Trying to watch the football!!

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

dap2410
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Trying to watch the football!!

•   Message 1 of 21 in Discussion

Post by dap2410 »

Well it's that time again, there's something on TV that we all want to watch, the football or anything else for that matter. But can't because the picture keeps freezing, blanking out or ghosting. Its not NTV because I also have the other ZZZZ (can't name them due to censorship) TV supplier, and their reception is the same, freezing, blanking out or ghosting.

Tried calling MM but unable to get through, looks like their lines is busy. Double

Censorship is not the reason the company cannot be named. Why this company is not allowed on the forum has been explained on another thread.

Whilst it is for individual members to decide whether or not to use this company and its services, they were banned after discussion between the moderators and for very good reason.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Trying to watch the football!!

•   Message 2 of 21 in Discussion

Post by erol »

The information we have had from TTnet in Turkey is that one of the main fibre cables that connects Turkey to the rest of the world has suffered damage. They are working to restore it as soon as possible but are unable to give an estimate of how long that will be at present.

We (mm) have sent out sms messages to customers informing them that there are issues. If you have not got one then you need to check that your phone details registered to you MM account are correct. At times like these the main switchboard does become log jammed I am afraid.

Navek
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Navek »

Latest text/SMS from MM
15th June @ 16:06...

"We are currently experiencing degradation of internet speeds
across North Cyprus due to a problem with TTNET.
We hope this will be resolved as soon as possible,"

We're all in the same boat!

Navek

Becker
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Becker »

Trying to watch Royal Ascot,dreadful!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

dap2410 wrote:Well it's that time again, there's something on TV that we all want to watch, the football or anything else for that matter. But can't because the picture keeps freezing, blanking out or ghosting. Its not NTV because I also have the other ZZZZ (can't name them due to censorship) TV supplier, and their reception is the same, freezing, blanking out or ghosting.

Tried calling MM but unable to get through, looks like their lines is busy. Double
So it looks as though 'ZZZZ' TV reception does suffer just the same when there is an issue with TTNET, despite all the misinformation and lies that he posted on here!

wondering1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 21 in Discussion

Post by wondering1 »

We did not receive notifications on Extend although have the same issue, we actually went to sign up for the top level multi-max the other day for 12 months but the women serving us was so obnoxious we didn't bother. We thought it might be representative of the customer service in general but apparently not, maybe will try another shop.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 21 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

wondering1, you are not the first to post about the attitude of a female member of staff in the MM office, I assume in Girne. Please raise your concern directly with the MD. The service from the company is very good. Kemal, are you aware of this issue?

elizabeth
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 21 in Discussion

Post by elizabeth »

It's the same for all of us whichever supplier you're with, just hope it's sorted out for the England match tomorrow or there will be some unhappy folk.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 9 of 21 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Things seem to be returning to normal now. I assume that TTnet have managed to repair the fibre cable concerned.

eyebob94
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 21 in Discussion

Post by eyebob94 »

Fortunately we never have a problem with SunnyCyprus, but, we are on ADSL through our landline.

paul90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 21 in Discussion

Post by paul90 »

I had the same experience with the lady at Multimax - obnoxious and a "couldn't care less attitude".

Since we already have a 1.5m dish from the old SKY days I signed up to Digiturk last week and have watched all matches live on HD channel 23.
Looking forward to Wimbledon and the Olympics plus Premiership from August.
Their basic package is 22TL per month. An additional Sports package can be added for 28TL. The HD box is 2TL per month.
No need to pay for an annual subscription unless you want the slight discount.
Excellent service and they speak very good English at the Girne branch.

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

The internet problem is all over the national news in Turkey. The Ministry of communications is saying that the problems are with the lines in Romania and Bulgaria!

jllvehdist
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 21 in Discussion

Post by jllvehdist »

Keithcaley wrote:
dap2410 wrote:Well it's that time again, there's something on TV that we all want to watch, the football or anything else for that matter. But can't because the picture keeps freezing, blanking out or ghosting. Its not NTV because I also have the other ZZZZ (can't name them due to censorship) TV supplier, and their reception is the same, freezing, blanking out or ghosting.

So it looks as though 'ZZZZ' TV reception does suffer just the same when there is an issue with TTNET, despite all the misinformation and lies that he posted on here!

Lies.... That's a little strong !!!!!!

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 21 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

Because we can switch our TVs over to another Turkish box, my old mans very happy, I'm not!!!!! How long does this Euro thing last,

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 21 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

tomsteel wrote:wondering1, you are not the first to post about the attitude of a female member of staff in the MM office, I assume in Girne. Please raise your concern directly with the MD. The service from the company is very good. Kemal, are you aware of this issue?
investigating...
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

dap2410
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 21 in Discussion

Post by dap2410 »

jllvehdist wrote:
Keithcaley wrote:

Keithcaley wrote: So it looks as though 'ZZZZ' TV reception does suffer just the same when there is an issue with TTNET, despite all the misinformation and lies that he posted on here!
jillvehdist wrote: Lies.... That's a little strong !!!!!!
I got an alpolige this morning from ZZZZ tv for the disruption of my service yesterday, even so that the problem DIDN'T lie with them. Along with this alpolige they gave me a free days extension to my service. Now that's what I call good customer service and Customer Care.
Thank you ZZZZ.

muffin1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 21 in Discussion

Post by muffin1 »

Pulled up Filmon on the laptop and got a perfect reception on all programmes so this must come via a different source.

jllvehdist
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 21 in Discussion

Post by jllvehdist »

I had the same dap2410.

Nice service.

wondering1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 21 in Discussion

Post by wondering1 »

paul90 wrote:I had the same experience with the lady at Multimax - obnoxious and a "couldn't care less attitude".

Since we already have a 1.5m dish from the old SKY days I signed up to Digiturk last week and have watched all matches live on HD channel 23.
Looking forward to Wimbledon and the Olympics plus Premiership from August.
Their basic package is 22TL per month. An additional Sports package can be added for 28TL. The HD box is 2TL per month.
No need to pay for an annual subscription unless you want the slight discount.
Excellent service and they speak very good English at the Girne branch.
tomsteel wrote:wondering1, you are not the first to post about the attitude of a female member of staff in the MM office, I assume in Girne. Please raise your concern directly with the MD. The service from the company is very good. Kemal, are you aware of this issue?
Yes, Girne branch, oriental looking woman; but the other girl, I think was Turkish, was very nice and very helpful.

My wife and I are kind and make an effort with everyone we interact with (we are very happy here, we were not always like that haha ) and this is always received very well, even with people who appear to be moody or unfriendly at first glance.

We were shocked by the behavior of this woman, we were inclined to take it personally as it was so unusual so I'm almost relieved to hear that she just lacks social skills.

She must have slipped through the net during interview because it could only be a mistake for a good company with a high standard of service to employ someone like that.

Happy to hear Kemal is looking into it.
Last edited by wondering1 on Sat 18 Jun 2016 8:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 21 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

I understand the MD is conducting an investigation into this issue. However, he would, I am sure value your direct experience of the problem. Please contact him off this forum.

wondering1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 21 in Discussion

Post by wondering1 »

tomsteel wrote:I understand the MD is conducting an investigation into this issue. However, he would, I am sure value your direct experience of the problem. Please contact him off this forum.
The details/context are outlined above, there isn't much else to say on the matter in all honesty.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”