General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

fine fly screen mesh

•   Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

Can anybody tell me where I can buy fine plastic fly screen mesh. We have seeral old windows and it's difficult to use the convetional commercial screens. We want to make our own, but can't get the material here in Dipkarpaz. Also what gauge should it be???

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: fine fly screen mesh

•   Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

Get eighteen gauge... sixteen is too big and will let sand-flies in if they are a problem in your area... Easy way to tell put an old-fashioned school ruler up against the mesh and count off the strands in one inch... if you put the mesh up against the part divided into sixteenths its obvious that the sixteen gauge lines up and the eighteen is smaller... Not sure where you buy just the material but I guess the local fly-screens makers would sell it. Tescomar in Catalkoy would be my bet but you may find one closer.

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

thanks Groucho, at least I now know what to ask for and if I can't get it in the Famagusta area I can ask my friend to get it for me.

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Post by PapaBravo »

Very useful information, Groucho - thanks.

mickhm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Post by mickhm »

I got replacement fly screen mesh from the large yapi market in Iskele. it cost about 5tl a mtr and is over a mtr wide
As I got older I congratulated myself on my tolerance..... Now I realise I just don't give a "ooops"

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

They do sell some here in Dipkarpaz, but not only is it bright green, the gauge is too big, I went and measured it yesterday.
mickhm, what did this stuff in Iskele look like please??
Last edited by dippersgirl on Thu 10 Jul 2014 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

black or dark brown would be better or light colour

mickhm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Post by mickhm »

Hi it is a dark gey type of colour they do verious widths and the stuff I bought was 5tl a metre. The yapi market is coming away from the market go straight acrosss the roundabout where the little church is and head towards the main rd where you can see 1001 with the big M sign. Avbout 50yds after the roundabout is a large Yapi market. The fly screen material is underneath the store so you will have to ask for iope this helps
best wishes
Mick
As I got older I congratulated myself on my tolerance..... Now I realise I just don't give a "ooops"

mickhm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Post by mickhm »

Hi it is a dark gey type of colour they do verious widths and the stuff I bought was 5tl a metre. The yapi market is coming away from the market go straight acrosss the roundabout where the little church is and head towards the main rd where you can see 1001 with the big M sign. Avbout 50yds after the roundabout is a large Yapi market. The fly screen material is underneath the store so you will have to ask for iope this helps
best wishes
Mick

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

that sounds good, I will check it out, thanks Mick

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”