General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

elizabeth
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Things can only get better !!

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by elizabeth »

Last Friday we attended a 60,s night at Chateau Lambousa, the place is absolutely beautiful, very impressive indeed. The music was great and the organisers had put so much work into making the evening a success, but, Oh My God, the food was atrocious, no self respecting chef would have put that on a plate.
There were chicken escalopes, which were so tough they were inedible, and the chips [frozen] were pale and lukewarm.I understood that this place had been refurbished and was intended to be a training base for people in the catering industry, if that was a sign of things to come I don't think I'll be booking up there for a meal in the foreseeable future.

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Things can only get better !!

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Hector »

Yes, well done to the organisers. It was an enjoyable night.

I was also there and can only agree about the food, awful and inedible. Most was left or taken home for the dogs from what I could see. The same can be said of the wine, both red and white. I sent the first bottle of red back as it was corked, the second bottle was even worse. Even the waiter recoiled after I asked him just to smell it. The white was also described as 'putrid.' I appreciate drinks were free but it still needs to be drinkable with no 'funny tummies' the next day.

It was a real opportunity for Chateau Lambousa to show off what it could do and they really let themselves and their customers down (both on the night and for future business).

huggiesbob
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by huggiesbob »

Horrible food inedible even dogs could not chew it they need to get their act together if this is how theyare going to train their chefs heaven help us...when will they learn its not that hard

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

Food was a disgrace, otherwise a great night. Would not eat there again!

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

I thought that Kathy ex-Mambo was supposed to be taking over the catering/bar side of C.L? Obviously this can't have happened because she would never have let food and drinks of that quality be presented to paying guests.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Have just looked at some of the reviews on Booking.com. Everyone without exception comments on the décor etc (which I have to admit looks terrific) and a few reviews think the food is fabulous as well and given 10/10. This was from a Brit. Something clearly is awry somewhere.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”