Any rule or policy on topless sunbathing ?

General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

kiplet
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Any rule or policy on topless sunbathing ?

•   Message 1 of 29 in Discussion

Post by kiplet »

We were just discussing if any rule is in force regarding topless sunbathing.
We were just observing some topless ladies who clearly appear to be shocking some locals.
Any one know ?

kaiserphil
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Any rule or policy on topless sunbathing ?

•   Message 2 of 29 in Discussion

Post by kaiserphil »

Silly, thoughtless people, don't they realise where they are?

butterfly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 29 in Discussion

Post by butterfly »

muslim country. of course they are offended.

puppylover
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 29 in Discussion

Post by puppylover »

Totally agree with the last two comments......totally disrespectful.

We went for a drive last week and took the old costal road near Esentepe.
Wondered what a delivery van in front of us was staring at.....a couple lying on the beach (male and female) in full view of the road
totally stark naked.

Certainly not a prude, but show some respect.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 29 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Well as a TC I personally think it should be obligatory

elizabeth
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 29 in Discussion

Post by elizabeth »

erol wrote:Well as a TC I personally think it should be obligatory
Erol, you naughty boy

kaiserphil
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 29 in Discussion

Post by kaiserphil »

erol wrote:Well as a TC I personally think it should be obligatory
OK Erol, I will take my shirt off next time I am over there!

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

Not wishing to be racist, but some time back I was with a mixed group of Brits and Cypriot when a couple of very large middle aged Germans, both sexes wearing only extremely skimpy "thongs" which left little to the imagination, strutted by! All our group just disolved into giggles and the elderly Cypriot lady was laughing hardest!

Most Cypriots are very tolerant of this type of thing, but N. Cyprus is a multi racial society and there are a lot of Mainland Turks and other Muslim races (often young men separated from wives and families) who might be offended or mislead. Surely a bit of discretion about over exposure in public isnt difficult.

Munchkin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Munchkin »

See naked bodies all down the coast of Alanya if you don't like it don't look, simple.

journey1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 29 in Discussion

Post by journey1 »

You do not need a policy or a rule - just common sense - respect and don't do it in public places.

kiplet
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 29 in Discussion

Post by kiplet »

At least no one has yet asked for proof !! LOL

Witchy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Witchy »

I was totally put off my food, as was my husband and friends, when at The Cabin, Lapta a couple of 'older' ladies removed their tops and blatantly walked around topless. We did ask if they would put their tops back on as The Cabin was also a restaurant, but we were ignored and laughed at. I was surprised they were allowed to do this and equally as surprised that the owners of The cabin, didn't ask them to put their tops back on as well, or encourage them to move down to the beach rather than on the jetty.

Lor51
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Lor51 »

: Any rule or policy on topless sunbathing ?
Not sure, I always presumed that if in a Muslim country it was a rule, only going by living/visiting the 7 Arab Emirates and Qatar.
I know here and Turkey are more relaxed but at the end of the day it is still a Muslim country. My own point of view is that it shouldn't happen on the beaches and or public places. I wouldn't want my kids playing on a beach and seeing grown women walking around topless/naked and its ok, and then my little girl asks me if she can take her swimsuit off.
A lot of people don't have any common sense Journey 1 and that is perhaps why some rules or policy are made, its like the litter business on the beaches, common sense tells you not to leave it behind, but does it happen? Some people just don't think and don't have any respect for the place they live or the people that surround them. IMHO

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 29 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

I think it is inevitable that as tourism grows then the clothes will come off even more. Having spent time on naturist beaches myself I have no problem with it, in fact those that keep their costumes on are frowned upon. God made us all this way so why should we be ashamed of nudity? I admit to being surprised that it is happening here, but holiday makers who are used to Spain, Greece and even Turkey are highly unlikely to change their ways if they are only here for a week or two, and who can blame them. An all over tan is very nice.

dodger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 29 in Discussion

Post by dodger »

frontalman wrote:I think it is inevitable that as tourism grows then the clothes will come off even more. Having spent time on naturist beaches myself I have no problem with it, in fact those that keep their costumes on are frowned upon. God made us all this way so why should we be ashamed of nudity? I admit to being surprised that it is happening here, but holiday makers who are used to Spain, Greece and even Turkey are highly unlikely to change their ways if they are only here for a week or two, and who can blame them. An all over tan is very nice.
No white bits eh.

fincho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 29 in Discussion

Post by fincho »

I went to the Maldives and because most people were Muslim the hotels put cards in each room saying topless sunbathing was frowned upon.I did see a man who looked about 80 on the Lapta strip in speedos a permed mullet and creosote coloured skin last year.He had it going on!!Now that should be banned.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

