•   Message 1 of 20 in Discussion

Post by WotNoDeeds »

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: From coast town to ghost town ?

•   Message 2 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

the usual hatchet job done on North Cyprus by the media and the usual headines "the Turkish Invasion of N Cyprus" It makes my blood boil!

Johnny Lee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Johnny Lee »

The Greeks have certainly had one hell of a propaganda machine, the rest of the world should know the truth.

Maybe reading the Genocide Files should be compulsory .

On a lighter note I think the buffer zone ,left as it is would make an incredible tourist attraction.

One of our close friends knows the pilot of the plane and told us the story of it's last flight.

Excellent photos .

Panchocat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Panchocat »

Get replying in the comments section to point out the errors of the Daily Fail!

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

I am sure somebody far more articulate than me could give the Mail a few home truths, Maybe Soner! Who lived through this as a child. It probably would fall on the deaf ears of the brain washed public. The World will never accept the reality of the truth.

nonna
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 20 in Discussion

Post by nonna »

dreadful propaganda ... just read the replies to this nonsense in the mail! makes me so angry

rosiesmidge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 20 in Discussion

Post by rosiesmidge »

what do you expect from the DM .... unbiased reporting, what gets me is that people read it and take it as gospel.

Philoz
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Philoz »

if you read the comments at the end of the article,you will see that the record is put more or less straight.

Makum
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Makum »

The Turkish invasion has a lot to answer for in the eyes of the world,and no doubt if any agreement is forthcoming with the south, the North of the island will have a price to pay for the Greeks attempt at ethnic cleansing. We are seeing Turkey dropping the IPC ball, the Americans only recognising the Goverment in the south, and the Turkish money tap being screwed tighter every day. Won't be long now before the spoon fed TC goes cap in hand to the GCs and sells his soul to the devil.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 10 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Makum, not sure what you are saying regarding TC having price to pay for Greek attempt at ethnic cleansing??? Would it not be other way round?

As for Turkey dropping TC, can't see this happening....blood is thicker than water.

As for article by DM... as expected from this paper. And responses, well, you can not teach an old dog new tricks - there will always be GC's and TC's blaming each other. Fact is GC's made a big mistake in wanting ENOSIS, in the end both sides lost - at least there is peace now and may it remain like that.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

It should be 'the UK and the rest of the world sitting on their hands' has a lot to answer for in the eyes of anyone with any sense.... As guarantors the UK failed miserably in their duty in the years leading up to 1974. however given the era we lived in and the religious prejudices that prevailed it's easy to see why the UK could not bring themselves to side with an Islamic community at odds with a Christian one - it was just not the done thing.. I hope that in these enlightened days the situation would be different - but then I'm not holding my breath.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 20 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

Groucho, the UK Guarantor Power in the 70s failure was not only religion-based, it was political. Just look at the party in power at the time and their political masters way out in the north east of Europe with a church so aligned with Greek-Orthodox religion/politics. It would be fascinating to get the UK Government's papers of that time to see why, who, when, what, how etc.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 13 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Groucho / Tomsteel, where is Prince Philip originally from? This may have also had some weight on the decision for UK not to intervene. Who knows....???? Just makes no sense that they did nothing as Guarantor.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Johnny Lee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Johnny Lee »

Ah yes Prince Philip, he also has Nazi Blood and I am fairly certain that in unlawful killing he is seen in a Nazi parade.

Hope I am not talking out of term, or I shall probably be murdered in a tunnel next week.

Sorry off subject but just thought I'd jump in with this one. Probably opened up a can of worms.

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

The problems started way before, with the Crusades . the romanticism of Lord Byron etc of the "Glory that was Greece" and Britain trying to use Cyprus to bribe the Greeks in WW1. Not to mention abandoning large chunks of its overseas colonies to "independence" at the behest of so called liberals without adequate protection for worse things that could befall the hapless populations than the British Empire! It should have been clear the Treaty of Geneva was not what either Greek no Turkish Cypriots really wanted, and would never work. Poor Cyprus (Greek or Turkish) has always been and still is a pawn in a much larger nasty political game

