General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

roof carpet or similar

•   Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

We have an old house and have recently had railings put up on the outside stairs and some of the roof. The only thing that is not so nice now is the floor. We don't want to tile it as we are not sure about possible leaks. Our friend has had endless trouble when he had his roof tiled. We have put some stuff(Likit Membran) on certain areas, and for the last 10+ years all has been fine, with me renewing the bits that look suspect.
I quite like the idea of artificial grass, then you can remove it like a carpet, when neccessary. Anybody seen anything like it here??
I looked on the web, to see what it looks like and here is the link:

http://www.artificialgrass-direct.com/artificial-grass/

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: roof carpet or similar

•   Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Loads of it around. I want to do the same. When I cam here it was affordable now it is not to me. But there are plenty of outlets selling it. Not cheap, but very effective. I can find out more if you like, but hopefully others have more knowledge than I, but I assure you it IS available.
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

Smiler
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Smiler »

The Siba shop near the Bellapais traffic lights sells artificial grass but when I enquired it was about 20 Euros per square metre which I thought quite expensive. Having said that it is the good quality "grass" so you may be able to get a cheap but less realistic version somewhere else.

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

thanks, will go and have a look, next time I make it to our friends in Çatalköy. somebody also suggested China Bazaar, will check it all out and report back.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”