General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

greenvalley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

GREEN HEIGHTS - I Have A Question.

•   Message 1 of 24 in Discussion

Post by greenvalley »

If the owner of the Green Heights uses this forum, I would love to ask you a question. I know you speak pretty good English and therefore would understand me.
Thanks.

Bethany
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: GREEN HEIGHTS - I Have A Question.

•   Message 2 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Bethany »

Yes, he speaks ver good English. I have spoken with him many times about caring for all the poor animals he has imprisoned there, TO NO AVAIL

mickyron
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 24 in Discussion

Post by mickyron »

I complained about three years ago to the owner about the way the animals were kept, but it did no good. We will never go there again, it was diabolical.

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

Why is it that nothing appears to be able to be done about this place. I thought it was still illegal to mistreat animals here? Who can, or should it be reported to?

greenvalley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 24 in Discussion

Post by greenvalley »

Thank you for your replies. I very much doubt that I will get a reply from the owner of the Green Heights.

To the owner:
In one of the houses you own, you have 2 lovely Husky's caged in the back garden. They are in a complete mess because you never clean the cage. You don't walk them............ever. They are caged up 24/7, week in week out.
Also in another house you own, you have caged up 4 Husky's. They can barely move. And as the other 2 dogs, they are there 24/7 never walked, and they don't look as if they get much food or water. Because you have money does that mean you can get away with anything and everything? Please KAR, is there anything you can do about this?

My questions is......................what kind of a person are you. To be so very cruel to these poor animals. Not to mention the ones you have caged up in the Green Heights. I will call in the Green Heights, just to see you and ask you face to face ' Why are you so cruel '?

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Cant some on sneak in with bolt cutters and let them out? at least they would be able to move.

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

I have e-mailed KAR and asked them to read this post. Don't know if they have any contacts who may be able to advise.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 24 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

KAR are more than aware about the mistreatment of animals at this establishment and have visited it. Unfortunately as the establishment is privately owned, under TRNC law they are unable to do anything about it, disgusting though it is. Walk away and pass on your experience and views of the place to others. Unfortunately TC's visit it in droves and presumably are not bothered about what they DON'T want to see. Kuskor were informed about the appalling condition the birds and the "mad" peacocks are kept, but by the sound of it, nothing has been done.

surfmeetseast
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 24 in Discussion

Post by surfmeetseast »

One question is, why is he keeping these dogs? Caged dogs cannot guard. There are many wealthy people here now that see a husky as a status dogs. I mentioned nothing about russians They like these creatures as accessories, as they may peacocks.
I would say take the bolt cutter and some paint stripper and do the "ooops" where it really hurts, his fkng status symbol cars, dick substitutes.
I despair.....
Last edited by surfmeetseast on Sun 02 Nov 2014 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

surfmeetseast
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 24 in Discussion

Post by surfmeetseast »

One question is, why is he keeping these dogs? Caged dogs cannot guard. There are many wealthy people here now that see a husky as a status dogs. I mentioned nothing about russians They like these creatures as accessories, as they may peacocks.
I would say take the bolt cutter and some paint stripper and do the "ooops" where it really hurts, his fkng status symbol cars
I despair.....

surfmeetseast
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 24 in Discussion

Post by surfmeetseast »

Please forgive my post made at the height of my anger, but I really cannot see why this person keeps these dogs at all, unless he is breeding and selling?
I am shocked that there is no authority that can do anything about this

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

No need to apologise, I am sure we all agree with you comments. If as Sophie says, there is no law to control this sort of thing, then it'd time the law was changed!

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 24 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

There actually is a law against animal cruelty ................. try and get someone to enforce it though!!!! Probably what he is doing is not considered to be cruel (one mans terrorist is another mans hero) as it were.

Retired
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Retired »

I have been directed to the Veterinary Department in Girne (opposite Law Courts I am told) on an issue I have with the conditions two beautiful horses are kept in. Unfortunately, I am not in TRNC right now but will contact them if nothing has changed when I return. As to why someone would want to keep these wonderful young animals in these conditions I can only wonder. They are neither groomed, walked, mucked-out nor fed properly. It's heartbreaking..sorry.

woodspeckie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 24 in Discussion

Post by woodspeckie »

It upsets me to see the Fox in the cage in Baris park.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 24 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

I think by now it is commonly accepted that the Fox is completely mental and would be unable to live outside of that prison he has been in for years. Having horses is, in my humble opinion, considered a status symbol. However, please go on to a UK website for an organisation called Redwings, based in Norwich, Norfolk and you will see and read about the most horrific examples of treatment of horses in the UK. To many of them, death is a release.

Retired
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Retired »

I do not need to go onto a website to see more cruelty in another country..I am in no way comparing UK (where I do not live) to anything that happens in TRNC. I was trying to give a suggestion as to where some help may be available. I was directed to the Veterinary Department in Girne which I will no doubt visit soon. I have seen them deteriorate so much over the past year - I would hate to see them just die in their filthy enclosure due to neglect. I am sure that lack of knowledge of these wonderful animals, plus lack of finance, rather than out and out cruelty, contributes to the state they are in right now. The person who owns them previously owned a few sheep and goats - there is no way that horses can survive in that manner. It's hard to comprehend the status symbol thing when you see them..but I know what you mean.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 24 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

KAR have been called into Green Heights many times and the Manager spoken to but to no avail, sadly. The more people that continually plague them, might just have some affect, but there again I doubt it. People have been trying for years. As well as contacting the Veterinary department in Girne, there is always Alsancak Belediye, as Green Heights is in their area. I doubt that it is lack of finance in this case, rather a total lack of understanding and disregard of animals and their needs.

niceone
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 24 in Discussion

Post by niceone »

I am not familiar with green heights

is this the place ?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Green-He ... 1224791610

you could post on the wall if it is x

IPMAN
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 24 in Discussion

Post by IPMAN »

Yes nice one - thats the place

ruggy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 24 in Discussion

Post by ruggy »

Why don't someone organize a protest with banners etc outside there on a Sunday as I live opposite the place and it's packed on a sunny Sunday , that might bring to theattention of the public & his trade might drop & he may start to do something about it . Get Ann Canap from the paper to cover it so it gets in the cyprus today . Where r the houses with the dogs caged up ?

surfmeetseast
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 24 in Discussion

Post by surfmeetseast »

I have gone to the green heights fb page, and sent him a piece of my mind. I told him I we post my findings on trip advisor and that no one I know ( and that is quite a few) will ever visit his establishment. Feeling a bit as if I have gone OTT but cannot bear the cruelty

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 23 of 24 in Discussion

Post by erol »

niceone wrote:I am not familiar with green heights

is this the place ?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Green-He ... 1224791610

you could post on the wall if it is x
This would appear to be the facebook page of an establishment in Turkey ? Certainly that is the location on the map on the page. Just thought I would mention it before they get too many comments about animal cruelty and they are in fact not the actual Green Heights in question.

Edit

Ok it appears the map is wrong and it would appear to be the establishment in question based on written address and pictures.

greenvalley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 24 in Discussion

Post by greenvalley »

The turning on the left before you get to Green Heights. There are 2 houses which both have the caged Husky's. One cage has 2 dogs and the other has 4 dogs.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”