I was reminded by some Italians the other day , also that in 1974 the population of Greece was suffering under a military junta which was brought down to the relief of many decent people, including nationals of Greece, by the Turkish intervention in Cypus! Maybe continental Europeans have a wider overview of history than the insular British! I am suprised Turks and Turkish never seem to mention this in their defence.

eyebob94
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 20 in Discussion

Post by eyebob94 »

You need to get your facts correct, Johnny Lee. Prince Philip was a serving Royal Navy Officer during WW2, who saw action many times. How have you served your country?

ozonkoyboy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 20 in Discussion

Post by ozonkoyboy »

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, Earl of Merioneth and Baron Greenwich, was born on the Greek island of Corfu on June 10, 1921. Also known today as Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark, Philip is the only son of Prince Andrew of Greece and Denmark and Princess Alice of Battenberg. He has four older sisters: Cecilie, Sophie, Margarita and Theodora.

While not British, Philip does have family ties to England. Shortly after his birth, his maternal grandfather, Prince Louis of Hattenberg, died in London. Louis was a naturalized British citizen, who had renounced his German titles and adopted the surname Mountbatten during the First World War. Philip is also related to the British royal family through Queen Victoria.

On September 22, 1922, Philip's uncle, King Constantine I of Greece, was forced to abdicate the throne. The military government arrested Prince Andrew and executed the commander of the army and five senior politicians. In December 1922, a revolutionary court banished Prince Andrew from Greece for life. Philip's family went to France, where they settled in the Paris suburb of Saint-Cloud.

Philip was first educated at an American school in Paris. In 1928, he was sent to the United Kingdom to attend the Cheam School. In 1933, he relocated to a school in Germany, moving again to a school in Scotland following the rise of the Nazi party. Many of his family members remained in Germany, including his sisters, who married into German aristocratic circles.

After graduating in 1939, Philip attended the Royal Naval College, where he excelled. During World War II, he served in the British Navy, while two of his brothers-in-law fought on the opposing Axis side of the conflict.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination”

Johnny Lee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Johnny Lee »

Eyebob94, if you watch the documentary, Unlawful Killing, it shows Prince Philip in Nazi march, and also explains about the Queen Mothers close ties with Hitler. Ir also tells you what an extremely racist family they are.

I have no desire what so ever to serve my country , I do not like war or anything connected with it. Unfortunately out of the several millions of tax and VAT I have paid over the years , (and am still paying) no doubt a proportion of that has gone towards sending our youngsters into wars that we should not be part of and having their lives ended prematurely.

No doubt I would have had no choice to defend our country in the last war in the 40s but I was not born, however my family did their bit.

However I do totally understand that Turkey had no choice but to sort out the mass murder of their people by the Greeks.

I am totally off topic and apologise.

Makum
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Makum »

Makum, not sure what you are saying regarding TC having price to pay for Greek attempt at ethnic cleansing??? Would it not be other way round?

My fear is the voice of the TC is not loud enough and the truth of the Greek coup and Enosis never seems to be told. All we hear about is the Turkish invasion which is constantly pushed by the GCs it's a one way PR campaign that now
seems to believed by the whole world, due to this the North will always be fighting an uphill battle in any negotiation with the South,as the South will always get the sympathy vote. The North will never hold the the upper hand in any solution and the price they will pay for that will be being treated as a 2nd class citizen as they were prior to 74.

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

Prince Phillip, like the Queen herself and several other crowned heads of Europe is a direct descendant of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert (who was German). Virtually all the Royal Families of Europe, including Russia, Germany and Greece were interlinked by marriage considerably supplemented by Vicoria and Alberts' 9 children and numerous grandchildren, resulting in Queen Vicoria being called "The Grandmother of Europe" There was a fascinating BBC programme "Cousins at War" about it recently. The closeness of the familial ties between the Royal Families of most of Europe is demonstrated by genetic problems, including heamophilia.

I think the last truly ethnic British monarchs were the Tudors (Welsh) and the Stuarts (Scottish) and Im not sure about that.

Sorry ot, but its hardly a strong case for suggesting Prince Phillip influenced British Foreign Policy in Cyprus in the l950s, 60s 70s and now!

Sadly I think Makum is nearer to the point - the problem is the Greek's seem to have the better PR

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”