NTV problems again

Need advice on setting up your TV or Satellite in North Cyprus? Find out everything you need to know from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

elizabeth
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

NTV problems again

•   Message 1 of 26 in Discussion

Post by elizabeth »

NTV is unwatchable again tonight, trying to watch the news, or anything else for that matter, is totally ridiculous. Constant buffering every few seconds makes it absolutely useless, will definitely not be renewing my subscription, I might as well throw my money away.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: NTV problems again

•   Message 2 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Same here, crap, it always will be. I will certainly not be renewing my subscription with NTV. Totally unwatchable again! I have no doubt an apologist will on here soon, " problems with Turkey"
its not our fault, we trying to fix the problem, blah blah blah, same old boring replies.

foodie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 26 in Discussion

Post by foodie »

On the speed test I have done it says we have 16.70 mb at 7.30pm but I cannot get any of my usual programs through my computer. I have been trying 5 different websites. How can this be ?.

Hippocampus
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Hippocampus »

Same here. I have Multimax and XMBC box. Nothing watchable.

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 26 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

Below is a copy of my latest email to Turkish Telekom in Turkey, sent around 7pm on 30th March. We are no more happy to be in this situation than you are, but at this point in time with this sort of problem there really is not much we can do other then pressure the TTnet to fix their problem. If there was one other upstream provider to the outside world other than Turk Telekom, we would already made the switch but there isnt, our hands are tied, we have no other alternative, no backup option nothing. We only home that Turk Telekom's internet that they provide to us is good, which it mostly is, but just not for the past 9 days. We are hoping, as much as you are that they sort it out quickly. We have no option to suffer through this crises, you are customers and for some of you no explanation or apology, despite how honest and sincere it is, will be good enough replacement for you not having proper connection. And honestly, I really cannot blame you for it.

kbasat wrote: Sorunumuz 9 gundur devam etmektedir ve degisen birsey yoktur. 2Gbit olan hattimizda su anda 1.2Gbit civarlarinda sature olmaktayiz.

Bu surec icerisinde kendi musterilerimizden yasadigimiz kabuslarin uzerine birde sizin tarafinizdan gerekli ilgiyi gormeyerek, gerek sorunun inkar edilmesi, gerek hicbir sevap verilmemesi ve gerekse de sorun duzelmemisken duzeldiginin iddia edilmesi gibi hos olmayan bir surec yasamaktayiz.

Kibris ici ara hatlarla beraber ayda 50bin TL (sadece internet 35binTL) ucret odeyen bir firma olarak aylik 30TL odeyen bir ADSL musterisinin bile layik olmadigi servis kalitesinde hizmet almaktan, daha dogrusu alamamaktan dolayi buyuk sikintilar yasamaktayiz.

Sizden ricamiz lutfen elinizi vicdaniniza koyup, konuya hakettigi ilgi ile yaklasarak, ya sorunu nihai bir bicimde cozume kavusturmak ya da sorun egerki kisa zamanda cozumlenemeyecek kadar buyuk bir sorun ise, bizi adam yerine koyup konunun ne oldugu, ne yapilacagi ve ne zamana cozumlenecegini bildirmenizdir.
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 26 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

foodie wrote:On the speed test I have done it says we have 16.70 mb at 7.30pm but I cannot get any of my usual programs through my computer. I have been trying 5 different websites. How can this be ?.
This shows that there is no problem with the connection provided to you by Multimax. But we currently have severe problems with our own connection to Internet provided by Turk Telekom, as explained above.
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----

foodie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 26 in Discussion

Post by foodie »

So should the speed test not register zero then.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 8 of 26 in Discussion

Post by erol »

foodie wrote:So should the speed test not register zero then.
It depends where you test to foodie. If you test from a multimax connection to the multimax speedtest server then you should see normal speeds. This basically test the bit of the network we have built and control directly. If you test to any server that is outside multimax's own network (one that passes out of our network via our ttnet link) then you will see slow speeds currently because of the ttnet problems Kemal explained above. Hope that makes some sort of sense.

Navek
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Navek »

Problems here in Esentepe too.
Been trying various TV sites, some via XBMC.
Had been OK then the dreaded Buffering Gremlin struck.
Who's fault is it?
Too many subscribers is one possibility!!!
I'm getting 65Mbps over my home network Wi-Fi constantly too.
Unfortunately that does not boost the incoming signal.
Just got a text.
Now I'm up sh!t creek without a paddle n

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 26 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

Dreadful in Karsiyaka, but thank you Erol for updates. As you say just as frustrating for yourselves as it is for us, can imagine your phones non stop ringing. Better get my books out, although must say 2 thingsvreallybwanted to watch to ight. Oh well!,,,

Jonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Jonnie »

This problem is not specific to NTV, I am unable to even get I player, it is as Erol and Kemal say out of their control.
Some are wise and some otherwise.....

Bert
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Bert »

65 find that hard to believe

foodie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 26 in Discussion

Post by foodie »

Hi Erol,
as Multimax always recommend I use their speed test and now its reading 20.77.

Jonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Jonnie »

foodie, if you go to speedtest.net and test to the UK you will currently get something like 1.5. This is why the tv is bad. MM suply us with a service on the island, they suggest we should get speeds over that network, they then "plug" that into Turkey and most of the time we get good off island speeds. The speed MM asks you to test is to check the network they supply the suggestion to try an off island point is to show that the problem is with the service MM are plugged in to. If that makes sense

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 15 of 26 in Discussion

Post by erol »

foodie wrote:Hi Erol,
as Multimax always recommend I use their speed test and now its reading 20.77.
Yes we recommend that you use our speed test (do a speed test to the multimax server on speedtest.net) because this tests the part of the network (or internet if you prefer) that we, as multimax, have built and maintain within north Cyprus. As your results show that part of the network (or internet if you prefer) is working as it should and is delivering good speeds. The problem is that part of the network in turn links from North Cyprus to the rest of the world through a connection supplied to us by TTnet in Turkey (TTnet is the Turkish equivalent of BT in the UK - the former state owned telcoms monopoly) and it is THIS part of the network that has the issue - as Kemal has already explained. We pay TTnet large sums of money for dedicated capacity and we buy enough to handle the demands of our users. Unfortunately right now we are getting a mere fraction of what we have paid for from this TTnet link. That is the problem. There is no other provider we can use to supply this link to us in North Cyprus other than TTnet. We wish there was an alternative but there is not. As ever I hope this makes some kind of sense to you.

Navek
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Navek »

Hi Bert,
The 65Mbps is from my WiFi Network Router to
IceCube 2 Quad Core TV Box.
My Android phone is receiving 72 Mbps.
It's in line of sight of our WiFi Network Router.
The TV Box is getting a weaker signal
as it's not in line of sight.
Note, these are indoor network speeds.
Nothing to do with what an ISP supplies.
Navek
Last edited by Navek on Tue 31 Mar 2015 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

foodie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 26 in Discussion

Post by foodie »

Many thanks Erol, I do understand now. Lets hope it won't be too long until it gets sorted.

terry2366
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 26 in Discussion

Post by terry2366 »

Strange I player is perfect tonight.[/b]

Jonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Jonnie »

I could not get it and still cannot see message 11

To the UK Image

To Turkey Image

To Girne Image

This would certainly suggest the issue is between MM and Turkey

Xtreme512
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Xtreme512 »

TTNET is the only provider for ISPs in Turkey and TRNC, has no other alternative. If you search for TTNETs reputation in google, you will see any kind of curses and swears generally in Turkish though. They dont improve their quality of services, especially for global connections. So good luck for everyone out there coping with TTNET.

Btw for Kyrenia users, look at this and be grateful for your new Kyrenia packages , this is my speed that Im getting all the time (new Nicosia packages)

note: It measures 10.7Mbps in general but Im using routerboard and some scripts that I made, one of them is to limit speed to 10.0Mbps, thats why speedtest measures a bit less.
I Walk Alone

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 26 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

We have received an email from Turk Telekom that the problem is fixed. This is the third time we received such message in the past 10 days, we are hoping third time is the charm.

K.
-----

coffer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 26 in Discussion

Post by coffer »

Xtreme512 wrote:TTNET is the only provider for ISPs in Turkey and TRNC, has no other alternative. If you search for TTNETs reputation in google, you will see any kind of curses and swears generally in Turkish though. They dont improve their quality of services, especially for global connections. So good luck for everyone out there coping with TTNET.

Btw for Kyrenia users, look at this and be grateful for your new Kyrenia packages , this is my speed that Im getting all the time (new Nicosia packages)

note: It measures 10.7Mbps in general but Im using routerboard and some scripts that I made, one of them is to limit speed to 10.0Mbps, thats why speedtest measures a bit less.
This poses the question, why pay for different bandwidth when TTNET controls the network. If MM is providing a 20Mbps connection and it's choked beyond the TRNC. Where's the enhanced service?

Jonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Jonnie »

Answer the that one is I have just tested to Turkey at 18Mbps and to Manchester at 15Mbps

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 26 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

coffer wrote:This poses the question, why pay for different bandwidth when TTNET controls the network. If MM is providing a 20Mbps connection and it's choked beyond the TRNC. Where's the enhanced service?
It is true that Turk Telekom has the potential to be 'bottleneck' for all providers here. But this is not usually the case in reality. Even though all ISPs are all utilizing Turk Telekom Internet, the technology and investment behind delivering that capacity from Lefkosa Telekom to customers' houses in any location differs greatly and makes a huge impact on the level of service (speed, quality, etc) a customer receives.

Hope this explains things.

Kemal
-----

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Hector »

So what is the difference between a 15mb as opposed to a 20mb service? Does it mean less buffering when watching TV in the evenings through the internet? Do you get higher internet speed as a matter of course?

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 26 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

We have discontinued 15Mbit and 20Mbit packages as of beginning of this year.

The new packages are called Gold and Platinum packages. Packages are no longer differentiated by the maximum speeds they can achieve but with the traffic management policies they are configured with. Details about them can be found here: http://mmcyp.com/en/traffic-management
-----

Return to “TV & SATELLITES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”