General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

vastra25
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

car ferry

•   Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Post by vastra25 »

any helpful info on roll on roll off car ferry from Famagusta to mersin, usual stuff, where to book, sailing times, and any prices, thanks..

karmels
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: car ferry

•   Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Post by karmels »

vastra25.
HI, I don't know the ferry companies or the times but we go to Turkey from Girne to Tasacu on Holiday with our car.
You will need to go to the car tax office with your passport and car docs, on payment of aprox 200 TL you will get an export licence for the car.
This can only be done within a month before you intend to leave.
All you will need to do is find the ferry company, you could have a drive into the docks and speak to someone there, they will all know the timings and the company name and were the office is.
I nearly forgot, if the car is in joint names you will need to have both passpoerts and make sure the export licence is in both names.
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves. Confucius 551-479 BC

vastra25
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Post by vastra25 »

Thanks karmels, will try kyrenia. due to ill health have to leave our lovely villa, someone out there will love our villa too, and at a bargain price.

karmels
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Post by karmels »

vastra25, sorry to hear about your health problems, there are more ferries leaving Girne than Famagusta.
They leave about 14.30 and arrive in Tasacu abot 19.30 - 20.00 hrs, there are lots of hotels and pensions in Tasacu which you can book on line to stay the night for a fresh start in the morning.
If you are driving back to the UK I would look at the route from Silifka to Konya and then on to Istanbul useing the motorways, this is avoiding the coast road which is not a very good road. You could Google earth the route and mark it on your map. You will have to but one month Insurance but it is not expensive.
I forgot to mention Silifka is only 10 mins from Tasacu, when you reach the junction in Silifka you will see your route signposted to the left.
Hope this helps, Have a safe journey.
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves. Confucius 551-479 BC

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”