MULTIMAX'S CATCH 22 REFUND POLICY

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Dave G
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: MULTIMAX'S CATCH 22 REFUND POLICY

•   Message 151 of 168 in Discussion

Post by Dave G »

Roll on 1st March

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 152 of 168 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

WotNoDeeds wrote:If we had gone done the road of Multimax collecting their equipment early, or us dismantling the equipment and returning it to them, then obviously we would have made provision to get to Multimax even if our own vehicle was sold. In fact, it has only just been sold a few days ago.
And if you had accepted MM's offer to reduce their normal disconnection process time from 3 weeks to 1, and made any of the suggested arrangements for your internet connection for your last week here, could you not have made the same provision vis-a-vis transport?

I'm afraid it seems that any offer/suggestion which does not comply with your demand to have your MM connection until the last possible minute of your time here is disregarded - even at the cost of several hundred TL to yourself.

WotNoDeeds
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 153 of 168 in Discussion

Post by WotNoDeeds »

Not true, but you're entitled to your opinion.

WotNoDeeds
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 154 of 168 in Discussion

Post by WotNoDeeds »

Erol, have tried ringing you but you are obviously busy or engaged.

We have just had a 'phone call from a young man at Multimax saying he was coming to remove our equipment.
As you know, this was not agreed. We prefer to keep the internet until our departure even though we know this means not getting a refund. We did tell the caller not to come. Perhaps you could advise him of the same. thanks.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 155 of 168 in Discussion

Post by erol »

WotNoDeeds wrote:Erol, have tried ringing you but you are obviously busy or engaged.

We have just had a 'phone call from a young man at Multimax saying he was coming to remove our equipment.
As you know, this was not agreed. We prefer to keep the internet until our departure even though we know this means not getting a refund. We did tell the caller not to come. Perhaps you could advise him of the same. thanks.
Apologies, admin cock up on our part. When we offered the 'one week option' the collection on the 20th was 'pencilled in' and even though you did not take up this offer it was not then 'removed'. My fault really and I apologise. It has been rectified now, the engineer who called you has been informed that this was an incorrect job on his list for today.
Last edited by erol on Mon 20 Feb 2017 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 156 of 168 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Ragged Robin wrote:Yes Erol, you and MM , to my mind do deserve a lot of credit for addressing probems in public on this forum.
Thank you
Ragged Robin wrote: Unfortunately it is necessary because it is difficult an expensive to contact MM;s call system helpline by telephone and most, repeat most, of the responses are from someone who has limited English and stock replies tostock situations. For anything out of the ordinary I have to enlist th help of a native Turkish speaker.
I want to be very clear and specific here for this is an important point. Kibkom is NOT a valid means by which our customers can or should be seeking customer support from us, as some kind of alternative to contacting us in person, or by phone of by email, all of which are valid channels for such.

All of our customer service staff have some level of English and some level of Turkish and some of them also have some levels of Russian. If you contact us with a 'complex' issue and feel the language skills of the person you are speaking too are insufficient you can request that a native English speaker call you back and such will be done, though it may depending on circumstances be longer than hour between being told this and someone calling you back. If you require to speak to a 'manager' that also has sufficient English, this almost certainly will take longer than an hour.

MM has to date sought to do it's best to communicate and engage freely and openly and publicly with both customers and non customers on this forum, to and at a level that is in my view simply unprecedented, not just compared with other ISP's here in the TRNC or other 'large and successful' companies in the TRNC, but also compared with such anywhere in the world. We have done so despite such efforts often being seen by some as us being 'defensive' or 'aggressive'. This is another policy that as far as I am concerned will be 'reviewed' in light of this experience.

So let me stress once more as clearly as I can - Kibkom is NOT a valid channel through which MM customer's can or should seek customer support .

