Problems again with MM

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

elizabeth
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Problems again with MM

•   Message 1 of 22 in Discussion

Post by elizabeth »

What ever is going on here, speeds are up and down like a lavatory seat. Lately I have been getting speeds between 1 and 2, if we're lucky. When I contact MM they say yes you have a problem, then the speed increases dramatically, but the following day it starts all over again. When is somebody going to let us know what is going on, or give us a reason instead of an excuse.

At the moment I am getting 0.68 download and 1.36 upload, it is not acceptable.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Problems again with MM

•   Message 2 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Are you performing the speed test on a device that is plugged directly onto the incoming MM cable?

If so, tell them that there is definitely a fault with your installation or location, and tell them to fix it!

If you are performing the test via a router or via wifi, then you need to unplug the MM cable from the router, and plug it into your laptop or whatever you're using to do the test, and try again - if that corrects the speed, then the problem is likely to be with your own eqipment / installation rather than with MM's.

elizabeth
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 22 in Discussion

Post by elizabeth »

The problem is with MM, I have been speaking to them, in fact have just this minute spoken with them and they have told me that the problem is with the base station, and apparently has been for the past three days. I have contacted them on all of those three days and he ho, now they have found the problem, one has to wonder just what sort of service we are paying for.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

elizabeth wrote:The problem is with MM, I have been speaking to them, in fact have just this minute spoken with them and they have told me that the problem is with the base station, and apparently has been for the past three days. I have contacted them on all of those three days and he ho, now they have found the problem, one has to wonder just what sort of service we are paying for.
I'm glad that they've found the cause of your problem. Having spent the best part of a lifetime doing it, I know that tracking down faults which come and go can be a nightmare, so it's good that they've got yours sussed

Edremit Eggs
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Edremit Eggs »

The problem with Mulitmax is that the following word always comes to mind "Jackanory"

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Edremit Eggs wrote:The problem with Mulitmax is that the following word always comes to mind "Jackanory"
I don't understand!

Please explain

Edremit Eggs
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Edremit Eggs »

Keithcaley wrote:
Edremit Eggs wrote:The problem with Mulitmax is that the following word always comes to mind "Jackanory"
I don't understand!

Please explain
It was a program that told Fairy Stories.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 8 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Edremit Eggs,

I'm intrigued - what exactly have MM told you personally that was inaccurate or untrue?

Times and dates would help!

Edremit Eggs
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Edremit Eggs »

Sorry Keith, I know your there main agent and spokes person on Kibkom.

But what went on with MM and my family during the last three years is personal.

It dosen't only include there poor service.....

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 10 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

So you're happy to be known as a person who makes unspecific innuendoes on a public forum, but then refuses to back it up?

Would you be as happy if I started making, in public, a few veiled suggestions about your background or misdeeds, but shied away from providing concrete proof?

My advice to you is, that if you have an issue with a person or a Company, sort it out with them directly - don't try to use a public forum to spread your poisonous unfounded allegations.

For one thing, you could find yourself banned! - or Sued for defamation.... OR Both!

Edremit Eggs
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Edremit Eggs »

Keithcaley wrote:So you're happy to be known as a person who makes unspecific innuendoes on a public forum, but then refuses to back it up?

Would you be as happy if I started making, in public, a few veiled suggestions about your background or misdeeds, but shied away from providing concrete proof?

My advice to you is, that if you have an issue with a person or a Company, sort it out with them directly - don't try to use a public forum to spread your poisonous unfounded allegations.

For one thing, you could find yourself banned! - or Sued for defamation.... OR Both!
Just to let you know Keith Multi Max were spoken to on many occasions and were unable to solve my problem.

As for being Sued for defamation, I had forgot that as well as everything else your an expert on Turkish Law.

I will not post any more on this subject as I find the responses a little SAD !!!!!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 12 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Edremit Eggs wrote:...Just to let you know Keith Multi Max were spoken to on many occasions and were unable to solve my problem...
So was your problem anything at all to do with Multimax?

