General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

The Dog Walker
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

electricity meters

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by The Dog Walker »

Although the house I live in has 2 separate apartments, it only has one electric, and one water meter. Is there any way I can have my own metre, particularly for the electricity -- if only to ascertain how much I have used, and should pay? If a separate meter is possible, do Kibtek have to be involved, or can an electrician carry out the work?

Aitchie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: electricity meters

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Aitchie »

Do you have your own dedicated distribution board (containing fuses/circuit breakers)?
If so then you could possibly have a secondary metering unit added to your supply, an electrician should be able to do this if you can source a meter, however the calibration of your spare meter would have to match the original one otherwise you would not get an accurate reading, no problem if you only want a ball park figure of how much you should pay.

The Dog Walker
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: electricity meters

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by The Dog Walker »

Thanks Aitchie, yes, there is just the one meter, which is by my front door, - a 'nearly' figure would be fine, just to give me something to go by --I wouldn't be able to pay on it, since there's only one inclusive bill.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”