Filmon crap !

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Doubtful George
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Filmon crap !

•   Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Doubtful George »

I think with the demise of Dave from Filmon and now today the restrictions of no football what is the point of these android boxes unless anyone knows any different ! what a load of toot and if your business depends upon them !!! sorry mines going in the bin.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Filmon crap !

•   Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Doubtful George,

Have you never heard of Kodi (formerly XBMC)?

If your experience of Android boxes has been limited to Filmon, then you have been sorely deprived!

Search this forum - using the built in search facility - for NAVEK's thread on the delights of installing Kodi, and all its add-ons...

Prepare to be introduced to a whole new world!

You don't need any technical knowledge, just the ability to read, and to follow instructions!

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

We use Kodi app mainly for films..... does the job. We use Modbro app for sports, this includes all Sky Sports, BT Sport and much more. Modbro also offers other tv programmes. We also use Filmon for the rest which includes all UK TV channels, european and lots of others. Plus also i player, you tube and more for other stuff. As a fallback we also download programmes to watch later. We stream from tablet via chromecast to our tv....again it works well.

We have internet package of up to 5Mb, then use the apps as mentioned above on our tablet which we then cast (Stream) to a chromecast dongle which fits into the back of our tv. The cost is for the internet service, plus the chromecast dongle (Approx £35). There is no subscription for chromecast. As I have mentioned before it works 95% of the time, of course no internet means no tv!

We are not avid tv watchers in the summer but have used this set up to watch the Euro football, Rugby and last night the Celebrity Bake Off and BBC news.

All in all a cheap and cheerfull way of watching programmes. Of course may not be a solution for everyone but for us it is easily good enpugh to meet our needs.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

MoonageDaydream
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Post by MoonageDaydream »

Its not FilmOns fault.
Some of the broadcasters are trying to get ISPs to pull the service. `ve just watched the whole of the Ireland Italy game on my box, and my wife watched another channel on her tablet computer. Neither of us had any problems. However, a friend of mine in Paralimni couldn`t access it last week.

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

Very impressed with Kodi; I'd heard of it (and its predecessor, XBMC), but never any experience until a neighbour (in Cyprus) recommended a "TV box" that uses this - having found this to be very versatile and effective, with a wide variety of TV channels and films, I have now installed it on my laptop at home in the UK and find it just as good - with various add-ons, I can even watch a Vietnamese TV channel! (But it doesn't have subtitles.... )

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

As you may have gathered from the preceeding comments, the KODO / XBMC software can run on almost any operating system - it seems to be most popularly used on Android boxes because they are so cheap and plentiful, and if you use an Android box for watching TV, it means that you are not tying up your PC or tablet computer for that purpose - which is more convenient if another Family member wants to use that piece of kit...

I've actually got Kodi running on 'phone, Tablet, Android boxes, Linux, and 3 x Raspberry Pi(s)! - and can watch virtually any TV programme or Film from anywhere in the World of just about any age, which goes to show that it's not the device that governs which programmes that you can watch, it's the software and addons that you choose to install...

Don't chuck your Android box in the bin, get some useful software installed on it!

scaffman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Post by scaffman »

HI IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT WOULD COME AND SHOW ME HOW TO INSTALL KODI ON MY ANDROID BOX .I AM A CRETIN WHEN IT COMES TO MODERN DAY TECH.THANKS.

gates
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Post by gates »

just do film on on your laptop I do no problems

jllvehdist
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Post by jllvehdist »

gates wrote:just do film on on your laptop I do no problems
No Footie though. !!!!!!

jllvehdist
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Post by jllvehdist »

scaffman wrote:HI IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT WOULD COME AND SHOW ME HOW TO INSTALL KODI ON MY ANDROID BOX .I AM A CRETIN WHEN IT COMES TO MODERN DAY TECH.THANKS.

Get yourself a Mag 250 box, subscribe to a certain tv company (cheap as chips)

Then you sit back press 1 for BBC HD. 3 for ITV HD watch as many video on demand films as you want.

It's a bit like real TV but the SAME !!!!!!!

Just so easy.

Confused
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Confused »

Would this unmentionable TV system work on a DroidBox or is it restricted to MagBox's? Not interested in NTV as neighbours have had too many problems. TIA.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

Scaffman ,it may help if you say where you are.
If you can find home page (your remote may have home icon on) it should show all apps installed
Look for play store, select
once Play Store loads type Kodi in search box
select Kodi - install
when downloaded open.
there are some further details in the tv section

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

As a reminder, any posts mentioning or providing web links to a banned company or it's representative will be removed.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”