Lap top expert required

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Lap top expert required

•   Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Hi,
My lap top will only fire up but wont get to the sign in stage, the "circle" just goes around and around. I took it to a guy who looked at it, its not the hard drive he thinks it could be the motherboard?
Its an Acer laptop about two years old. The guy near the Stroll in is away for a week, if there any experts out there who could have a look I would be greatful thanks. 0533 876 2204 I live in Ozankoy.

waterline
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Lap top expert required

•   Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Post by waterline »

I am not a laptop expert. My suggestion would be to take it to a computer shop in your area such as Boravin which is near the Pia Bella hotel.

I have been experiencing the blue screen of death recently on my desktop until someone suggested that I may have a motherboard problem. That is when I realized that I was overdue on cleaning my memory contact points as well as the slots they fit into which I find I need to do about once a year or so and that put me back in business. I just use a cheap alcohol as that is what I have on hand but I suppose a electrical parts cleaner spray would be more efficient as well as easier to use.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. (John Lennon)

CatalkoyChris
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Post by CatalkoyChris »

Yeah, quickest check is to remove the RAM and carefully clean the contacts. Replace with new if you don't mind a little expense.
Although, it looks like Windows is 'hanging'. Just leave it on a couple of days maybe it'll sort out whatever issues it has.
"Two heads are better than one!" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Thank you for your replies, very helpful.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”