General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

laney
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Erulku supermarket

•   Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Post by laney »

I have just discovered Erulku supermarket in Lefkosa. which is a lot cheaper and better quality than Lemars.
I have a simple question, is there one nearer to Girne?

Maisiemoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Erulku supermarket

•   Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Maisiemoo »

I love this supermarket, the cashiers actually smile at you and strike up a conversation! I'd agree that the fresh fruit and vegs are of far superior quality to Lemars and it's cheaper too. For eg a large Rokus cat food was 5.10 in Lemars but 3.55 in Erulku. If you spend over 50 tl take your receipt to the desk by the front door for the weeks free gift, this week it was a 1litre bottle of Coca Cola and it's 1 for every 50tl spent. Unfortunately I haven't seen one near Girne, I wish there was.

Panchocat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Panchocat »

I think it was mentioned a while back on the forum that " rumour " has it that the old cocoa cola factory site in Çatalköy was going to be a hypermarket and Erulku was the name being linked to it, so perhaps we will possibly be getting a branch nearer to Girne............

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Would be great to think you are correct Panchocat, but I bet the prices won't be the same as the Lefkosa ones are. Even some Arcelik goods in Lefkosa are cheaper than Girne. We're all supposed to have more money the nearer you get to Girne!!

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Always try and call in at Erulku when we arrive, providing flights are on time. Very impressed with it. Cannot say if it is any cheaper than our local Supreme at Catalkoy as I dont tend to compare price that closely - but will bow to those in the know.

Really hope that the Coca Cola factory is a new Erulku hypermarket. That would certainly be a great boost to Girne.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Lottidotti
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Lottidotti »

Bearing in mind the petrol cost and wear and tear on your vehicle,If saving approximately 40p on a bag of cat food is so important why move to TRNC where inflation is running at about 10 % average per year.

kiplet
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Post by kiplet »

Yes it's a good supermarket, and I sometimes call when passing but nothing beats Tempo deli for us. Only place I can buy really fresh ham pork and bacon.

fatouche
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Post by fatouche »

The old Coca Cola factory is not going to be an Erulku. It's an independent supermarket called Sah (pronounced Shah) Marketplace, and belongs to the owners of the Coca Cola factory.

It is going to be quite different to any of the supermarkets here, and much better.
Last edited by fatouche on Tue 28 Oct 2014 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bogaz58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Bogaz58 »

Not from the Girne area, where exactly is this store?

Mr Mac
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Mr Mac »

And any approximate opening date?

laney
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Post by laney »

Thanks for all the replies, maybe one day we will have a nearer branch.
Obviously it is not worth travelling all that way for a bag of cat food, unless you have more than one cat
For a weeks shopping it would make a lot of difference, bearing in mind the quality of the fresh food.
Thanks again.

Maisiemoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Maisiemoo »

I don't go for just one tin of cat food!! We go once or twice a month for a big shop and definitely is worth our while.

DieHard
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Post by DieHard »

I find Erdener and Supremes much cheaper than Lemar, more variety and a smile everywhere you turn. Glad Coca Cola is not going to be an Erulku, it would be very sad for the family run Supermarkets, who now stock British goods and Erdener have their own bakery, their rolls and local loaves are yummy.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”