General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Help with TV in bedroom

•   Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

Can anyone tell me please. I have a tv in the bedroom now, I do have ntv/multimax will I be able to get ntv in the bedroom on the new tv? Any help would be appreciated.

barrysnakes
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Help with TV in bedroom

•   Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Post by barrysnakes »

Rocking ! there are so many different options and need more info but there will be no problems no matter the circumstances regards Barry

Steve C
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Steve C »

Surely someone should be able to offer some assistance here as there appear to be so many experts on this site.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

I'm not a self-proclaimed expert but it seems to me Rocking will need a Wifi device to transmit the picture from from his Wireless router to his TV (I take it the TV isn't WiFi enabled already). This could be anything from a Laptop PC working as a set top box, Android Box or Roku Box and the like... This avoids use of too many cables

So it's
1 Internet to Router to
2. Wifi device with HDMI (I take it the TV has HDMI) if not there are other options
3. Cable from Wifi Device to TV.

Need more info of course but connecting over WiFi is a doddle as long as the Wifi is in range and even then things can be done....

Spud50
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Spud50 »

We have a 'powerline adapter starter kit'. Bought this in uk but perhaps they are available here in the computer shops. It is - TP-LINK Model number TL-PA411KIT. Had it a while so there may be a more up-to-date model. It uses the electric cables in your walls to take the signal from your router to another room. If you google it or visit www/tp-link.com you may get a better explanation. Easy to set up - we did so it must be!!!

teatime
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Post by teatime »

Spud50 wrote:We have a 'powerline adapter starter kit'. Bought this in uk but perhaps they are available here in the computer shops. It is - TP-LINK Model number TL-PA411KIT. Had it a while so there may be a more up-to-date model. It uses the electric cables in your walls to take the signal from your router to another room. If you google it or visit www/tp-link.com you may get a better explanation. Easy to set up - we did so it must be!!!
Yes they have them here, got mine through Multimax but I've also seen them in Ardinc.

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

Thank you all for your help, have taken this on board.

namps
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Post by namps »

Woooow. Have you got your technical head on Rita.

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

No, going to show responses to a friend who understands technical harden, but looking at the above should be able to work. Xx

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”