General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Brighton Dot
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Question for over 60s not renewing residency

•   Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Brighton Dot »

My parents cannot decide whether to renew this year or not, both being over 60. A quick question for those of you who have not renewed, does this mean that you now have to live on a 90 day visa, and thus have to go south to renew or are you granted a visa without a specified number of days and not required to renew? Thanks in advance.

harita
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Question for over 60s not renewing residency

•   Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Post by harita »

No .. They are not putting anything on the stamp ..

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

They always put 90 days on our stamps but as we go South regularly we keep getting another 90 days anyway. I thought that the 'concession' meant that anyone over 60 who overstayed would not get fined but as we all know nothing is set in stone.

Loobyloo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Loobyloo »

Stopped doing residency 18 months ago, have not had any problems, occasionally they put 90 days on stamp but mostly not, go over quite regularly.

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

have yet to test it out, but haven't renewed this year!!

Bonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Bonnie »

From reading the many posts on this forum about this subject there seems to be no problems.
I notice however that the people that post state no difficulty in traveling to & from the South or leaving & entering the country.
How well would it work with folks like myself who rarely leave the country or travel to the South. Though well over 60 we prefer to err on the side of caution.
Renewing residency for the over 60s has been simplified, no hassle. I wonder why would it be simplified if it is unnecessary to apply.
Never at any time during the past 5 years have the officials at immigration pointed out that it's not necessary to renew our residency
I believe it to be a matter of personal choice whether or not to take advantage of the government concession.
Long may it last for those who do choose to take advantage of it.

pc4854
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Post by pc4854 »

Maybe Bonnie that's why it was simplified, make it very easy for over 60's to do, especially as they probably don't need to do it at all. The other matter of changing the rules to obtain a driving licence with only a letter and passport, would I suggest, lean towards making residency for the over 60's unnecessary.

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

I am still renewing until I have A stamp in my passport or documentation to say I am a permanent resident. Probably just do 1year and see if the white card ever appears. I don't trust anyone until it is in writing and even then!!!!!

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

I would still like to here from someone over 60 without a current residency stamp who has been involved in a a car crash with a local as to how well it went..... i.e. presuming they weren't actually to blame - were they were found to be not at fault by the police even though they were not in possession of a current residency stamp and had been in the north for more than 90 days.... Until the status is enshrined in law I'm not happy to go without applying for proper status.

mimi78
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Post by mimi78 »

Better safe than sorry .....

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”