Multimax wi fi problems

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Alt
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Multimax wi fi problems

•   Message 1 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Alt »

Anyone having connection issues with wi fi connecting in ozankoy/dogankoy area ?

Maisiemoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Multimax wi fi problems

•   Message 2 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Maisiemoo »

Have you tried switching off for 30 seconds? For some reason my Wi-Fi will periodically drop the connection but when I reboot reconnects again.

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 32 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

what did MM support say?
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Alt wrote:Anyone having connection issues with wi fi connecting in ozankoy/dogankoy area ?
Do you mean connecting to your own router via WiFi or do you mean that your MMX dish will not connect to MMX?

As far as ı am aware, MMX do not have any WiFi coverage, anywhere!

If it's the former, then msg 2 is your first option, just switch everything off for 30 seconds, including power to the dish and your router, and try again.

If that doesn't work, ring MMX...

Alt
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Alt »

hi everyone, thans for advice. did the rebootong stuff, but made no difference. however later on it connected without any further rebooting from me !

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

We lost the connection at about 11:00pm last night (Ozanköy village). Just put everything away and went to sleep.

When we woke this morning it was all back to normal.

It happens occasionally. Patience is the only answer!

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 32 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

Normally their service is very good but reported it down yesterday lunchtime, rang again first thing this morning then again lunchtime today. Now 16.15 still waiting for engineer & cannot get through on phone.
Getting fed up!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 8 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

ozankoys wrote:Normally their service is very good but reported it down yesterday lunchtime, rang again first thing this morning then again lunchtime today. Now 16.15 still waiting for engineer & cannot get through on phone.
Getting fed up!
Did you lose your Internet connection altogether?

The original poster seemed to be talking about a WiFi problem... - although people do sometimes confuse the two!

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 32 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

Yes lost completely have just received a reply to my email to say they are 'not coming today as they are too busy at this time of year & are doing maintenance on the base station'
I am absolutely furious that they did not give me this information earlier & have let me waste my time keep trying to find out when they are coming.
My previous high opinion of MM service is now rock bottom

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 32 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

No problem Ozankoy (so far) using Extend must be MM issue, has opposed to a ttnet issue.

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 32 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

MM drops out periodically, very frustrating. No real answer given. Now thinking of say, Nethouse next year as neighbour says almost no problems at all with them - same price virtually.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 12 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

ozankoys wrote:Yes lost completely have just received a reply to my email to say they are 'not coming today as they are too busy at this time of year & are doing maintenance on the base station'
I am absolutely furious that they did not give me this information earlier & have let me waste my time keep trying to find out when they are coming.
Oh dear, they're not doing so well are they? - and normally quite efficient!

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 32 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

Yes normally but they have lost the plot today I am ANGRY!
Will be causing a scene in their office tomorrow if they haven't been by the time I need to go out - just so happens I have an appointment not too far from them

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 14 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

They'd better get their Hard Hats on

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 32 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

Expect I'll get the Cyprus shrug!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 16 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

I hope not, for their sakes - I noticed that MMX founder Kemal has taken an interest in this thread - and he's red hot on customer service!

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 32 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

Keithcaley wrote:I hope not, for their sakes - I noticed that MMX founder Kemal has taken an interest in this thread - and he's red hot on customer service!

Nothing below top notch customer service is seen as accepted standard at MM. That being said, we do make mistakes, or urgent situations may come that may push us to reschedule based on pre-established priorities.

As a general rule of thumb, the order of priority is as such:
1. We deal with general İnternet problems first
2. Then we deal with general area blackouts or brownouts (partial loss of proper connectivity)
3. Then we deal with base station problems that affect multiple users
4. Then we deal problems of existing customers.
5. Only after that we go ahead and install new customers.

We do not know what a Cyprus shrug is, but we surely do not give any to our customers. We only provide high quality Internet connection. If anyone from the MM office has promised you a shrug along with your Internet connection, that is not correct, let me know and I will look into it.

MM support has been informed of this thread, and they will soon be looking into it with proper attention.

K.
Last edited by kbasat on Thu 26 Sep 2019 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 18 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

There you go - don't say I didn't tell you!

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 19 of 32 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

ozankoys wrote:Yes lost completely have just received a reply to my email to say they are 'not coming today as they are too busy at this time of year & are doing maintenance on the base station'
Having been a MM customer for 7 years and been satisfied with the service and support. However we have been very disappointed following a recent reporting of a fault.

Paid for internet service to be activated prior to arrival on island. Arrived late Sun 22nd to find no internet service. Reported by phone on the morning of Mon 23rd and after a few basic checks advised it was cable problem and engineer would come out tomorrow or next day (Or next day was worrying but this is N Cyprus).

No engineer Tue 24th. No updates or feedback received. As a back up I also raised an online fault ticket to escalate the problem. Midday Weds 25th called MM again. They said they would check and call back in a minute. Two hours later called and told engineer coming and would be with us later.Engineer and helper arrived late afternoon.

Onto roof new cable connected. Old cable removed from outside of property but could not pull old cable out of the hole thro brickwork into property. So could not thread new cable thro existing hole. Engineers start drilling indoors into newly fitted kitchen unit to try and extract old cable. Gave up on that and decided to go outdoors and drill a new hole in brickwork into property. Hole drilled thro external brickwork and into kitchen tile, made large hole in tile and cracking/breaking it. Cable threaded thro wall connected to router and internet service worked.

Engineers packed up ladders/tools and expected them to come and tidy up, seal and make good holes drilled and attempt to repair tile. Not a chance, jumped in van and drove off.

No attempt to make new externally drilled hole waterproof. No clearing up of the mess made outside of property or in the kitchen and no mention or apology for broken tile. Very dissapointing.

