Laptop Problem - Help Please!

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Laptop Problem - Help Please!

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by PapaBravo »

I watch TV via my laptop using an HDMI cable. Quite suddenly, I started getting audio through my laptop speakers, rather than my TV speakers, which is totally inadequate. Can anyone offer assistance?

greengate
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Laptop Problem - Help Please!

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by greengate »

I had this problem - Try unplugging the HDMI cable and plugging it back in again. if the problem persists it may well be a loose/faulty connection on the cable at either end.
The weight of the cable if it is left hanging (especially if it is a long one) can actually work it loose

judyvin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by judyvin »

This happens to me from time to time. It would seem that your sound has reverted back to speakers and headphones. You will need to go into your Sound settings on your laptop and select HDMI Out and hopefully that will do the trick. Judy

jimm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by jimm »

if you have just done the windows 10 update a lot of settings will have been changed automatically including some privacy settings so check all of them

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

Switch off and start again with the hdmi connected to the computer then click on the programe that you want to play te sound should come through the tv

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by PapaBravo »

Thank you to those who responded. I will now try and sort the problem using your suggestions.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”