Problems with STB!!!! What is this?

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

muffin1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Problems with STB!!!! What is this?

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by muffin1 »

Have just spent a very frustrating three quarters of an hour online to NTV to try to resolve this. Unable to get rid of the error message in order to update the MAG250 box. About to dump the whole system in the BIN!!!!

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Problems with STB!!!! What is this?

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

Earlier in the day I put post on which I ask if Ntv mag boxes have to be updated as states on Ntv website, or being with MM does it make a difference. Never heard of STB so at moment I cannot help you nor has anybody replied to my post. I'll keep you in mind if I get help. Good luck on your posting.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Rita, STB is short for 'Set Top Box' - e.g. any box - either MAG or Android, or whatever that can be plugged into a TV.

The 'Set Top' part of the description is rather out of date nowadays, as most TV sets are too narrow to balance anything on the top! - but the traditional name is still used.

I don't have a MAG box, so I can't help you with that part - I use a NTV add-on for Kodi, which will apparently be able to **record** once the new system has been tested and passed - I'm looking forward to that!

Keep us posted on how you get on...

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

I had to update our mag box this evening so I'm guessing it will be necessary for most people. NTV have excellent instructions on their web page and even videos for those who need them!

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

Thank you for letting me know, friend coming on Thursday so if I cannot do it "know someone who can". You are very helpful kibkomers.

NorthCyprusLife
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by NorthCyprusLife »

Believe that NTV have advised who really really really just cannot do the recent update, to take the box to Multimax who will do you a favour and do it for you....... but don't hassle them for its return, it will be done when they have time and you will receive a call once its done.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”