Kindle problems

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Kindle problems

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

Can anyone tell me if these is anywhere in Girne that can mend a kindle. I have problem and nothing on the amazonsite seems to deal with this. It is touch screen and is 6 years old. Is that old for kindle and need a new one, I have no idea. Th and you.

fatouche
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Kindle problems

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by fatouche »

Your apple tablet can act as a Kindle . It has kindle on thevapp store.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

My Kindle is a Touch 4th Gen and last week it just stopped working. The screen saver picture thing was displayed but nothing worked. Also the light at the base was on all the time - sometimes orange and now and again green? Tried to re-charge it but that did nothing. Shouting at it did not work! Leaving it alone in the dark for an hour had no change! Even put it in the fridge for an hour just in case - well you never know what works these days!

In the end I just sat with my finger pushing in the button on the base for around 30 sec's until it finally switched off.

When I switched it back on again it all worked just fine - beats me!!

The web sites I visited told me to hold the button in for 15 sec's - no effect. Give it a try, nothing to lose. Good luck.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

Thanks for help Waldo driven me. Bloody mad. Will try 15 seconds. At a I've downloaded it onto iPad, Aysha bought it for me and registered in her name. She pays bills on what I buy on books, so it asked for my email and password, put Aysha's on and says not recognised. Sod the whole thing will keep trying but as I said bought a couple of books today. You are all great kibkomers.

fatouche
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by fatouche »

I have a kindke but much prefer the feel of a real book.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

You need to keep that button pressed in for at least 20 seconds - the 15 second attempt is just not long enough. Mine went free and closed down again after around 20 to 30 seconds - don't give up!!!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”