General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Large Parasol Repairs

•   Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

One of our large parasols has suddenly stopped winding up and down, so obviously the cord inside the centre pole has snapped (or something) . We need to get it repaired asap but unfortunately it is too long to get into our car. Does anyone know a company that would come and take it away for repair or perhaps even repair on site?

mickhm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Large Parasol Repairs

•   Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Post by mickhm »

did our easy peasy. get some thin paracord from any yapi market.yor can allow the cord to run down the inside of the tubes to connect with the winder (all comes apart with some hidden screws) then feed it to the parasol and through that. Tie it of and hey presto back to a working brolly.
As I got older I congratulated myself on my tolerance..... Now I realise I just don't give a "ooops"

muffin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Post by muffin »

Aladdins Cave on the main road to Catalkoy ( almost opposite the K Pet garage). He will re-cord umbrellas and its a very fiddly job unless you are a dedicated DIY person. Reasonable charges too.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Thanks very much muffin, we'll be down there next week. I read mickhm instructions and then looked at the offending parasol this end and decided our's is very much complicated (sorry mickhm)

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”