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 157 of 168 in Discussion

Post by erol »

WotNoDeeds wrote:Erol has stated that Multimax are intending to change the wording of their contract and we believe this needs to be done. An "unconditional" guarantee should not have retrospective conditions attached to it.
Again to be clear our refund offer has never been part of or included in the contract customers are asked to sign when taking up service with us. It is an offer that is offered 'above and beyond' these standard terms and conditions. The offer is on our website and it is the wording of this, and an inclusion of a link from that to a page to 'Full details of the refund procedure and any other restrictions to this offer' that I have now had changed (on the English language version of the site, Turkish will be done as soon as I have the translation text). I will also be reviewing if and where the offer may appear on any printed promotional materials we have and if it is, looking to include somewhere the text "Full details of the refund procedure and any other restrictions to this offer are available on request and on our website" in any such future material.

So the section of our website where the offer is stated now reads
refund1.JPG
and clicking on the 'available here' text in that (on our website - not on the screen grab of it above) takes you to the following page

http://www.mmcyp.com/en/refund-policy.php

We are also reviewing the entire procedure going forward and looking at things like can we offer an electronic transfer of refunds , possibly at extra cost and can we offer a 'priority de-installation process' again possibly at extra cost and other alternatives as well in light of this experience This review will take some additional time to consider and complete.

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 158 of 168 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

WotNoDeeds wrote:Not true, but you're entitled to your opinion.
I see. Well unless there's literally more to this than has appeared in this Forum (which is, of course, more than possible) we seem to be talking about "alternative facts" again.

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 159 of 168 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

erol wrote:
Ragged Robin wrote:Yes Erol, you and MM , to my mind do deserve a lot of credit for addressing probems in public on this forum.
Thank you
Ragged Robin wrote: Unfortunately it is necessary because it is difficult an expensive to contact MM;s call system helpline by telephone and most, repeat most, of the responses are from someone who has limited English and stock replies tostock situations. For anything out of the ordinary I have to enlist th help of a native Turkish speaker.
I want to be very clear and specific here for this is an important point. Kibkom is NOT a valid means by which our customers can or should be seeking customer support from us, as some kind of alternative to contacting us in person, or by phone of by email, all of which are valid channels for such.

All of our customer service staff have some level of English and some level of Turkish and some of them also have some levels of Russian. If you contact us with a 'complex' issue and feel the language skills of the person you are speaking too are insufficient you can request that a native English speaker call you back and such will be done, though it may depending on circumstances be longer than hour between being told this and someone calling you back. If you require to speak to a 'manager' that also has sufficient English, this almost certainly will take longer than an hour.

MM has to date sought to do it's best to communicate and engage freely and openly and publicly with both customers and non-customers on this forum, to and at a level that is in my view simply unprecedented, not just compared with other ISP's here in the TRNC or other 'large and successful' companies in the TRNC, but also compared with such anywhere in the world. We have done so despite such efforts often being seen by some as us being 'defensive' or 'aggressive'. This is another policy that as far as I am concerned will be 'reviewed' in light of this experience.

So let me stress once more as clearly as I can - Kibkom is NOT a valid channel through which MM customers can or should seek customer support .
Erol; Please read my post properly. I do not, and as far as I can remember have not, put my own problems and complaints concerning Multimax on this forum, but have of necessity found other ways to deal with them . I do occasionally ask for help /advice on computer problems but these are not necessarily ISP related. I think it is also perfectly reasonable to ask if others are suffering the same problems, so that one can if necessary exclude the ISP from the equation, and save the harassment and cost of contacting their helpline.

I am however very grateful to others who do air their problems here,, as it can help me as a tyro to know whether a problem is due to my own incompetence or if I need to seek further help or if I have to face contacting MM... ...

I repeat that I am particularly grateful to wnd for making me aware of a problem that I may well have to face in the future, and would have suffered shock if I had not known in advance. In fact in my view he did a public service bringing to attention something which obviously would have been kept hidden or been addressed. Multimax should be grateful to him, as their wording was definitely misleading and of dubious legality. It has also highlighted other issues that I was previously unaware and that I now know I need to look at when chosing my ISP next year.. as well as one (bank transfers) which is not only ISP related! It was particularly brave of him in that it brought down on him the spite of the Wolf Pack that hunts down and tears up what they perceive as weaker members of the community, and of the Witch Hunting Vigilantes who guard the sacred cows!

