Hotmail - help

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Hotmail - help

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

I think this is for techno people. Hotmail been down for 2 days. Been to all the help places but none of it makes sense to me. This also affects Outlook !!!!! All I want to know will it all right itself when they get it sorted or do I have to delete my account and start again. Didn't even set this up, my daughter did, she's in Uk. Hope this makes sense to someone. I'm livid.

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Hotmail - help

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

I think this is for techno people. Hotmail been down for 2 days. Been to all the help places but none of it makes sense to me. This also affects Outlook !!!!! All I want to know will it all right itself when they get it sorted or do I have to delete my account and start again. Didn't even set this up, my daughter did, she's in Uk. Hope this makes sense to someone. I'm livid.

paul90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Hotmail - help

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by paul90 »

Neither my Hotmail nor my Outlook have been or are down.
Can you give more details of your actual problem?

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by erol »

paul90 wrote:Neither my Hotmail nor my Outlook have been or are down.
Can you give more details of your actual problem?
Indeed giving more info would massively increase the chance of someone being able to help you. On what device do you access your hotmail account from ? Do you log in via the hotmail/outloock website or do you use a mail program (like windows live mail) ?

Anyway the first thing to check is that the account is active. Using a web browser (Chrome or Internet Explorer) preferably on a laptop or desktop pc go to https://outlook.live.com and try and log in to your hotmail account from there. If you can not , tell us what happens when you try - do you get any error messages or response etc.

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

Here I go. Up comes "password for then gives my email address. Put it in won't accept it, so last night kept trying to get new password then blank page comes up. Looked on sights where everybody was moaning the same thing. Same again although some people said deleted their account and started again. O idea of how to do this. My iPhone is ok. Hope that's some help.

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

The a little box comes up that says edit settings or cancel. Go to setting and where it says in red password, won't do anything.

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

Just done everything again they asked and I'm going. Thank you so much for trying to help. Spent 2 hrs last night no good but all of a sudden accepted new password. Please God I don't have to come back to trouble you again. Thank you Rita xx

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Rita

Seems to have been a problem with Microsoft's servers.

See here.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”