Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Mozgor
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Flying into Ercan and out of Larnaca

•   Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Mozgor »

Hi

Does anyone know if there would be any issues for someone who entered Cyprus via Ercan, but flying out of Larnaca/Paphos as there would be no 'legal' entry stamp into the country?

Thanks

Moyra

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Flying into Ercan and out of Larnaca

•   Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

UK passport holders have done so without problems. No idea if non-UK passport though.

Mozgor
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Mozgor »

tomsteel wrote:UK passport holders have done so without problems. No idea if non-UK passport though.

Thanks, good to know. Does anyone know about USA Passports?

M

meldy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Post by meldy »

I think it is only EU passport holders who would have no problem with this, but I could be wrong! Better to check before booking.

Aitchie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Aitchie »

I would have thought that the process of you leaving TRNC at the border and crossing into the dark side on route to Larnaca Airport would facilitate an entry visa into your passport, or am I missing something here.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

Entry into 'the dark-side' from the TRNC depends upon where you cross (SBA areas - no GC immigration officials, only SBA Customs, or RoC), and/or the mood of the officials at the RoC crossings (personally, never been checked or given an entry visa once shown UK passport in 6 + years.)

Aitchie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Aitchie »

The point of this post is that the person involved is an American citizen and would therefore have to show some kind of legal entry document, which I think he should be able to get during the crossing into the dark side from the GC's (Europe), same as they would get crossing passport control at a UK airport.

aljanyoung
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Post by aljanyoung »

I had a Australian visitor a few years ago who did this. She had a very hard time at Larnaca being told she had entered the country illegally and was held by immigration who suggested she would not be allowed to board her flight. They released her just in time to get her flight out. She is a middle aged woman and was travelling alone, I am not sure if her vulnerability made her an easy target or if it is normal practice at airports in the South. She was very shaken by the whole thing. Perhaps a citizen of the USA would not be treated in this way.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

Suggest the enquiry be directed to the USA Consulate, rather than our amateur opinions.

BLUE BUTTERFLY
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Post by BLUE BUTTERFLY »

It is not commonly known but anyone entering the ''dark side'' can officially be arrested and imprisoned for entering the island by an ''illegal port'', ie ercan, even if you have lived on this side for many years.

They did this last year to 2 women, sorry forgot where they where from but obviously a country that could be bullied and not retaliate. Now and again they just like to 'flex their muscles'
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”