they're shopping, by simply quoting your 'phone number.

jax47
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 24 in Discussion

Post by jax47 »

Thanks for that info.

The man at Turkcell said the sim cards are valid for one year before being cancelled, so maybe they don't go "dormant' after 90 days or whatever now.

I'll try topping up on line before we next come over and see what happens!

I used to keep a top up card in my purse and input the code once we were in the taxi from the airport and the phone reactivated straight away......nothing stays the same!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 20 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Hi jax47, I also mourn the passing of the top-up cards; if you possessed one, then you could be certain of not running out of credit, particularly in dead of night, miles from a supermarket!
Last edited by Keithcaley on Sun 06 Mar 2016 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

jax47
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 24 in Discussion

Post by jax47 »

True! Progress...?

jax47
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 24 in Discussion

Post by jax47 »

Thanks come_on aylin...I have just followed your instructions further up the thread and it worked perfectly!

olinskia
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 24 in Discussion

Post by olinskia »

I am in England and looking at my Turkcell phone which is on and working with T Mobile Uk. If your phone does not work in the UK then go into a Turkcell shop when you are next in Cyprus and say that you want your phone left open so that you can use it when you are in the UK. I did this when they stopped my phone working in the UK 2 or 3 years ago. I believe they stopped them all working in the UK at that time and each person then had to go and specifically ask for it to be left open. I can also confirm that it is easy to top up in the UK using the info as stated in an earlier post.

jax47
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 24 in Discussion

Post by jax47 »

Didn't know you could do that, thanks ☺

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”