If men can go topless then surely women should be allowed.... Not totally naked but but let's be fair about this... As it happens I don't like to see either sex walking around supermarkets in beachwear... no matter how fit they look! I know it's hot but no-one wants to see hairy oxters whilst perusing the fruit and veg! Or do they?

johnerebus
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 29 in Discussion

Post by johnerebus »

At the other end of the topless / suitable dress debate you've probably seen traditional Turkish or TC women sitting on the sand in 30C plus of heat under their beach umbrellas with maybe 4 layers of clothes including cardigans and headscarves.
This makes me remark to myself, "Phew! it aint arf hot mum." But it's not my religion or tradition and as Dionne Warwick sang, "Walk on By"

Mozgor
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Mozgor »

Witchy wrote:I was totally put off my food, as was my husband and friends, when at The Cabin, Lapta a couple of 'older' ladies removed their tops and blatantly walked around topless. We did ask if they would put their tops back on as The Cabin was also a restaurant, but we were ignored and laughed at. I was surprised they were allowed to do this and equally as surprised that the owners of The cabin, didn't ask them to put their tops back on as well, or encourage them to move down to the beach rather than on the jetty.

OMG, that is just out and out disrespectful irrespective of which country you are in. I had my days of going topless, but when I got up I always put a tshirt on, a little bit of modesty and decorum goes a long way!!

Moyra

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

There was a cartoon in one of the Turkish papers last year showing two women wearing traditional long skirts and headscalves on a sun lounger on a beach staring in disgust at the thighs of a well endowed lady next to them in a very brief bikini. The speach bubble coming from one of them was "Ugh look, nasty! Cellulite!"

Its all very well for golden youth, but I wonder if some of those of either sex who expose large areas of bare (and sometimes hairy) flesh ever look in the mirror!

puppylover
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 29 in Discussion

Post by puppylover »

Ragged Robin...........

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 29 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

I'm afraid none of us is perfect. I maintain respect for anyone providing respect is shown the other way. There are far worse abominations going on in the world at this very moment than exposing a piece of skin!

PapaSquidge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 29 in Discussion

Post by PapaSquidge »

Topples and shapeless people should not do it...what is it with the men though, brown, wrinkled, fat, no butt, over 50 and they parade around in skimpy speedos......bring out the sick bag.

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 29 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

I give up!!!!!!!!!

elizabeth
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 29 in Discussion

Post by elizabeth »

frontalman wrote:I'm afraid none of us is perfect. I maintain respect for anyone providing respect is shown the other way. There are far worse abominations going on in the world at this very moment than exposing a piece of skin!

I agree there are far worse things in this world than seeing a naked or semi naked body but as in all things there is a time and a place. If people choose to sunbathe topless then the beach or by the pool is surely the place, but to go in to a restaurant like that is just not on. There could be elderly people, families with children, and, in the case of TRNC, devout Muslim people who could find it extremely offensive, I know that I wouldn,t enjoy eating a meal looking at someone else's frilly bits.
By all means give people the freedom to choose to go topless but by the same token show some respect for others when you leave the sunbathing area and just slip on a tee shirt and shorts.

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 29 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

I agree with the last comment entirely.

bargainboozeandwines
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 29 in Discussion

Post by bargainboozeandwines »

since when has cyprus been a muslim country or do we mean we are in a part of the island that some people take for granted is the muslim part ?
mandarinorientalcyprus/

https://www.facebook.com/TheRedLionAlsancak/?ref=hl

Making Life Richer For The Pourer |:) (:|

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 28 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

Actually the TRNC is a secular state, though most of the population practice Islam.

From this thread it seems that the expat population is the one which is offended by exposure and there was correspondence a few years ago in an Eng lang. newpapers objecting to tourists wearing low necked dresses, sleevless tops, shorts etc. in St. Andrews.

Naturalism is a different issue: its normally practiced in select areas and people can chose whether or not to visit them.

But it seems that over exposure in public places is a case of exhibitionalim and whilst it may not be the worst thing in the world, it is a symptom of lack of thought for others. I also blame the youth orientated fashion industry: It is difficult for a older, and less agile person to find bathing clothes that allow freedom of movement but draw a discreet veil over some of the depridations of age in the middle areas

Im surprised no one has mentioned the health aspects: the "boiled lobster" effect produced by exposing parts cooler countries do not reach to strong sunlight reflected by water surely is attracting sun burn and sunstroke at the very least.

Ugur
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 29 of 29 in Discussion

Post by Ugur »

I know there are too much nudıst Cypriot...They choose silent beach especially..If you ll go to silent beachs(Golden Sand beach,or Dipkarpaz Beach) you ll never had problem...

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”