poor business ethics with multimax

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

poor business ethics with multimax

•   Message 1 of 19 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

Went for a price yesterday. 1 year 1650 tl. assistant said I was ok until Saturday. went to pay this morning. 1788. why was inot told yesterday that it was increasing yet again today. been with them for over 10 years.
Disgraceful attitude. and yes ... I am voting with my feet.
shambolic

tutor4u
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: poor business ethics with multimax

•   Message 2 of 19 in Discussion

Post by tutor4u »

Netflix is 28 TL per month + Digiturk packages https://www.digiturkburada.com/en/defau ... f=packages.

smiley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 19 in Discussion

Post by smiley »

Hi Susie

We would be interested to see which new provider you choose. We’ve been with Multimax for about 8 years, pay for 12 months but only use them for 5 months. Each year we have asked them if they have a better deal. They say it will work out at the same price, even though we are ‘cabled’ by them in an apartment complex.

Thanks
Smiley

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 19 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Sorry to hear that susiesusie. Multimax has always seemed to be very fair and I know there has to be a "cut off" point at some time or another, but not to tell you yesterday, that it was increasing today seems a bit and beyond to me. I wonder if Multimax are going to publish or text us regarding the impending increase?

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 19 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

smiley. Will let you know . just in case,multimax see this post . feel free to take your gear out after Saturday. thanks for your non loyalty that we gave to you over the last 10 years or so .

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

1788TL per annum = £20 per month.... This is very good value. Given the current value of the TL.

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 19 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

Groucho I totally agree... yes it’s gone up... they are still the best... get over it. Be interested to know who the original poster goes with.

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 19 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

Last year MM put the price up when the tl/£ was 8
They said they priced or paid in euro and that was the governing factor
They dropped the price after 6 weeks later as the TL/Euro went down

Kanonier
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Kanonier »

Groucho wrote:1788TL per annum = £20 per month.... This is very good value. Given the current value of the TL.
Excellent value, I would say. My UK ISP charges around £45 pcm, which fluctuates with the monthly inflation rate, the service is no where near as personal as MM.

kiplet
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 19 in Discussion

Post by kiplet »

I’ve been with Multimax for several years now...not needed to contact them for assistance very often but when I have found them to be excellent...
I agree they are not the cheapest, however in my case I cannot fault the service I get so I stick with them for a all round excellent service...

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 19 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

my post is,about business ethics ... giving a price and then charging another. not telling me of the impending increase. staff attitude in not even bothering to speak to anyone in the circumstances. quite,frankly thinking it was,funny. Any one can charge what they like. that was not my complaint.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 19 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

susiesusie wrote:my post is,about business ethics ... giving a price and then charging another. not telling me of the impending increase. staff attitude in not even bothering to speak to anyone in the circumstances. quite,frankly thinking it was,funny. Any one can charge what they like. that was not my complaint.
Surely your beef (complaint) is with the company concerned. Airing your view on this forum will not resolve your concern, however, it has highlighted a pricing increase most of us were unaware of, so thank you for that snippet.

Art
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Art »

We’ve had numerous internet companies over the last 10 years but Multimax is by far the best .

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 19 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

ok. now,switched to extend. time will tell. not in dispute that multimax were and have,always been good. just did not take to the attitude.
As a bonus. now paying 589 tl less with additional 2 months free.

gates
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 15 of 19 in Discussion

Post by gates »

Nethouse good 3months free 1250tl year you can turn on off as long as you have 3 months remaining . They called me said i could survive on there 10 meg so took it down to that started last year November dont need to pay again till june 2020 hows that for cheap

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Hector »

When, oh when, will businesses in NC realise that good 'customer service' is, in their own interests, a must and that customer loyalty is to be nurtured and maintained to continue a successful business? I write this having also just read a complaint about service from a Arcelik branch that reinforces my view.

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 19 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

susiesusie wrote:my post is,about business ethics ... giving a price and then charging another. not telling me of the impending increase. staff attitude in not even bothering to speak to anyone in the circumstances. quite,frankly thinking it was,funny. Any one can charge what they like. that was not my complaint.
Prices change all the time, in the markets, other shops, interest rates change at banks over time, exhange rates change at exchange bureaus.

We did not tell you one price and charge you another, you were told the current price and you were more than welcome to pay that price at that time.

If you were to come at another day, and the rates are changed, would you be complaining here if they were lower than what you were quoted a few days prior? Would you insist on paying higher rate that you were quoted a few days earlier? I think not...

What if you did pay, and than the prices dropped literally the next day, would you come and ask for a refund of the difference, if you were granted that refund how about another customer who had paid 2 days before price drop???

What is really fair when there is a price change? Nothing, there is absolutely no formula that would make everyone happy about it, whether its an increase or decrease.

We calculate our service prices based on our costs. Most our costs being pegged to foreign currencies, you can predict an increase or decrease on our prices based on how TL goes with most common foreign currencies.

I am sorry this has happened to you the way it did, I wish you just made payment the day you asked for the price. However there is nothing unethical or any poor business practice about what has happened.

Good luck with your new provider, you most definitely will need it.

K.
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 19 in Discussion

Post by susiesusie »

ok. I understand your reply. understand your way of pricing.
it would have been ethical to warn me at the time of enquiry that it could fluctuate at any given time . the assistant told me that I had 3 days to pay. what she meant was my contract had 3 days before renewal . !
no problems at all with extend since changing. and no luck needed.
!

cambridge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 19 in Discussion

Post by cambridge »

Had a problem with the Internet ‘ dropping out ‘ for brief periods. Phoned Multimax and after plugging and unplugging my two devices several times I was asked to leave it with them as the problem was not obvious. Very shortly received text message to the effect that there was some problem at my base station but would be rectified shortly. It was and I was more than happy with the polite helpful service I received. It’s not all about money, you have to factor in the service you receive. My experience with another provider was not good so although cheaper than MMax I have not regretted the move.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”