Or was it due to your own equipment, or the manner in which it was installed or in which you were operating it?

The bald statement that 'they were unable to solve my problem ' tells us absolutely nothing, and seems to imply to me that you are being less that forthcoming - what are you not telling us?

Has someone else solved 'the problem' since then? - Was it anything to to with Multimax's provision of Internet Service?

blueparrot
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 22 in Discussion

Post by blueparrot »

MM installed my broadband at end-September. Since then, I've had several dropped connections every day.

An MM engineer returned yesterday. Said the previous engineers had not closed the cover of the roof antennae, so there was water in it. He replaced the antennae.

Still having multiple dropped connections. Have powered down and up again several times (both router and devices). Have also informed MM, who say they will call me back.

I never try to stream TV or do gaming, watch videos, etc, at any time of day. My service would never support that. I just want basic broadband to be more reliable.

I have to use WiFi as my devices do not have ethernet ports. My laptop is very close to the router, e.g. 5 inches away.

In case it matters: I'm in Lapta, mountain side, near coast road, behind Wild Duck.

I hope I have given full information. If any IT-savvy person has any suggestions re what to try next, I would appreciate it. I will of course keep chasing MM. Many thanks.

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 22 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

Love those who say "have you rang MM" yes but only get "our people are bust" doesn't matter how many times I ring always busy. Now 7.50 haven't had internet for about three quarters if an hour. If you look back at my remarks I've been very supportive of them, but now about 2 months in enough is enough. Gone onto Ntv site and all I get is when the football is on.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 15 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

blueparrot,

I would suggest keep chasing MM and report back if you don't get a satisfactory response.

It seems to me, from what you've said, that you have done everything that could be expected of a normal client.

MM really need to find out what is the cause.

I recommend MM, on the basis of their (so far, in my experience) excellent service and diagnostic ability.

If they fail to live up to that, then my attitude may well change! - but I do need facts!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 16 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

rocking wrote:Love those who say "have you rang MM" yes but only get "our people are bust" doesn't matter how many times I ring always busy. Now 7.50 haven't had internet for about three quarters if an hour. If you look back at my remarks I've been very supportive of them, but now about 2 months in enough is enough. Gone onto Ntv site and all I get is when the football is on.
Hi Rita!

Don't forget that you can also report faults via the on-line facility or via email...

I don't know that I really understand the last part of your post - are you saying that you can only watch NTV when the football is on - or that you can only watch the channels that the football is on? - Most complaints seem to be the opposite, i.e. that the TV goes off when the football comes on!

Do you only have NTV (i.e. via a MAG box) or can you watch ordinary 'live TV' via filmon etc..? - and, if so, what's it like?

elizabeth
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 22 in Discussion

Post by elizabeth »

It's pretty difficult trying to email or use online support if you have no internet

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 18 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

elizabeth wrote:It's pretty difficult trying to email or use online support if you have no internet
LOL

Agreed, but most complaints seem to be about TV pausing / freezing, not an absolute loss of internet.

Generally speaking, if you have no internet connection at all, and you can't get through on the 'phone, because the switchboard is jammed with calls, then it's a fair bet that it's a general fault, and everyone and his wife are ringinging up about it...

Time to get a DVD or a book out!

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 22 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

@blueparrot: can you please PM me your real name so I get your situation investigated.
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

blueparrot
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 22 in Discussion

Post by blueparrot »

Thank you so much, kbasat. I have sent you a PM.

elizabeth
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 22 in Discussion

Post by elizabeth »

Credit where it's due, MM have finally sorted out my problems and for now everything is up and running again. Many thanks to Rachel at MM for her help and professionalism.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 22 of 22 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

elizabeth wrote:Credit where it's due, MM have finally sorted out my problems and for now everything is up and running again. Many thanks to Rachel at MM for her help and professionalism.
Hi, as a matter of interest, did they tell you what was the cause of the problem, and why it took so long?

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”