General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

DieHard
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Problem with jet on Gas hob

•   Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Post by DieHard »

I have a gas hob and the jet that I use mostly, because it is the largest and fastest, has almost stopped working, only just lights up, and will not go onto full power, although control will turn up high. Anyone know a solution or someone who can clean it or replace?

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Problem with jet on Gas hob

•   Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

It's probably the tiny hole in the centre of the jet that has become blocked - you would be better contacting the service agent for your particular brand of hob via any of the shops which sell that brand.

The service engineers normally carry a full range of spares for the brands that they handle, and it would take them about 2 minutes to replace it.

DieHard
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Post by DieHard »

Thanks Keith, the make is Ocean, we went with our dubious builder to Lefkosa somewhere on the industrial estate to buy it, but cannot remember where.

brian24001
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Post by brian24001 »

Might not be the jet, might be the gas regulator from the supply bottle/tank.

Are the other jets responding normally?

If you know how to remove safely, remove the jet and clear the small obstruction with a fine needle or wire, if that doesn't work, place the jet in hot white vinegar for a while.

Either usually works.
The wife keeps complaining I never listen to a word she says ............. or something like that.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”