PS I have put my reply in colour to avoid the confusion that arises from multiple quotes due to the configuration of this Board.

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 160 of 168 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

WotNoDeeds wrote:Unfortunately we will not have the use of a vehicle on the 27th, having sold ours, so would not be able to collect a cheque from Multimax's office, so this would still not have been a feasible solution from our point of view. Erol has stated that Multimax are intending to change the wording of their contract and we believe this needs to be done. An "unconditional" guarantee should not have retrospective conditions attached to it.
Why didnt you sell your car with the condition that you keep it till 3pm of your last day on the island and give the buyer only few hours of timeframe to come and collect the vehicle?
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 161 of 168 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Ragged Robin wrote:
erol wrote:
Thank you

MM has to date sought to do it's best to communicate and engage freely and openly and publicly with both customers and non-customers on this forum, to and at a level that is in my view simply unprecedented, not just compared with other ISP's here in the TRNC or other 'large and successful' companies in the TRNC, but also compared with such anywhere in the world. We have done so despite such efforts often being seen by some as us being 'defensive' or 'aggressive'. This is another policy that as far as I am concerned will be 'reviewed' in light of this experience.

So let me stress once more as clearly as I can - Kibkom is NOT a valid channel through which MM customers can or should seek customer support .
Erol; Please read my post properly. I do not, and as far as I can remember have not, put my own problems and complaints concerning Multimax on this forum, but have of necessity found other ways to deal with them . I do occasionally ask for help /advice on computer problems but these are not necessarily ISP related. I think it is also perfectly reasonable to ask if others are suffering the same problems, so that one can if necessary exclude the ISP from the equation, and save the harassment and cost of contacting their helpline.

I am however very grateful to others who do air their problems here,, as it can help me as a tyro to know whether a problem is due to my own incompetence or if I need to seek further help or if I have to face contacting MM... ...

I repeat that I am particularly grateful to wnd for making me aware of a problem that I may well have to face in the future, and would have suffered shock if I had not known in advance. In fact in my view he did a public service bringing to attention something which obviously would have been kept hidden or been addressed. Multimax should be grateful to him, as their wording was definitely misleading and of dubious legality. It has also highlighted other issues that I was previously unaware and that I now know I need to look at when chosing my ISP next year.. as well as one (bank transfers) which is not only ISP related! It was particularly brave of him in that it brought down on him the spite of the Wolf Pack that hunts down and tears up what they perceive as weaker members of the community, and of the Witch Hunting Vigilantes who guard the sacred cows!

Your comment re wolfpack and witch hunting vigilantes is a little over the top. The majority of posts either in support of WND or MM have offered advice and possible solutions to the problem.

If anyone feels that a post is falling foul of the forum rules they should report it. Moderators will then review the post and come to a collective decision as to what action if any needs to be taken

PS I have put my reply in colour to avoid the confusion that arises from multiple quotes due to the configuration of this Board.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 162 of 168 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

Posh: It is quite posssible for people to be unreasonable without actually breaching the rules of this, or most forums. While I accept there were some that were intended as helpful suggestions., the extent to which people have been trying to tell wnd how to run his life, and the fact that nearly all the suggestions are to make life easier for MM which is a commercial organisation with all its advanta'ges, and difficult for a possibly vulnerable cusomer are disgusting and based on this and some previous posts the descriptions of Wolf Pack and Witch Hunters is if anything understatements and in fact I went to some trouble to chose them in preference to my original thoughts which would indeed have breached the rules!

I had actually meant to raise the following in a separate post but since you raised the issue : among other things there have been suggestions that wbd oInly wanted to keep the connection to watch TV. Now I dont know whether this is true or not and personally I think the extent to which people are tied to their TV is absolutely stupid! But providing they are not using the computer fo immoral or illegal purposes, it is their business and no one else's what they use it for.

