General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

italcyp
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Mri Scan

•   Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Post by italcyp »

Can anyone racommend somewhere in Girne were i could get a Mri scan done .
Many Thanks

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Mri Scan

•   Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

I walked in off the street and had one done at the NEU hospital' Had to wait half an hour until the operator was back from lunch. They now have a smaller scanner at the Kamiloglu (or hower it is spelt) in Girne

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Just behind the HSBC bank there is a place called Letam they do MRI and Ultra sound scans.

Agobard
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Agobard »

Letam don't do MRIs in Girne - their MRI scanner is in another place opposite the state hospital in Lefkosa. Would recommend Letams though, they are very good and very professional.

cjtill
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Post by cjtill »

I believe Kamiloglu now have this new state of the art MRI scanner . It is open, so not claustrophobic like the 'tunnel ones'

guru
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Post by guru »

To the best of my knowledge, In the UK you can't just walk into a hospital and have an MRI scan done so does anyone know...... can you just go to one of these places in TRNC and have one done just to get yourself checked out or do you have to be referred by a doctor. Also any idea how much this costs?

JBA
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Post by JBA »

*** WARNING ***

It's totally obvious now but at the time I had other things on my mind. 2 months ago I went for an MRI scan and 4 days later discovered that all my credit and debit cards had been destroyed by the process - not just the magnetic stripes but the chips had been burnt out aswell. Nobody had warned me and I was just in normal clothes with my wallet in my back pocket and solely concerned about what the scan might show.

It took ages to get them replaced - especially from the UK.

Incidentally, it was at a little place in Lefkosia where I was referred by Kolan and it cost 486tl.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

As I said in my earlier message. I went off the street and asked for an MRI scan on my lower back. I knew perfectly well I was having problems, told the girl on Reception that I need a checkup and if something was found amiss, then and only then would I book and appointment with an appropriate Consultant. In my case I paid 420tl, and the Consultant threw his consultancy fee in for free. Obviously they thought I was going to opt for an expensive Operation there and then, but I didn't.

Agobard
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Agobard »

You can certainly get MRI scans done here without medical referral. How much they cost depends entirely on whether you want a full body scan or just bits - say knees or lower back for example. Letams kick off at around 250TL for a lower back scan.

TB10pilot
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Post by TB10pilot »

I have used Alfa Emar in Nicosia many times. It is from 200TL per session, i.e., neck, or middle back or lower back. No doctors referral is required. Usually you get an appointment within 2 days, sometimes same day. Report is in Turkish and English. I have taken my scans and reports back to the UK for my neuro surgeon to see and they are quite acceptable.
Drive past the main hospital, turn right at the mini roundabout. Take the second left turn towards the Etic hospital. When you get to the Etic, turn left. 50 metres on, turn left again. Follow this road and take the second or third turning right. You will see the Alfa sign at the end of a block of shops with a huge generator outside. They speak English and Dr Burcin Erin is lovely!

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”