MM did respond to my online report of the fault asking if the fault was repaired. Needless to say I have sent an email complaining at the length of time to fix the fault, lack of feedback on engineer attendance and of course details of the poor workmanship and damage. The response we receive will determine as to whether we decide to remain as a customer.

For the first time In 7 years I am sorry to have to say we are very disappointed with the MM service.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 20 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

What level of Management did you lodge your complaint with?

Given the multiple failures, I would recommend going 'to the top'

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 32 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

Oh dear PID that is a sorry tale indeed. I am now into 3rd day & no engineers yet but rest assured when they do come we will watch them to make sure they do not destroy our house after your experience
I get the impression that Kemal's priority is Taskent Nature Park now & what an amazing achievement that is. However it seems the MM good service ethic that prevailed for many years has now slipped maybe management needs a shake up.
I also sent an email & although I did not like the reply it gave me the truth. Unlike the girl who twice promised to ring back & didn't & the others who said they were coming yesterday.
I wanted to make some phone calls yesterday afternoon but couldn't in case I missed them ringing. I would be much less angry if I had been given proper information.
Thanks Keith as always
Excuse any mistakes having to type on my midget mobile!

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 32 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

Just lodged an email as had so much difficulty getting through on phone
One of their auto responses did make us laugh though
'We are sorry you are having problems - goodbye!'

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 32 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

Update - MM rang 10.30 & advised they would come in 15 mins
2 very nice guys duly arrived, walked in & said ‘I think it is cable problem’ which they deduced without any inspection whatsoever they must be employing psychics now.
They fitted a new cable & I am back online - hurrah!!
Last edited by ozankoys on Fri 27 Sep 2019 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 32 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

ozankoys wrote:Update - MM rang 10.30 & advised they would come in 15 mins
2 very nice guys duly arrived, walked in & said ‘I think it is cable problem’ which they deduced without any inspection whatsoever they must be employing physics now.
They fitted a new cable & I am back online - hurrah!!
I am not an IT guru. However, I understand many problems can be identified within any IT connected system by the firm providing the service. Ergo, the technicians would have been able to rule out many likely causes of the problem before the actual call out and then to prioritize any other possibilities. The fact they identified and resolved the problem as their 1st priority leans toward that likelihood. Incidentally, did you really mean "physics" or was this a misspelling for 'psychics'? Not that it matters, MM have sorted the issue and you are now back in the land of the free.

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 32 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

Yes sorry I did mean psychics but they were just ordinary blokes after all using modern technology which is a bit beyond me at my age!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 26 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

I can never understand why they are so reluctant to send someone out to investigate issues - they seem to think that they can diagnose absolutely everything from their desk - and that if they cannot 'see' a fault from there, then no fault exists...and it just ain't so!

There's no substitute for 'boots on the ground'

If it turns out that the fault is down to something on the consumer's side of things, they only charge something like 50TL + parts to fix it, (or they did, the last time that I experienced it) and no one is going to complain about that, you just want it fixing!

helendj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 32 in Discussion

Post by helendj »

Have to admit I got fed up years ago with MM and their continued excuses. Changed internet supplier and not looked back.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 28 of 32 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Further to my earlier post, I have escalated the problems and poor service plus at the request of MM have also sent some pictures of the damage done.

Awaiting a response.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 29 of 32 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

PoshinDevon wrote:Further to my earlier post, I have escalated the problems and poor service plus at the request of MM have also sent some pictures of the damage done.

Awaiting a response.
It pains me to have to say this but after 7 years with Multimax and being a satisfied customer I am afraid that I find that there service has really deteriorated. Whilst waiting a response to my complaint submitted last Weds, we woke this morning to find no internet service. Of course these things happen so again patience kicked in and we decided to give it a couple of hours before calling. Prior to calling we carried out the normal checks that we knew MM would ask us to do.

11:30am - Called MM Service desk and reported that there was no internet service and no WiFi showing. After going thro the normal tests, turn router on/off, swapping cables, turning WiFi on off, turning power to antenna on/off. This did not fix the problem. Young lady said leave with me I will call back in 1 minute. Of course that never happened.

12:40pm - Called MM Service desk. The customer service representative answered and asked for our name. After a minute or so she proceeded to tell me that she did not have the name on the system. Of course I explained she must have and at this moment a colleague came on the line and confirmed my name and address. After explaining once again the fault and previous checks she then said wait one moment. She then came back on the line and said I have reset my end so please wait 2 minutes and internet will work. Of course my sceptics monitor was at maximum but much to our surprise the Internet did work.

However again the lack of call back, the failure to explain what the problem was and leaving the customer be there much in the dark is just a little more than frustrating. I will of course be raising this issue with MM if and when they decide to respond to my complaint from earlier this week.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 30 of 32 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Update: Now that a further week has passed by, I can now give an update following the early problems and challenges with our internet service.

Following the replacement of the external cable and the provision of a new, larger antenna on the roof of our property the internet service has now stabilised and improved. Multimax monitored the service and today I received an email followed by a call to check if fault had now been fixed. During the phone call we discussed some of the challenges we had experienced and how MM could do better in the future. There were lessons to be learnt and hopefully our problems will have helped to improve the service in the future.

During the phone call we also reached a fair and agreeable way for us to be compensated. The fault is now closed and I will say that I am happy with the contact and service from MM especially over the last few days.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 31 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Good to have an update and also good that it has worked out which hopefully can restore some faith in their service. Problems do occur but if they can be resolved amicably that is a sign that the Company are willing to try.

tylerbabe
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 32 of 32 in Discussion

Post by tylerbabe »

Has anyone tried Lifecelldigital from KKTCELL had a message from them 3 months plus 1 free 400 tl

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”