General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

terry2366
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Bye bye pigeons

•   Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Post by terry2366 »

Found some bird repellant like a silicone you put on in a line where they settle. They seem to have left immediately not a sign of them now just a few sticky feathers where they tried to land. One tube did the whole of the top of the apartment block cost 10 euros .

Rosehillgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Bye bye pigeons

•   Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Rosehillgirl »

Sounds great!!!

It doesn't cause harm to the birds.

Could you tell us where you purchased it please?

Cheers

Rosie

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Don't want to put a downer on the stuff and if it works for pigeons then great, but (and its a huge but) its going to affect other smaller birds who like to sit and take a bit of a breather. All the smaller birds in this country have a hard enough time from the so called hunters, they don't need anything else to make life tough for them.

Steve C
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Steve C »

Terry,

What's this stuff called and where did you purchase it from.

terry2366
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Post by terry2366 »

I got it in superstore in engomi next to carrefour 7euros a tube it's funny watching the pigeons doing the sand dance till they realise and fly off. It's sticky and a repellant the small birds here have not been near it.

terry2366
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Post by terry2366 »

It's called JT Eaton bird repellant it's in a white tube in the section with mouse traps and such make sure you cut the nazzle to give at least a quater inch wide layer of silicon

Bonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Bonnie »

I'm fond of birds & would never wish to harm them but the situation with birds mess on the roof terrace & balconies is becoming desperate.
We don't go over to the South but if anyone should see this product for sale in the North please post.
Meanwhile we have cut black plastic bags into strips and tied them to the railings in an attempt to discourage them.
There are many large trees in the surrounding area so why they choose to use our roof terrace & balconies as their wc is a complete mystery

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

They (pigeons) are largely cliff birds so your roof is the next best thing... I've brought the use of this repellent to the attention of Kuskor just so they can advise on suitability of its use here... being a major route for migrating birds en-route from Africa to Europe I'm sure we'd hate to be the cause of any additional problems for them

Bonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Bonnie »

Groucho, We don't have a problem with pigeons. It's the small birds but en mass they make a big mess & it's all year round.
We never got this much bird mess from the seagulls when we lived by the harbour in Devon

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

Bonnie wrote:Groucho, We don't have a problem with pigeons. It's the small birds but en mass they make a big mess & it's all year round.
We never got this much bird mess from the seagulls when we lived by the harbour in Devon
Yeah well we've invaded their territory so we have a penalty to pay.... however the repellent described by Terry needs to be given the all-clear for the wider bird population or otherwise we could be doing more damage than the hunters - God forbid!

terry2366
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Post by terry2366 »

I am surrounded by small trees full of small birds and regularly put out bread the small birds they seem to have no problem with it. The pigeons heve retreated to a small part of the roof where they cannot poop on any of my window sills,balconies or public places.i will look on the tube to see what is says about small birds

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

Terry,
I've sent the downloaded user manual for the product to the head of Kuskor so they can give it some thought... I'm sure it will be OK but these things are best researched before a real problem occurs rather than later.... Life tells that whenever man intervenes with the natural course of events - "ooops" happens - and then everybody says - oops!
I see that the product only lasts one year in 'normal' conditions (whatever they are!) so an annual re-application will be required.
In the south they are very superstitious about pigeons - granting them the status of 'angels' and getting very boisterous when anyone suggests action against them....

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”