General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Art
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Dyson Upright Vacum Cleaner.

•   Message 1 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Art »

Our Dyson has finally died and the funeral will take place when the dust has settled.

In the meantime is there a supplier in the North and any idea of cost..

Much appreciated!

muppet
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Dyson Upright Vacum Cleaner.

•   Message 2 of 16 in Discussion

Post by muppet »

I have never seen them for sale in the north, only in the south and ouch very expensive.... I am bring a new one back from uk w hen I am next over. As I have found the south cyprus prices prohibitive.....

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 16 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Been there, seen it and done it - No Dyson agents here. Unless you are absolutely convinced it has died and gone to the dust bucket in the sky, why not take it to Tecktan in Girne. We were the same as you but they succeeded, for 60tl, to give ours a further 6 months of active life! It appears to have died again but I'm still going back to Tecktan to see if they can resurrect it once more.

Hutch
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Hutch »

Hi there

I had both of my Dyson uprights repaired by Homebase next to Carrefour in Nicosia, they were excellent and reasonably priced. Work perfectly now.

Hope that helps, Nicky

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 16 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Not seen any in the South, despite the web site saying they are for sale in Alfa Mega and places. Anyone know where abouts in the South they are sold. We never go to the UK so a trip there adds an extra £250.00 to the cost anyway, plus the car hire and a place to stay for the night, would put your average Dyson upright at around £800.00 - maybe they are a bit cheaper than that in the South after all???
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 16 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Orphanannies definitely used to sell Dyson and I'm sure that someone else would have taken over the agency down South. Dyson is a bit like Marmite - love or hate them. I have a friend who hates them and bought what I have to admit is a terrific Hoover model down South, works as good as any Dyson - but I'm still a Dyson fan!!

Art
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Art »

Thanks for the information and advice everyone-we have done some reserch and we think its best to buy one in the UK on our next visit at a cost of £199.Prices in the South are ridiculously high and I'm reluctant to give the South any business.

Carbotec
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Carbotec »

Waddo Dysons are being sold in Homebase the one opposite the big Carrefour in Nicosia.

Philoz
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Philoz »

Carbotec - which Carrefour do you mean? - I am only aware of two in Nicosia,one in Engomi mall,the other in the mall of Cyprus-they both look about the same size to me -Do you mean super home store in Engomi?

Carbotec
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Carbotec »

Philoz wrote:Carbotec - which Carrefour do you mean? - I am only aware of two in Nicosia,one in Engomi mall,the other in the mall of Cyprus-they both look about the same size to me -Do you mean super home store in Engomi?

That's the one, the guy upstairs is very helpful, if you need help.
Regards
Carbotec

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 16 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Thanks people, will check them out next time across!

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 16 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Had a look at the Dyson's on offer in Superhome (Engomi) today but apart from one battery one they were all of the compact drag along type. Prices ranged from 350 to 530 Euros dependent on the model you wanted. Boss wants an upright for some strange reason but the only one we could find was in Alfa Mega and as it was a ball type (they all are these days) boss was not happy with that one either. Maybe boss will settle on the DC53 Animal Complete - drag along - Dyson and I just wonder if anyone else out there - who must be either rich or famous to afford the damn thing - would have one already and would care to make a comment on them please???

We are now at a loss as to which sucking device to get - boss wants a Dyson but not a ball type, Slave could care less provided the moaning about the death of the Boss's old one will stop!!!

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 16 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Waddo, the Boss is right! I loathe the push and pull models that are sold over most of Europe, regardless of make. I will still continue to go to Tektan and let them resurrect mine, whenever it deceases. So far they have not failed me, but there will probably come a time.............................. Forget the price of a Dyson Vac. Try looking at the price of a Dyson washing machine!!

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 16 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Sophie, The Boss is never wrong - even when she is, she is not - that is the way with a good boss anyway! We looked at a Dyson washing machine some 9 years ago and for the same price we found an LG intello washer DD 7Kg, this time I won over the boss as the LG was a belt-less washing machine and I knew that rubberised belts tend to rot quite quick out here. It has lasted us well - wish I had not written that - but has started to vibrate lately so I guess its going to be another expensive thing to seek out on Island. The Boss uses her washing machine at least five times a week and it has taken a hammering over the years but I would recommend that brand/model to anyone without reservation - but the price, ouch!!!

The old saying of "you only get what you pay for" is quite true with washers and hoovers!!!

Our old Dyson needs replacement parts (plastic bits) and Tektan can not get them now - its about time it went to the spare parts department (that will be my garage where it will work for a good few years to come cleaning out the car) and be recycled into something useful to the slave!!! The slave is happy with glue and bodge tape so no problem there - lol.

Mozgor
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Mozgor »

Word of warning on buying Dyson in UK. We bought a new one and brought it over with us. Less than 2 years later the motor went, called Dyson UK and they said the warranty only applied in UK and if I took it to the Dyson Agent in Larnaca it would negate the guarantee? So I asked if they would supply the motor and they said they would but would charge me £120 for it!
So I took the whole Dyson back with me last May when I visited, got it fixed under guarantee and brought it back. It was the principle of it that annoyed me and I thought well if it'll fit in my suitcase then I'm meant to take it back.

Moyra

Philoz
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 16 in Discussion

Post by Philoz »

This company has never let me down for spares-my DC01 is still going strong!!

http://manchestervacs.co.uk/Dyson/

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”