General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Scoobydoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Turkish Delight

•   Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Scoobydoo »

Where is the best place these days to buy good Turkish Delight in the Girne area or even in Lefkosa?
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."

Winston Churchill

brian24001
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Turkish Delight

•   Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Post by brian24001 »

Top of the (Kyrenia) high street next door to Deniz Plaza shop (or maybe 2 doors away).

Best you will get
The wife keeps complaining I never listen to a word she says ............. or something like that.

Ailsa
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Ailsa »

Agreed! It is the best ever Turkish delight. Holiday Turkish delight. The other Turkish Delight shop in Mushroom street isn' a patch on this one. Go and you won't be disappointed!

Scoobydoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Scoobydoo »

Thank you both very much!

I haven't bought this stuff in years (personally I am not a fan of it) but need it as a present and the shop I used 10yrs ago no longer exists.
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."

Winston Churchill

Maisiemoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Maisiemoo »

Has to be Sweety's for me, I was in there today buying some to take to UK as presents. It's a family firm and they will freshly box it up for you although they do sell the mass produced stuff as well. It's in the first road to the right off the High Street, on the right hand side about half way down, sorry don't know the name of the road.

icklepix
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Post by icklepix »

We have been using Sweety for 10 years now, you can't beat it and its all hand made (apart from the already boxed stuff as the previous post mentioned). I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Ailsa
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Ailsa »

Sweetys is not nearly as good as the Holiday one!!!! I used Sweetys for years then found the other one and would never go back to sweetys. Their stuff is hard and tough!!!! Obviously they all box it up for you!!!!!

Maisiemoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Maisiemoo »

Never had a problem with Sweety's myself, but did once buy some on the actual high street that was the worst Turkish Delight ever, that was hard and tough!

johnerebus
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Post by johnerebus »

Seems we're stuck between a hard and a tough place for choice then? What a delight!

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

Scoobydoo wrote:Where is the best place these days to buy good Turkish Delight in the Girne area or even in Lefkosa?
Sue,

For something with a little difference try Ergun Kazafanali's stall at the Wednesday Market... He sells lovely nutty varieties of traditional Cyprus sweets made with carrot, coconut and hazel or pistachio nuts that will delight... not tough, tender as anything and delicious to boot. His stall is down near the bottom left-hand side as you walk down through the market... He has boxes for packaging what you buy so it's not just in a bag....

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”