Have lost iPlayer

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Have lost iPlayer

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

I can get iPlayer Radio but thats all. I noticed it first on my Kidlefire on Saturday when the black and white BBC media Icon had changed very slightly. The BBC Media Homepage was unrecognisable from a week before and iPlayer had disappeared from the menu. Now I can just get iPlayer Radio on PC and laptop but thats all. I just get message "iPlayerTV is not available outside of the UK.". It can't just be me, or is it??

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Have lost iPlayer

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

Have a look here, but basically it's part of the crackdown to stop non-licence holders and "foreigners" watching BBC (copyrighted) material.
If you use a VPN to create the impression that you are (logging in) in the UK, it may still be possible, but there are no doubt steps being taken to block it even further.... There has been suggestions that people would have to log in to iPlayer by quoting their TV licence number, which would then be checked against a database, but there could be problems with that system...

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

About 6 weeks ago it asked if I had a TV licence. I clicked on YES because we do in the UK.!!

Maisiemoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Maisiemoo »

My BBCiplayer is working fine through my Surfeasy VPN, it's ITV hub I'm having problems with, can't play anything at all through Catchup.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

sophie, just install the MM VPN, - if you're not sure how to, just ask the nice MM technician to do it when he comes to move your cable

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

I have just realised that will probably help and know how to do it. (Actually I have it on already!!) However I can't figure out how to do it on the Kindle.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”