General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

rowan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

police memorial

•   Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Post by rowan »

can someone remind me of when and when and where this happens please. I did not put it into my diary. i think it is 8th November, anyone help with the rest?

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: police memorial

•   Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

Are ex police living here as expats being invited to attend?

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

There is an article in C Today that the ceremony is at the Old British Cemetery on Sat 8th November!! at 4.30.P.M The Remembrance service is also on Sunday 8th at 12.30. Take your pick!!.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

I think Remembrance is on Sunday 9th, not Saturday 8th. RBL can confirm details,

rowan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Post by rowan »

I thought the service was a public one, does any one know differently?

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

It would appear to be for anyone. I was merely pointing out that the dates in the paper were incorrectly published!

Lady Muck
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Lady Muck »

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Indeed it is. And take a look at Embargoed! on Facebook where this article is being discussed!
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

jimm127
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Post by jimm127 »

Can't believe that the spineless British Government is yet again letting the Greek Cypriots away with murder. This memorial should be unveiled with all the splendour and respect that comes with acknowledging the sacrifice that these men made. The High commisioner and everyone else involved with this cowardly decision should be ashamed!!

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

I whole heartedly agree, but what else do you expect from the British Government who have sat on the fence now for how many years??? and had so much money donated from the "bubbles". I do hope as many Brits as possible attend the ceremony!

karmels
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Post by karmels »

I cannot see the local police shutting the road two days running.
The local Goverment have been very good over the last few years in allowing the Rembrance Day to have the road closed for the duration of the Act of Remembrance with chairs supplied by local goverment.
I think the reason the High Commisioner cannot come is he will be at Wyanes Keep in the Buffer Zone for the large Cypriot and UN Remembrance were every EU and world Diplomatic Mission who will lay a tribute to the fallen, with a cocktial party at Ledra Palace after.
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves. Confucius 551-479 BC

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

I am surprised to learn many members of this forum even expected any member of the British High Commission (BHC), let alone the High Commissioner, to turn up to either memorial service. What has this part-time government organisation (open for just a few hours per week and demanding pre-booking by telephone appointments) ever done for any British expat residing within the TRNC except to advise them not to buy (good advice as it turns out, as so many expats are being ripped off by crooked advocates, dealers, agents, land owners and builders et al). Not being an ex-rozzer, I shall not attend the Police Memorial, but Remembrance Sunday will see me there to pay my respects to the fallen, including members of the Police Force, and then to a local hostelry for our own version of the Ledra Palace Cocktails. BHC - you enjoy your day with all the other 'allicandos'.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”