NTV dropping out all the time

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Caveboy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

NTV dropping out all the time

•   Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Caveboy »

Is anyone else having constant drop out with NTV ??

They say via their help support that I should update my Adobe Acrobat...so having done that it keeps dropping out and saying that "Silverlight" is unavailable... so what next ?? Short of throwing throwing the laptop through the window !!!

I have updated the necesaary readers and checked on firefox that they are both current .

HELP !!

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: NTV dropping out all the time

•   Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Having the same problem as you, been like it for nearly a week. Yesterday TV was virtually unwatchable. One second off, one second on. Today its more like 5 mins on and 1 minute off. Either way it drives us mad. Been doing speed tests which have gone from 5.04 download to 26.35download would you believe.!!! Either way it should be more than OK.

Caveboy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Caveboy »

For the last few weeks,I have not been able to load any channels from NTV,I can log in fine and select the Multimax option,but every channel times out after 30 seconds....tried the online help,no joy...

Any ideas folks ???

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Morning all!

I don't watch a lot of 'live' TV, because of the 3 hour time difference - I tend to fall asleep and miss the ends of programmes...

One thing that I do watch 'Live' is the Breakfast News in the morning, and this morning I found that NTV (using the 'free' MM channels) was doing just as you all describe - and more! CNN kept repeating short segments, which was amusing for a (short) while before freezing, and BBC kept dropping out, back to the menu screen

The TV in the kitchen is connected to a Raspberry Pi running a version of KODI, so it seems that all 'platforms / devices' are affected, and when I gave up and switched to FilmOn (or rather confusingly, 'NotFilmOn' ) I could watch the news uninterrupted - although not CNN of course.

So, it looks like an NTV issue, which is no surprise, given the reports over the last few months, I don't know what to suggest, other than you all bombarding them with complaining emails demanding a refund!

Good luck with that....

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

I get in touch with ntv daily and get the same response (boring) that the programme I am telling them is freezing I get told they will check and after 5 minutes tell me it is fine at their end so it looks like I have nowhere else to go bcos my ping tells me that I am getting over 8mbps

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

I'm afraid that it doesn't look good for the future of NTV if they don't get this sorted out in the near future...

We know that any company can have problems, but it's what they do about it that matters, and given that there are perfectly good alternatives available for free (once you've paid for equipment & internet, that is ) I can't see them retaining much of their customer base in TRNC if it carries on like this.

It may be totally beyond their control, but if that is the case, then they should say so!

Of course, given our geographical location and the current political status of TRNC, TV via the internet will continue to be somewhat liable to interuption making the '24 hour timeshift option' a viable alternative, by which I mean downloading programmes overnight and then watching them at a time of your choice the next day...

... OR ... going for Satellite, which is more consistent and reliable, albeit with a little less choice, and rather more expense...

Who knows - perhaps there'll be a settlement, and then it will be 'All Change', and a new set of options...

Just don't hold your breath!

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

I don't know about the rest of you but when I used to use the live chat facility on NTV there was a very pleasant person who went out of his way to be helpful and get things sorted. Lately he doesn't appear to be there but a new individual who is, to say the least, not helpful and trying to be very techy and obtuse. Several times I've closed the live chat with him before I got unpleasant. As said above they need to up their game if they are to survive. Strangely ours is running ok this morning.

Lodger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Lodger »

Laura B wrote:I don't know about the rest of you but when I used to use the live chat facility on NTV there was a very pleasant person who went out of his way to be helpful and get things sorted. Lately he doesn't appear to be there but a new individual who is, to say the least, not helpful and trying to be very techy and obtuse. Several times I've closed the live chat with him before I got unpleasant. As said above they need to up their game if they are to survive. Strangely ours is running ok this morning.
Why don't people look for an alternative ?

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

Are you suggesting an alternative Lodger?

cornishoggy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

Post by cornishoggy »

I hope I am not tempting fate,but my NTV is working perfectly, I live at Bachelli and since the recent update
just before early December,it's worked better then ever. Could it be a provider problem ? I am nooooo
Techie

Caveboy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Caveboy »

I tried using microsoft edge and NTV works fine now !

Becker
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Becker »

The problem is your internet supplier.

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

Thank you for your in-depth reply Becker. I assume you have not read all the threads on this problem. If the answer was this simple I think most of us would have sorted it out by now.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

My NTV was unavailable all day yesterday - frightened me as a SuperBowl fan I started to panic!!!! However, I also have IPTV and that worked fine, little bit of buffering from the USA TV sites but no problems, strange as when NTV works well my IPTV is normally not so good. Anyway, tried NTV again this morning with everything crossed for watching very early tomorrow morning and NV is back up and running just fine. Guess the problem was as described by Multimax text and caused by the Turkish telecom system.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”