General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: water pipeline coming in

•   Message 51 of 52 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

PC4854, Ah, maybe missed the point there? Currently there is a standing fine of 500TL (plus or minus whatever the weather is on the day) for using the mains water to top up your pool, along with that is the curse of having your meter disconnected until you pay it and of course the cost of reconnection - long as a bit of string that cost. So if you use the mains water and thus deprive others of mains water because the majority of water is used in pools, then you deserve what you get - however, to collect the fine means GOYA for the local staff, so it is turned a blind eye to.
That means you pay around 50 Kurus a tonne for pool filling, when tanker water is about 6 to 8 TL a tonne - big saving over 50 tonne per year normal use! Good income for the tanker boy as there is no way to check how much he sells so no way to check his income for tax! Win, win all round but the govt could buy themselves a new BMW a week if they bothered to collect it!

Again I say that I am not picking on pool owners, just trying to point out that there is more than enough water here already if only it was used sensibly!!! Breaks my heart when I see the trees dying and brown people splashing around in 60 tonnes of water when there is a huge pool to the North of us, that God maintains for free - he even backwash's it twice a day by using the moon to operate an automatic tidal cleaning system................

Good grief, looks like I have gone green in my old age - I'll be hugging trees next - lol.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

pc4854
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: water pipeline coming in

•   Message 52 of 52 in Discussion

Post by pc4854 »

I totally agree with you Waddo. Me I disconnect mains water at the end of March until the end of October and run the house, garden and pool on tanker water and yes it does cost in the region of 300tl to 400tl a month plus the 15 tl per month that I pay Lapta for the right to remain connected to the mains during that time. I also agree that if someone pulled their fingers out and the system was policed properly, then people would not use the mains water illegally.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”