Multimax made a mistake in their advertising which could quite reasonably lead peoople to believe that they could cancel their subscriptions without condition - which is was quite reasonable to asssume included conditions re payment. As a result a customer has lost money and been caused a lot of aggro. and other existing customers are still at risk. Is this fair. End of story.

btw I do not know wnd from Adam, but I believe in thinking the best in people until proved otherwise and the way his post are written - unlike some - are reason able and carry conviction. I also believe in making allowance for the fact that they may have problems I am unaware of and which they might quite sensibly not want to describe on this forum - you may think me stupid in this attitude (and it has lost my money) but I call in "humanity" something that has been mssing on this thread.

WotNoDeeds
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 163 of 168 in Discussion

Post by WotNoDeeds »

Thank you Ragged Robin, you tell it as it is.
l

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 164 of 168 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Ragged Robin wrote:Erol; Please read my post properly.
I did read your post and have re read it, more than once. What you said RR was that it was necessary for MM to engage with it's customers here as we do, something that no other company does or does to the degree we do, because of the problems you gave with contacting us by phone.

Anyway knowing my own stubborn nature and sense of fairness I will also no doubt be replying to some of the other points you have made but right now I have to get ready and head to the office for one of my 'official' working days and worry about all the other MM customers that may need help and assistance from me that have not posted on this forum.

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 165 of 168 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

Erol: Please try not to take everything so personally! (Yes I know to some extent that is the pot calling the kettle black - perhaps it takes one to know one.) But I still do not understand why MM are so deeply in denial, and need constant reassurance of how wonderful they are, rather than help themselves and others by accepting valid, constructive and well-meant comments and suggestions.
Like you I have a sense of fairness, and I dislike bullying and taking advantage of the vulnerable, and like you I find it hard to resist responding in protection of myself and / or others. However unfortunately also like you this thread has resulted in a lot of late nights and loss of sleep. Unlike you (I sincerely hope) I am not young and fit enough to risk continued sleep deprivation without very serious consequences to my fragile health. I will therefore not be reading this thread in future so please do not waste time responding. I leave with the added worry that if I have to return to the UK for health reasons I face an added hurdle to overcome!

wnd: Thank you for your kind words. Unfortunately "telling it as it is" does not seem to get one anywhere on this forum other than to attract vitriolic comments (Erol-that was NOT meant for you). I don't think we have ever met but I admire your persistence in pursuing this matter and hope it will benefit others by a clarification of the ambiguity, and also your restraint in not responding to nasty comments with like. I hope you and yours will be happy in your new life, and you will take with you at least some happy memories of Northern Cyprus and not let this rather nasty experience spoil them

Can you let me know on a separate thread if you do achieve some last minute compromise?.

Over and out

WotNoDeeds
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 166 of 168 in Discussion

Post by WotNoDeeds »

Ragged Robin, thank you for your good wishes. The last few weeks have been hectic, not helped by the fact that my partner fractured her wrist although received great treatment at Girne hospital. We've been here a good many years and have many happy memories. We hope bad health will not mean you have to leave too soon. "A last minute compromise" would be good but we're not holding our breath but, watch this space you never know!! We'll certainly keep you informed. Over and out.....

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 167 of 168 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Perfect! The pet hate of all Military communicators:

There is a lot of confusion about this out there. 'Over' and 'Out', when used correctly, cannot coherently be used together. 'Over' means that you have finished sending your message and are waiting for the other person to reply to you. You expect a response - the conversation is not concluded.
'Out' however, means that you have finished sending your message and do not require/are not waiting for a response - you no longer wish to talk to that person.
Using these together basically means "Message finished, I both am and am not waiting for you to answer me".

So, that's the end of this thread then - well at least between WND and RR - lol.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 168 of 168 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

waddo wrote: So, that's the end of this thread then - well at least between WND and RR - lol.
Deo Gratias

Waiting. Out.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”